It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Bilk22

About three dozen people participated in demonstrations in New York, where they momentarily “disrupted” meals at popular midtown eateries, including Lallisse, Maialino and Pershing Square — places protesters identified as predominantly “white spaces.” Source

I'm still calling BS. That's the same feed as the last with nothing identifying the places of business. I know a lot of restaurant owners. I'll see what I can find out. So far this is a false story to further incite this crap.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

a true visionary.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

...with nothing identifying the places of business. I know a lot of restaurant owners.

Huh? Did you bother to read my post? It was not exactly very lengthy and it included the names of two of the establishments:

...including Lallisse, Maialino...

Call them and find out.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I'm still calling BS. That's the same feed as the last with nothing identifying the places of business. I know a lot of restaurant owners. I'll see what I can find out. So far this is a false story to further incite this crap.

Do you know the restaurant owners of the places listed or do you know owners that know those owners?
What about the various twitter feeds?
What about the pics?
So far your claiming it's a false story is as useful as me claiming that its 100 degrees in New England right now.

Nm..it's a all conspiracy.. I get it...it's not possible that a group of people made a stupid choice that has exactly 0% to do with what they are protesting.
edit on 4-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Before you accuse me of "race-baiting" please read this:

I am not making unfair statements, or attacking any racial group.

The purpose of this post is to report the story, and discuss it.

The story: protesters storm restaurants in NYC during lunch and target and harass diners in an effort to make some statement about the recent deaths of black suspects.

Question: Do you think protesters self-identifying their protests as "black brunch" are doing anything to help their cause, or do you think interrupting and harassing diners having lunch is stupid, rude, and counterproductive?

My perspective is this will be so incredibly counter-productive to their stated cause that it almost looks like a conspiracy to hurt their cause instead of further it. If I was advising somebody on what to do to sway public opinion against the protesters, I couldn't come up with a better plan.

"Hey.... I have an idea. We can make sure that NOBODY has any sympathy left for them. Let's hire some protesters to go into restaurants and harass white people having lunch!"

It's so unreal, and counterproductive, it's almost like a false flag for social unrest, with the end game being an escalation of the police state.

This is better...

Black Brunch
I have yet to find where this happened exactly in NYC. Right now I'm call BS. Is there a real news story somewhere? I live in NYC and didn't hear, see or ready anything about this.

Sure.

It's all right here.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Still calling BS until someone can provide a real news story. I'll also contact some cops I know. This happened in the 23rd Pct. area so I'm sure someone knows something about it. For a story that would surely be pretty big here in NYC there's nothing being reported. Nothing.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

About three dozen people participated in demonstrations in New York, where they momentarily “disrupted” meals at popular midtown eateries, including Lallisse, Maialino and Pershing Square — places protesters identified as predominantly “white spaces.” Source

You must be super popular to know what happened in all 40,000 restaurants in NYC today.

Have you called any yet?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If I was out having brunch with my family or friends and a group of people came in and started reading of names of people killed by cops...

It wouldn't bother me. At all.

Change doesn't come easy and some people don't get it until they are confronted with it. Making it a 'black thing'? Yeah that's race baiting. Occupiers did the same type of things. No, no one has the right to enter a business and carry out a protest but I still don't condemn it. Imagine you're on your way to brunch to meet your family, dressed how you please and your stopped, frisked, antagonized by cops. Not really something you have to worry about if you're white. Five minutes isn't a inconvenience to me when someone else might get arrested just for trying to get to where I am and do the same thing I'm doing... and god forbid they have to pull up their pants or reach for their ID while nervously forgetting to tell the cop what they're doing. That's the fking outrage.

*Yes I'm white.
*No I don't feel guilty about it.
*No I don't hate my own culture.

I just happen to see with clarity.
edit on 1/4/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Is this good enough?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

The official stats were 1 in 300,000 black people compared to 1 in 700,000 white people.

So it's twice as likely, not 21 times.

I'd share a source but I worked it out in another thread via a source of stats someone else shared.

I'd find the thread but all these threads have blended into one for me now and I can't for the life of me remember the title of the thread.

If I come across it I'll edit, or U2U it to you.

More on topic... This is dumb.
I don't know what they expect to gain from this.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is bulls#...

It's not even close to 21.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I agree. Cops killing civilians is a problem. I'd rather focus on that aspect though instead of putting the adjective black in front of civilians. It's not like whites don't suffer from some form of police brutality at times either.

Well it is known to some that the black community does a good job at sticking together. We could postulate this or that about if that is true but i say that there is much evidence that shows it to be the case. I have seen this with my own eyes in my life. One could postulate that it fuels the fact not often do whites group together when a white person gets murdered and neither do many blacks come together in defense of other races being murdered.

imo This is a product of slavery and shows the unique way that they had to band together to stay alive. It is not that group mentality is absent in other ethenic groups but that it is strong in black communities for obvious reasons and has endured the attempts of gov. and msm attempts at brain washing all of us into seperate careless mindless beings.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This happened in the 23rd Pct. area so I'm sure someone knows something about it.

The 23rd covers Spanish Harlem, the jackasses were harassing people in Gramercy Park which is covered by the 13th.

edit on 4-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
If I was out having brunch with my family or friends and a group of people came in and started reading of names of people killed by cops...

It wouldn't bother me. At all.

B.S
You would not be bothered if a bunch of idiots interrupted your family's meal?

I wonder how long a group of people would last if they walked into a soul restaurant and started reading names of blacks killed by blacks?
edit on 4-1-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
So this group of all blacks, segregate themselves, and decide to harass and target white people, because they do not like the fact that blacks have been killed, for committing crimes mind you, and they think this will accomplish exactly what? Is it these random white people trying to enjoy brunch with their families fault that these people have been killed? The only thing they are accomplishing is further fueling a race war, and setting the black movement back 60 years. Im so glad I ALWAYS have a gun on me.

Not that I have an argument with exercising your 2nd Amendment rights but what good would it do you in this situation? I try to imagine myself being there and what I would do. Being a bit of a loudmouth in crowds I would be tempted to get up on a table and yell "what exactly do you want US to do about it?, this issue crosses racial lines because all races are being victimized by police out of control. Do you want help or do you just want for us to hate you ?"

This tactic is so far beyond stupid it must be designed to generate more racial animosity. Question is who is behind it ?

If it looked opportune I might even ask one of the protesters if I could buy them brunch and let's talk about it.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a true visionary.

Imagine a world goverened by morality. A place where instead of legal meanings and definitions one would simply weigh the moral necessity of actions based on earth and human needs.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Black "identity" is no more prevalent than Irish "identity" or Polish "identity" or Italian "identity". The fact of the matter is that when a group of people come to this country with similar backgrounds, they tend to stick together as a community. As the community ages and new generations are born, the community slowly blends into American society. You can see this happening with the hispanic community currently. By the way, black people are no more African than I am at this point. They are just as American as anyone else in this country.

I'm not going to begin to argue that racism doesn't happen in this country or that institutionalized racism isn't a thing (it does and it is), but what fuels racial problems is the constant desire to seek retribution for previous slights. The white people in those restaurants were probably not police officers and probably had nothing to do with the institutionalized racism in this country, so why were they targeted? Because they don't care enough about black problems? That can't be the case, because some of the very same people who did these protests have tweeted things like blacks can't be racist against whites and other racist nonsense.

This whole issue is a good example of protesting cause being lead astray through bad to no guiding leadership. Just letting the protesters create their own issues. When this happens, they forget why they are protesting or end up protesting for the wrong reasons. The people in the OP are killing their cause, which is a shame because I want to sympathize with them. I agree that police brutality is an issue (though I want to move beyond it being a racial issue), but I see many blacks don't want my help at all. All because I'm white. Then they try to argue that isn't racism to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: xuenchen

a true visionary.

Imagine a world goverened by morality. A place where instead of legal meanings and definitions one would simply weigh the moral necessity of actions based on earth and human needs.

Ironic.

That's pretty much the point the dude from the college in Alabama was trying to make with his video, and atheists were outraged and demanded an apology because he referenced "religion" as being what helps people obey laws.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I was about to say the same thing.

I went to an almost all black school growing up-believe me-it doesn't feel too good to be attacked by large groups of blacks while hearing them yell things like "kill that white _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!!!"

That started in the 3rd grade-being constantly attacked by large groups of older blacks.

My only crime was being white.

This kind of thing happens constantly in our schools down here-and has since I can remember (early 1980's)

But it is NEVER racism when THEY attack.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is bulls#...

It's not even close to 21.

Thanks. I like knowing the real stats, the facts. This really shouldn't be that hard of a number to figure out.

Still, no matter what the number it's not meaningful unless there is an established causation. Claiming skin color is the cause of the stat is incredibly naive and stupid. If you had to make your living analyzing stats and making decisions based off of that analysis, and simply used correlation, not causation, you would be broke.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join