It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I understand where you're coming from, honestly.

& it makes sense given the current climate.

I was just wondering to be honest.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I like your posts Touque. You seem like one of the good guys. You sound fair and honest to a tee. Don't leave law enforcement because of these animals. We need you. Without people like you, it'll only be cruel and uncaring officers policing our streets. Practice law enforcement in the suburbs and let the animals eat each other.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Because I'm human. I do make mistakes. Do you?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Stop trolling me dude you know you just want to vent online about black protesters.

I did not invite you into this thread, with your chronology-impaired posts. You brought yourself here and if you do not like the topic maybe you should depart for whatever echo chamber in which you normally reside.

You probably support 2nd amendment and pro life protesters.

I support everyone's ability to protest. LEGALLY.

Nice reply when I said instagram and you go back to twitter.

Who cares? You were wrong as pointed out by other posters. Maybe you need to do a bit more searching.

2nd #blackbrunch on the west coast was a week ago, do some research.

Who cares? If you actually read the Original Post you would have noticed that it was in reference to the jackasses in New York City which was on Sunday, the day before Monday (as in yesterday) which you got mixed up with last week.

Thirdly are you mad bro? Catching feelings that some of these white people in the restaurants are now going to support the movement?

Not mad at all. I look at those jackasses for what they are. Jackasses. If the patrons then want to get up and march around and protest at establishments that have nothing to do with police brutality then they are free to become jackasses as well.

It's you making the divide, the irony here, oh boy.

'It's making you the divide'? Is that even English? What are you trying to say?

If you join the movement, there is no divide. You can't stand by another race that is not yours? That is being racist! Helloooooooooooo......it's no surprise that white people are outraged, haha, wonder why......

It does not make one racist to point out a bunch of jackasses targeting white people and 'white spaces' as moronic and, in itself, inherently racist. But why should I expect more from a poster who has issues telling time, does not fully comprehend what others write, has challenges forming coherent sentences and resorts to tired racist memes that really have no influence on my thought process as they are so comically absurd.

edit on 5-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I can assure you I am a good guy and truly do appreciate your comments.

That being said there is nothing on this planet that would make me stay in law enforcement!

I tried, but for me it is not worth it anymore.

The next few years are going to be interesting for everyone, law enforcement included.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'd say this could be helpful in the long run...

If you look at it from a certain perspective.

If police only deal with known suspects there is much less chance of people complaining about certain actions.

Honest question Torquey...

How many stop & frisks you've been involved in got a bit rowdy or aggressive that ended in an arrest that didnt lead to finding anything criminal on the suspect or any previous?
In the sense that they just got overly defensive but hadn't actually done anything wrong, which could be a factor of the straw & the camel for frequent stops, perceived constant profiling or just a pissed off suspect?

I know the idea is be compliant and nothing will happen, so it seems like a moot question, but different people have different temperaments for different reasons, so I would like to know.

Apply that to the idea of stopping less people of a police mans own initiative it also saves a lot of paperwork & leaves LEOs to just deal with calls coming in & warrants.

One last question, do you feel like you are given a lot of completely unnecassary work to do?

Again this added pressure & work could factor into police brutality that is caused by a pissed of LEO rather than just assuming they are a "thug" & treat everyone like that!

Things need to be fixed on all sides of the fence.

Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from & don't just think I'm another fool on a forum making sweeping statements about LEOs!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yes I do.

Fair enough.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He can't handle the truth AugustusMasonicus. He wants us to have white guilt so bad, he's trying to sell it to himself as reality.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

That being said there is nothing on this planet that would make me stay in law enforcement!

I tried, but for me it is not worth it anymore.

Traditionally, the O'Bedlams who quit law enforcement for whatever reason become arson investigators or EMTs. People like you a lot better and you get to ramble through other people's crap with your dog buddy.

And there's sorta-kinda law enforcement. I have some friends that tried the LEO gig and ended up in DHS or ATF and really enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I get going sometimes don't explain myself correctly. You can see by my posts that they are not the most elegant use of the English language. I am still trying and open to critique.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

To answer your question...

In London it tends not to be segregated to Black "blocks" & White "trailer parks"...

It's a bit more diverse in that places are generally a mix of all colours & cultures...

So I couldn't say if one seems more aggressive than another.

It is definitely different in the US. Communities here tend to be self-segragating with a few exceptions thrown in.

As far as my own experience, it's all just anecdotal. The older generations taught the younger generations about all of the hardships they went through, so black communities here tend to hate white people.

I used to walk one block to an elementary school to pick my brothers up when I was 14. We lived in a neighborhood that was poor and predominantly black.

The houses I saw everday had their windows boarded-up and most of them were deserted. Drug deals on porches were common. I used to get spit on just walking down the street--only becuase I'm white.

I had to save my 9-year-old brother from a group of black kids his age. They had him on the ground and were kicking him in the back while jeering about the "crying cracker."

I was 6'4" at the time (I'm 29, now, and 6'8"). I didn't intimidate these kids at all. When I ran into the group to scoop my brother up off the ground I had to bend-over to reach him; one of the kids hauled-off and socked me in the nose.

It definitely shocked me. I was so stunned I didn't know what to do. It's terrifying how entrenched the gang mentality has become.

An Officer at the school saw the whole thing and broke-up the group. The kids were threatening me as they left, claiming they were going to get their older brothers to jump me.

I've been jumped, spit on, slapped, jeered at, stabbed and bullied--all because I'm white. I constantly had to defend myself because of my race. The actual friends that I made were the exceptions, and they wanted out of that environment just as bad as I did.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We've all done it pal, I often do.

Apologies for seeming confrontational!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Should I deduce a pattern from that?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It does look that way. I also think this is what's going to bring people together with a real voice. In the end, truth will always win. People are fed up now. There's more people with law enforcement than against them. It can't rain all the time.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It wasn't. I probably made it that way in my own head. I do error in judgement every once in a while. See, we both came to a civil ending, too bad most of society can't.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The only pattern I could deduct from my encounters is that anyone can be stopped & abused, but Racism does still exist in the London policing.

Having seen it and confronted officers for doing so.

They soon become sheepish because it's the White Guy pointing it out rather than the Black guy.

Your above expericences are a damn shame & should be spoken about with the same veracity as any racism.

Hopefully by now, you understand my point, that just because it happens on all sides that the ones talking about it should shut up as some people here would want, they should in fact be calling for all racism victims to come forward & talk about it.
edit on 5-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The only pattern I could deduct from my encounters is that anyone can be stopped & abused, but Racism does still exist in the London policing.

Having seen it and confronted officers for doing so.

They soon become sheepish because it's the White Guy pointing it out rather than the Black guy.

Your above expericences are a damn shame & should be spoken about with the same veracity as any racism.

Hopefully by now, you understand my point, that just because it happens on all sides that the ones talking about it should shut up as some people here would want, they should in fact be calling for all racism victims to come forward & talk about it.

That's basically what I have been trying to get at.

Racism is a human failing that affects us all.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Cops not going out of their way to find/create crimes is a fantastic idea. Police have even begun shooting unarmed people citing 'compliance'. Straight up murder, what other class of people can get away with that #.

Firemen don't roam the streets looking to start fires, and consequently everybody loves firemen.. except cops, judging by some of the recent incidents.

How many times did Ted Bundy escape from police custody again?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

But this was about black people terrorizing whites in a restaurant. Doesn't that make them racist? How do they know all the whites inside were indeed racist? I'm not giving them an inch. Ad hominem is strong here.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I've come to that realization also.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join