It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: th2356

Constructive gets you broke. Can't you see the state of the nation? Time to drop the plastic faces. We all know it's coming.

I see very well what sad state your nation is in. Many people around the world do.

It's just too bad that so many simple minded Americans can not grasp the fact that most of the # you're wading in has been caused by right wing war mongerers and racist idiots who are constantly promoting fear, paranoia and hate - while making sure that the already gigantic gap between the rich and the poor only gets bigger.

Good luck to you all, you'll certainly need it.

I would say there are PLENTY of other nations around the world in a MUCH bigger heap of trouble than the US. The US is simply in the news more because of sensationalism in the reporting. I would also say that the left-wing is doing more harm internally than anyone else, but that is my perception of the situation being in the US. They have pushed for divides among people in every issue since the dawn of their political party, it has only been in the last 50 years that a swing from right to left has happened, and that swing has come from a basis of untruths and no research done by the followers of the left party.

The left were the true racists, even in the south. Dems were the ones that voted almost unanimously against abolishing slavery. Sure, southern land owners voted against it as well, but republicans almost solely voted against slavery when it came to the courts. There are a LOT of untruths or ignorant ideals that come out in these times, but the truth is, with a small amount of research, all of the votes and what was voted on by whom can be checked.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's all about money in the land of milk and honey.

nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A nation divided cannot stand. Please do get your # together.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
When I am dispatched to a crime in progress I cannot help what the race of the suspect is.

The only time I have control over what race I stop is during consensual encounters and sometimes during traffic stops.

A greater majority of the time I don't even know the race of the person I am pulling over because I am behind them, they have tinted windows, it's dark out, etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah I did wonder why Hispanic didn't make the FBI list to be honest.

It does on the Prison population lists.

Racism definitely goes both ways as well...

Like I said, the disheartening thing is the denial or "ignore it" attitude some people have here.
I disagree with the sentiment that if its ignored it will go away...

Even if it's a low percentage of cases, it should be screamed from the rooftops.

a reply to: macman

Then we're in agreement.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: game over man

If anyone read it, you would see it was a peaceful demonstration by a very small group of people.

Guess you missed the part about the jackasses gleefully recalling making some patrons cry (there are photos in the link).

Additionally, other people's private property is not a forum for public protest, particularly when they have nothing to do with the issue you are protesting.

Cry me a river. I looked at the countless instagram photos and videos, you're wrong. This event was over a WEEK ago. No arrests made. Except people in this thread want to crucify this group.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But what did it have to do with what you initially responded to?

I understood what you said, I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that crime in Ghettos occurs much more than outside...

What I don't understand is how that applies to the black community in general?

I don't think generalisations help in these discussions in the slightest.

I was trying to see if you noticed any patterns in the types of crimes committed across different ghettos containing different ratios of whites and blacks.

I was trying to show that, from my experiences, black ghettos tend to be more agressive.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Who put who on the defensive?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh dear, I am so sorry, my calendar shows that this is the year 2015 and I am listening to what right wing nuts are saying right now. Excuse me so much for recognizing stupidity, greed and racism when I see it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I can't go through the thread wasting my time reading all these ignorant comments about the black people should go protest in a popeyes, for crying out loud, that is so racist, this is exactly what this movement is all about. I guess you are unaware of the amount of racism towards a black president fueled by the republican party for both his terms and a lot of racism has been created because of this. All of you are exposing this, and popular opinion does not like racist republicans and soon we will done with all of you. What the protesters are doing is much better IMO than what giant corporations and politicians are doing.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You are the problem. We all know it. You have something to say about everyone but your morals never come into the picture when they pertain to yourself. Protest the real issues and leave my white ass out of your pity party.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

This has been my personal experience after a decade in law enforcement.

When I arrest a white person it is generally for domestic violence, fraud, theft, DUI, burglary, battery, drugs, child molestation.

When I arrest a black person it is generally for robbery, murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, grand theft auto, burglary, drugs, fleeing and eluding.

In my experience I have more issues when arresting a black person. In my experience they are more verbally abusive, run more, resist without violence more, and resist with violence more.

My city is 75% white and 10% black.

There are 3 areas of the city that pretty much every citizen knows to stay away from.

One is a trailer park that consists of mostly poor white people and illegals from Mexico/Central America.

The other two are predominantly black neighborhoods.

99% of the time when there is a shooting, robbery, grand theft auto, or a murder it is in the one of the predominantly black neighborhood.

Violent crimes tend to carry a harsher prison sentence. Also if one has a prior record of convictions they generally serve more time.

I could not care less what race one is. If you commit a crime I will come after you until I catch you.

If you don't want to go to prison don't commit a crime. That statement stands for every person regardless of race. Living life crime free is quite simple really.

edit on 5-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

You are the problem. We all know it. You have something to say about everyone but your morals never come into the picture when they pertain to yourself. Protest the real issues and leave my white ass out of your pity party.

Seems to me that you have a lot to say too, so what's your point? If you want me banned and gone, send a complaint to the moderators and let them decide what to do with me.

And I am already protesting the real issues here - the stupidity, ignorance and blatant racism shown by many in this thread. Your white ass I am not particulary interested in, no matter what shape or form it's in, sorry.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't associate crime with the colour of someone's skin.

So to me it makes no difference to me what patterns might emerge.

I'm white, but I've been stop & searched more than anyone I know of any colour...
But I've also noticed the way Police act & speak when I've been stopped with my Black & Mixed Race friends...
I've also even seen them treated differently just because they were with me, a white guy...

Should I deduce a pattern from that?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

If anyone read it, you would see it was a peaceful demonstration by a very small group of people.

Guess you missed the part about the jackasses gleefully recalling making some patrons cry (there are photos in the link).

Additionally, other people's private property is not a forum for public protest, particularly when they have nothing to do with the issue you are protesting.

Cry me a river. I looked at the countless instagram photos and videos, you're wrong. This event was over a WEEK ago. No arrests made. Except people in this thread want to crucify this group.

Actually, I think the OP original link has a pic of one of the patrons of a restaurant crying. A brown haired woman...it references one of the protestor putting a hand on her and the pic is right in her face.

While they have every right to protest whatever, where they protested was illegal, and whom they protested to was a pretty lame group. They were protesting black deaths by LEO, security and vigilantes at local brunch spots. WtF? Seriously? If there demo to reach was liberal white families then great, because that is who they protested to....if their objective was to get them on their side then more power to them, however, if I was out with my family at a privately owned restaurant enjoying brunch with my family I would tell them to F off.

There are better venues for their cause. They obviously picked the places based on racial profiling and knew it was illegal to do what they did in said places based on the fact protesting inside private businesses is illegal.

Ultimately they made no real difference and likely interrupted some good family time for folks. I am all for protesting for what someone believes in, but I view this as the same as a jehovas witness knocking on my front door and expecting me to listen to their crap.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

That in a nut shell is what I experienced.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I live in America. I have to be subjected to it daily. I don't want anything from you. I want the # to stop. Is that really too much to ask? It's my way of protesting.

link   
I see this as sort of analogous to PETA throwing paint on old white ladies in fur coats, instead of bikers in leather.

Why have a hissy fit in an upscale restaurant? If they'd like, I can name some cop bars in NYC they can go to, run up in there, and start screaming names in the patrons' faces.

THAT would be the appropriate venue and clientele. But it's a bit more of a commitment.

link   

To answer your question...

In London it tends not to be segregated to Black "blocks" & White "trailer parks"...

It's a bit more diverse in that places are generally a mix of all colours & cultures...

So I couldn't say if one seems more aggressive than another.

link   

The did the whole, alliterative cooly named, "Black Brunch" yesterday according to every major news source.

Google might not be your friend, but you can use it to look stuff up before you post incorrect information.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join