It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Did you call the restuarants in the OP?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
a reply to: Jamie1

Let me help you with that.

Using a sensationalized story to elicit a desired outrage is race-baiting.

So what specific statements do you find unfair?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I do have to wonder what would happen if this was reversed. If white people stormed restaurants frequented by blacks and did the exact same thing these folks did. Would that be considered racist? Telling black people they did not belong and whatnot....is that considered racist?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Well yay, everyone can go home now because the law doesn't state to only apply it to black people!

I can only argue against absurdity for so long.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Great. So you have helped establish the truth. That the laws do not target groups based on race.

So....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Are you the private property owner?

No?

Then why are you so upset about it if they aren't?

Since when do I need to be a property owner of one of the establishments in the Original Post to have an opinion?

Using that fractured logic you would need to be one of the protesters to agree with them. Which one of them were you?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

a reply to: Jamie1

Let me help you with that.

Using a sensationalized story to elicit a desired outrage is race-baiting.

So what specific statements do you find unfair?

The original question you posed in the OP started an artificial dichotomy.

Question: Do you think protesters self-identifying their protests as "black brunch" are doing anything to help their cause, or do you think interrupting and harassing diners having lunch is stupid, rude, and counterproductive?

From there, the thread descended into race fueled diatribe, fueled by that forced bifurcation. Looking at your previous threads, it's what you do. I don't understand how you are still able to make threads.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So we can safely say that in 2012 Black people were twice as likely to be killed by police...
What the stats would tell us for 2014 is pretty much impossible to find out.

Maybe (and I'm just saying maybe) the number of black people twice higher than the whites killed by cops has to do with the fact that there is a twice higher predisposition of black population to commit crimes. I don't know if it's purposely done but we all have seen the level of violence within the black community, their music which talks all the time about drugs and crime, how to make money, girls... in a very explicit way. This mentality cannot produce other than generations of criminals. The level of unemployment and the increasing need to rely into welfare and other programs from the government, the mentality that blacks are still being wrongfully treated in this country and the only way to move up and gain respect is to become rich (by any means necessary), the continuous blame of everyone for their own faults and looking up the sky by shaking their fists and screaming at some unseen force, is not going to change anything. Self victimization is the worst of the syndromes. So maybe black community should first start from within and see what can it be done to change this mentality which in IMO is the root of all the problems.

Going back to higher predisposition in committing crimes which it is translated often into a statistics of imprisonment, here is a chart that shows the rate in comparison with other ethnic groups in USA

Maybe the argument that is going to be used to confront this chart is (as usual) that of a wrongfully imprisonment due to the skin color, typical to blame blacks for all that happens, once black you already are on the way to jail and so forth... And once again everything goes back to what I already said: mentality!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you the private property owner?

No?

Then why are you so upset about it if they aren't?

Since when do I need to be a property owner of one of the establishments in the Original Post to have an opinion?

Using that fractured logic you would need to be one of the protesters to agree with them. Which one of them were you?

I never said you needed to be a property owner. I asked why you were so upset.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

If only someone could tell the many cops that.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Who said I was upset? Try sticking to the topic instead of trying to determine my demeanor.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wouldn't this particular brand of protesting also be considered profiling? Isn't that one of the biggest arguments in the black community, profiling by police? The stories clearly state they went to where they knew white people would be eating brunch. I thought profiling was something black protesters in this arena were all against. Again.....double standards?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Your demeanor in this thread has been to label protesters as "jacka!!es" in nearly every other post. Do you normally talk that way when you are happy?

ETA You don't speak like the Masons I know. Sad.

edit on 5-1-2015 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Blacks are only hurting themselves.

That's a false assessment.

I thought you were smarter than to generalise & make sweeping statements.

Much like the idiots who block traffic in protest.

I've been on protests that blocked traffic...
& many of the people being blocked joined the protests...

It's called raising awareness...

You can call us idiots I guess, but until you experience something like that your opinion is biased.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who said I was upset? Try sticking to the topic instead of trying to determine my demeanor.

Oh, honey. You're mad.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Show me lawsuits that were completed, not just brought and then dismissed, that are revolving around racism.

Then, show me the areas where the highest number of said lawsuits take place.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Also, human slavery today is unlawful, and the buying and selling of human beings is--in the US at least--a black market.

200 years ago it was completely lawful to buy humans for slave labor.

Pretty big difference.

Check out this guy thinking slavery is unlawful in the United States.

The 13th Amendment doesn't abolish slavery, it simply restricts its use. This isn't even a conspiracy theory with a fringe definition. It's spelled out in plain English.

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

There is an exception to the abolition of slavery.

en.wikipedia.org...

While I completely agree that the United States has a plethora of draconian laws that have been used to militarize the police--you fail to realize that the 13th amendment affects all of us.

But, I would also make the argument that--if you voluntarily commit a crime, you are agreeing to the labor you have to perform--because you knew that would be the consequence.

Guess which race has the highest percentage of incarcerations resulting in forced labor?

I'll give you a hint...

It's blacks.

Guess which race commits the most crime?

So, if you were more likely to end up killed by a police officer AND be bound for slavery, perhaps your existence would be that of fear and resentment toward the majority, eh?

No, I'm not an idiot, I would fear and resent the Police.

I typically try not to lash-out at the wrong people.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Show me lawsuits that were completed, not just brought and then dismissed, that are revolving around racism.

Then, show me the areas where the highest number of said lawsuits take place.

Why, so you can dismiss them? Do your own research.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
But, I would also make the argument that--if you voluntarily commit a crime, you are agreeing to the labor you have to perform--because you knew that would be the consequence.

Slavery is okay now because anyone can become one now... Interesting take.

Guess which race commits the most crime?

White people.

No, I'm not an idiot, I would fear and resent the Police.

I typically try not to lash-out at the wrong people.

Who are the right people?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well said...
& roundly ignored because people seem stuck in their own bubble when discussing this.

Also, with 2.2million people in Prisons for Profit, I'd say that's quite a lot of Slaves for this day & age.

707 prisoners per 100,000 in a population of 322,500,000(rounded to the nearest hundred thousand) is almost 3 percent of the U.S.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join