It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GV1997

Lucky you....you didn't get tasered...or worse. Yet. Get it? The mods probably got bored reading all the don't interrupt my brunch whines. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, acknowledge the problem. The problem is these people think they are entitled to something, and they are not getting it because of "white privilege".

Stupidity normally has harsh reactions for people in life. Remove the cushion for these people, when they fail in this BS and see the problem go away.

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
The mods probably got bored reading all the don't interrupt my brunch whines.

Doubtful since this is a very well moderated site.

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: NavyDoc

Also, IMHO, gone are the dignified protests of Dr. King and his friends and now we have the mob mentality and tactics of the Brownshirts.

If you read what they're actually saying you'll see it's very dignified - it just bothers people

Protest - even peaceful protest - is not the same thing as Christmas caroling - it's intended to make you think and make you uncomfortable

I can pretty much guarantee you that there are people who were at some of these black brunches that saw the beauty and power in a spoken word, artful presentation. It's emotionally charged - and to the point. There's a message in art - though it's not being presented as such in the many articles flooding the internet right now

You should read some of the comments on twitter - pro and con. It pretty clearly demonstrates why we are where we are in this country at the moment

More than 30 demonstrators staged events at restaurants such as Lallisse, Maialino and Pershing Square, Yahoo reported. The protesters, most dressed in black, read the names of African Americans killed by police punctuated with chants of “ashe,” a word from the Yoruba language of West Africa comparable to “amen.” Timed by participants, the ritual takes four-and-a-half minutes — since Michael Brown’s body was left on the street for four-and-a-half hours in Ferguson.

This isn't about winning sympathy or changing minds - the people involved know this isn't going to change any minds. It's an attempt to keep this situation in the spotlight

I read what they did and bringing a bullhorn into a restaurant is not anywhere near the definition of "dignified."

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I was moved to tears just reading about the events because I personally believe in art's ability to deliver our most profound and necessary messages

Pearls before swine maybe - if you read some of the comments on some of these sites you can see just how bad bad really is. But at the very least it's smoked out the truth of the situation. There's no use in pretending we don't live in a racist country - and it is definitely not our police - it's our citizens

This puts the focus where it belongs

edit on 1/5/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

and only wish to disrupt things for others.

Now that's rage inducing and discussion halting in my opinion. People wish for an injustice to stop. What an amazing example of privilege you just displayed.

Imagine the inconvenience of being stopped then incited by police on your way to brunch just for being the wrong color to be wearing a hoodie or just because the pancakes to be had are in an affluent white neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Maybe you think the cause is unworthy - that causing a little awkwardness or discomfort is not useful or important and that dining out is far too important an event to be disrupted - by loud art

In King's day - what he did was no different

Maybe we should take to the streets?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I read the article. One person tweeted that that had happened - I asked if it could be verified. Can it?

Is that all it takes is one tweet to convince you it actually happened?

Why no arrests?

Also - consider the source

Interesting info about the source to the OP:

Today The Gateway Pundit is a leading right-of-center news website. The Gateway Pundit has 4-5 million visits (Sitemeter) each month and is read by over 600,000 individual readers. It is consistently ranked as one of the top political blogs in the nation. TGP has been cited by Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Drudge, The Blaze, Mark Levin, FOX Nation and by several international news organizations. Jim Hoft was awarded the Reed Irvine Accuracy in Media Award in 2013.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

And yes, this IS a race bait thread, one of many from the hyperactive OP pushing his obvious right wing agenda. Must be election time coming up....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't oppose them doing this because it exposes the deep racism behind their motives. They are setting out against White people solely for being White, at 'White' venues and businesses, which is a targeting of an ethnic/racial group that has NO involvement with actions of police.

Further, they are doing this in Liberal communities, which means they are biting the hand of the last voter bloc they might have to support them and give them empathy.

In turn this will cause voters to swing the other way IMMEDIATELY and definitely in 2016.

So yes, keep going New York. After De Blasio's one term episode, you're going to see exactly what effect this has.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Oh sorry, I was over there, reporting your one line response...not. it's because we aren't reporting all the cussing amongst the discussing, hoping for rational members to help join in and bring some reasoned discussion to this thread...maybe. Or start a new one without the slant of this source.

Sigh. Got to run but we will just have to watch as other news outlets bring more clarity.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Did King and the Freedom Riders sit in at establishments that did not practice segregation?

Exactly where it belongs, not in private establishments who have nothing to do with the issue of police brutality.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Lucky you....you didn't get tasered...or worse. Yet. Get it? The mods probably got bored reading all the don't interrupt my brunch whines. Carry on.

Could you imagine what would happen if a bunch of white people busted into a black neighborhood eatery and started shouting at them?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Oh sorry, I was over there, reporting your one line response...not.

A one line response, as outlined in the T&C, is perfectly acceptable if it makes a point.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

If it is filled with T&C violations, then what is stopping you from reporting them so that they can be removed/thread shutdown?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Maybe you think the cause is unworthy - that causing a little awkwardness or discomfort is not useful or important and that dining out is far too important an event to be disrupted - by loud art

Peaceful protest on public property is perfectly acceptable as long as it does not disrupt the rights of your fellow citizens do go about their business. King was much more dignified than today's mob mentality.

Just because you agree with the protest and the lie they are still using ("hands up don't shoot" did not happen) does not justify these people interfering with anyone else's life at all, in any form.

King only protested establishments that practiced segregation not people who had nothing to do with the situation.

The appropriate protest would to protest the actual people they are bitching about--the police. Protest in front of town hall or the local police station and leave innocent people alone.
edit on 5-1-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah, because that is exactly what happened.

Brown was just stopped for being black on his way to brunch.

Gardner was just stopped for being black as well.

Honestly....this really is a shining example of the race hustlers having very little left to work from.

Disrupting breakfast of people, that are of a different color. Yes, very high brow and so on.

Reminds me of the stupidity displayed in the late 90s on a Tshirt for a Cleveland community event. The slogan was "Stomp out violence". Had a picture of a cartoon based black guy, stomping on the word "violence" with his boots.

Moronic.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I know... and I'm glad to know that many when asked to, stood up with them. Such rage over five minutes of time. Just a bit longer than singing Happy Birthday when waitstaff finds out it's a patron's birthday.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly where it belongs, not in private establishments who have nothing to do with the issue of police brutality.

It's society at large that they're addressing

Sorry - but you will never get me to agree

If what they do is considered trespassing - then let them be arrested

I promise you - they know what they're doing - and you're being annoyed by how, where and more importantly why they do this - is the entire point

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: th2356

Yes :-)

Sources count - if we are to understand intent

I have to leave unfortunately - it will be very interesting to see where this thread ends up - later

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

It happens. A lot. I'm not hustling race that's a BS tactic people use to try to shut up anyone exposing reality.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join