It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting triangle on the Sun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
this is not the first time triangles have been spotted on the Sun.

It also wouldn't be the first time someone saw a butterfly, a hand with fingers, a bird, or a sailboat in the clouds either. Still doesn't make it any less pareidolia.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

In all seriousness, it doesn't look exactly like a triangle to me.

I know you're going to think I'm pulling your leg or something, but here is what it reminded me of:

So I'm not getting the triangle so much as seeing this. But that's me. Everyone else might see the triangle instead.

And again, not making fun or anything like that. I think it's actually kind of cool to have a Star Trek symbol on the sun.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2015 by fenian8 because: For some reason not letting me post properly.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

that looks like an outline of the great pyramid taken from the view of the sphinx.

matrix orgin solved

edit on 4-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

There is some kind of higher intelligence behind this.

That seems like an awfully bold statement (and quite a stretch of the imagination), seeing as how there's nothing to back up such a claim. As others have pointed out, this is neither the first, nor the 'best' triangular shape to be seen on the surface of the sun. In fact it happens fairly often. A quick image search returned numerous other instances of triangles, a couple 'diamonds', and even what looked like a (somewhat) perfect square. Imperfect geometric shapes can, and do, appear everywhere in nature, all the time. The hexagon on Saturn would probably blow your mind....

Moving on.....Your 'laws of fluid dynamics' are absolutely irrelevant to this discussion, so why make the mention? Sure, some people may read it and assume your preposterous conclusion is correct because you use science-ey sounding terms and make such definitive statements, but then there are those of us who know better; Who know that the sun is composed of plasma, rather than liquid or inert gas, and is governed not by fluid mechanics, but by magnetohydrodynamics; an entirely different beast, and one that is not yet all that well understood.

What else did you have to support your theory? Oh yes, the Mayan artifact depicting a similar triangle on the sun. Now that could make for quite a compelling case, if it were authentic. But of course, it isn't. For one, that 'Mayan' carving is crudely done and doesn't resemble any known authentic Mayan works. It does, however, look just like the couple of dozen other 'artifacts' showing crude depictions of UFOs and whatnot that appeared on youtube and a slew of fringe websites during the early to mid part of 2012, when the Mayan end of the world nonsense was at its' peak. If it were an authentic Mayan piece, it would have some history. We could find out what site it came from, when it was discovered, what archaeologists were in charge of the excavation, and where it is today. Instead, we have a handful of youtube videos, and a slew of fringe and strange quasi-religious websites all parroting the same ridiculous story and showing the same few pictures, and nothing more. Your 'artifact' is a hoax, and simply did not exist prior to 2012.

...And that's all I have to say about that. The pictures of the sun were quite pretty to look at, so, uh, thanks for that....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I thought the *same* thing! Of course, I've been on Memory Alpha (Star Trek Wiki) all day though so...

I see it, what it is ... I have no clue.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yes, that gave me a good laugh Erik, and BTW, congrats on your promotion to mod - well deserved.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

There is some kind of higher intelligence behind this.

That seems like an awfully bold statement (and quite a stretch of the imagination), seeing as how there's nothing to back up such a claim. As others have pointed out, this is neither the first, nor the 'best' triangular shape to be seen on the surface of the sun. In fact it happens fairly often. A quick image search returned numerous other instances of triangles, a couple 'diamonds', and even what looked like a (somewhat) perfect square. Imperfect geometric shapes can, and do, appear everywhere in nature, all the time. The hexagon on Saturn would probably blow your mind.....

This shape appears to be an almost perfect equilateral triangle, and yes I have seen the hexagon on Saturn, and scientists have no idea at all why it is there, only guesses.

Why do I think there may be intelligence behind the triangle on the Sun? Well, the ancients sure built many pyramids, maybe some of them knew of the triangle on the Sun or knew of its significance.

The fact is neither one of us knows why there is a triangle on the Sun, and we are each entitled to our opinions.

Moving on.....Your 'laws of fluid dynamics' are absolutely irrelevant to this discussion, so why make the mention? Sure, some people may read it and assume your preposterous conclusion is correct because you use science-ey sounding terms and make such definitive statements, but then there are those of us who know better; Who know that the sun is composed of plasma, rather than liquid or inert gas, and is governed not by fluid mechanics, but by magnetohydrodynamics; an entirely different beast, and one that is not yet all that well understood......

Wow, your pompous attitude had me fooled for a minute, then I remembered that magnetohydrodynamics is just fluid dynamics with the addition of a magnetic field thrown in, so they are actually quite related.

What else did you have to support your theory? Oh yes, the Mayan artifact depicting a similar triangle on the sun. Now that could make for quite a compelling case, if it were authentic. But of course, it isn't. For one, that 'Mayan' carving is crudely done and doesn't resemble any known authentic Mayan works. It does, however, look just like the couple of dozen other 'artifacts' showing crude depictions of UFOs and whatnot that appeared on youtube and a slew of fringe websites during the early to mid part of 2012, when the Mayan end of the world nonsense was at its' peak. If it were an authentic Mayan piece, it would have some history. We could find out what site it came from, when it was discovered, what archaeologists were in charge of the excavation, and where it is today. Instead, we have a handful of youtube videos, and a slew of fringe and strange quasi-religious websites all parroting the same ridiculous story and showing the same few pictures, and nothing more. Your 'artifact' is a hoax, and simply did not exist prior to 2012......

It does appear you are correct about the artifact, its provenance it questionable.

edit on 5-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

edit on 5-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

and yes I have seen the hexagon on Saturn, and scientists have no idea at all why it is there, only guesses.

But scientists do know why the hexagonal cloud formation is there and how it was created. They even recreated it in a lab:

www.planetary.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

and yes I have seen the hexagon on Saturn, and scientists have no idea at all why it is there, only guesses.

But scientists do know why the hexagonal cloud formation is there and how it was created. They even recreated it in a lab:

www.planetary.org...

They bring up the Sun's triangle in the article as well!

They have attempted an explanation - that is all.

A tank on earth 10cm deep and 60cm wide does not exactly replicate a shape that has sides 8,600 miles long - there may be other factors at work they have no idea about. It's like saying the pile of rocks in your front yard acts the same way as Mount Everest. Not to mention the different temperatures, gases, gravity etc. But I give them an "A" for effort.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

www.planetary.org...

Nice link, in fact they mention other shapes such as triangles and even have a picture of one which could be related to the phenomenon seen on the sun.... Thanks for the link, very educational!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

They bring up the Sun's triangle in the article as well!

Where?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join