It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man holds up hands and lies down — and cops still kick him in the face and Taser him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I know that I could never do the job law enforcement does. Not without being something I don't want to become. I don't have the self restraint and that truly is a character flaw. I commend those who can hold their tempers in the face of their duty. Those police officers should be praised and not lumped with the few bad. I still feel that sometimes a criminal deserves an ass whooping but I'm old and set in my ways also.

The police who abuse their power, need to be policed from within. That means you good officers need to destroy the thin blue line. It's your life, your community, and your careers on the line. I never should have watched Serpico.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'll thrive. Plus I have a good tight shot group still. I have over a 1000 stitches on this meat skin. If I'm not dead yet, I'll never die. I've temped fate more than I care to admit but I'm slowing down in my mid life crisis. GET TOUGH ON CRIME!

The ignorant only know the pleasure and pain principle. That really is how you fix stupid.
edit on 4-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
It was a tragic situation that was not the fault of one person. The boy shouldn't of been pointing a replica style gun at people, dispatchers should of given all the information to the officers, the officer driving should of stopped the car at a safe distance etc.

I obviously wasn't there but I am having a hard time finding the officer that shot 100% at fault.

One thing that bothers me is that the typical person is not use to the very loud commands that cops use to initially control the situation since it is most likely the first time in their life this has happened. In this case the kid was not in the act of committing a crime, and there was some guy near by sitting that seemed totally indifferent to the whole situation. To have a cop car pull up then have commands screamed at you can in many cases cause extreme confusion at first, especially if the person knows they are doing nothing wrong. For a 12 year old I would think their first reaction would be to hand the gun to an adult, and this could be construed as pointing it.

Just seems that cops are less likely to let anything play out past their initial commands and the suspect's initial response, that I'm convince is the wrong response many times to what the cops are looking for due to initial confusion.

Even in war that type of reaction would mean you just kill everyone that moves, so there is a range of danger that a cop needs to live in so that they do not make the wrong decision. If I was the cop I would not have gotten out of the car and I would have told my partner..."are you crazy! back this sucker up! then I would have gotten out...

edit on 4-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Okay, sorry about the rant. I'll stop playing devil's advocate.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I do understand where you are coming from.

I think you also understand where I am coming from.

Everyone involved in these types of situations are humans and because of that nothing will ever go the right way 100% of the time.

Again it is just another reason as to why I am leaving law enforcement.

I can't pretend for one second that I couldn't be in the same shoes as any of the officers in the recent highly publicized cases.

It only takes one mistake (something that everyone is capable of making) to ruin my career, my life, my families lives and the lives of others.

Hell, it may not even be a mistake, it may be 100% justifiable and it could still ruin my career, my life, and my families lives.

Not worth $40K a year. Especially when I can use my degree to sit in an office M-F making $50K a year pushing paper.
edit on 4-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Well innocents are killed in military operations all the time. By soldiers, by bombs, etc.

Soldiers that do so seem to be forgiven a lot more easily though.

I remember one situation where a soldier in the box killed one or two teens that were riding a dirtbike. He thought they had rifles in their hands and it turned out to be something else. An umbrella I think.

He didn't get in trouble. People consoled him and told him it wasn't his fault because that's what happens in war.

Now I know cops are not at war, but when one shoots a teen that points a realistic looking gun at them after being dispatched to the location due to 911 calls from other citizens they are threatened and ridiculed by the public.

I guess it's easier to hate the cop because it is generally an American that is killed, opposed to the soldier who generally kills a foreigner.

Both are tragic situations.

I just don't personally want that responsibility on my hands and mind anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
Not worth $40K a year. Especially when I can use my degree to sit in an office M-F making $50K a year pushing paper.

Its the old damn if you do, damn if you don't scenario. I back the officer in the Ferguson case 100%, and it has basically destroyed his life.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2015 by CraftBuilder because: Attempting to be more positive.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

That's the sad reality of it all. We're so #ed.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
He didn't tazer him or the second cop would have gotten shocked too.

Defcon, I think you should do some fact checking on your answer. Here is one site I found to help you out. You really don't get shocked touching a person who gets tased, unless they are some sort of super conductor. www.healthtap.com...

Not saying its impossible, but very highly unlikely.

edit on 4/1/15 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Gotta punish him for making the bacon sucker waddle to him you know....

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think the biggest culprit for societies acceptance towards this is TV where cops do it all the time. Even reality TV shows you see it. They have been indoctrinated to accept it over the years. Fist episode ever was a guy on a motor cycle running from police. Crashed into a bus. Then mangled guy was rolled over thrown around. Screaming in pain and moving in reaction. The hollered stop resiting and ruffed him up.I can't watch that show they break the law there all the time, on TV and are not accountable. Yes i saw this coming long ago.a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Gotta love people defending the cops, always quick with caveman replys, its illegal to kick people in the face, plain in simple.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Police are incapable of breaking the law. It's why they can do the things they do with impunity. So while the police and their cheerleaders will use the cliche response "don't break the law and you'll be fine", they will turn around and applaud and cheer the police who break the law.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: butcherguy

Quick! Call Al Sharpton!

He will be coming to help..... right?

Why would Al Sharpton be coming? Does this have something to do with racism directed against black people?

Are you telling me that Al Sharpton only helps black people?
If this is true, I will have re-evaluate my opinion of the Reverend Sharpton.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No you don't, you don't like him and your comment was obviously a poke at him.

If yall don't want to hear about him then stop talking about him.

He helps anyone who asks him for his help and more importantly, can make him money.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Is it SOP to hold a taxer to a perps head?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He helps anyone who asks him for his help

Thank you.
Now I feel all better about the man.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Rah Rah Rah kick a meth head who runs in the head!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Obviously you do not live in Durham Region in Ontario. We get all the officers that Toronto gets rid of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join