It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man holds up hands and lies down — and cops still kick him in the face and Taser him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Kukri

I wouldn't run. I'd call a lawyer from the jail house like a normal person would. I'll let my lawyer do my talking. You can try to beat the system or you can work within it. Your choice.

There weren't any phones in the cattle cars.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

It can be amended. So it's not worth a #. How about you don't screw up and they won't have to kick you in your #in head.

So the cops smoking your joint in front of you, they were screwing up too just like you. Who kicks them in the head to go on the straight and narrow as you suggest?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am a cop and you don't speak for me.

NOT everyone is bad in my eyes.

Watch out with those blanket statements.

That being said the kick to the head was disgusting and absolutely uncalled for.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I get where you are coming from. Have you seen the violence in society today? Without the police there, it would be way worse. The officer who shot the 11 year old should be held accountable but society has make him leery of people because they do get shot. What do any of you have to offer as a way to fix societies problems? Mine is getting tougher on crime. We can sing peace on earth, good will to men after we clean this # up.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
He didn't tazer him or the second cop would have gotten shocked too.

This is incorrect. You will not be shocked if you are touching the target when a taser is deployed. My younger brother was involved in SWAT training and they all get tased. Two people help support the person getting tased, one on either side, and then the taser is deployed. You need to be contacting both barbs in order to get a shock.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I get where you are coming from. Have you seen the violence in society today? Without the police there, it would be way worse.

So that excuses brutality?

Glad you're just an internet tough guy and not an actual LEO.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They paid. Some with their lives. You live by the sword, you usually die by it. Nature's way. The system can screw up a 1000 times but all you have to do is screw up once to learn a big lesson.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I am a cop and you don't speak for me.

NOT everyone is bad in my eyes.

Watch out with those blanket statements.

That being said the kick to the head was disgusting and absolutely uncalled for.

Let me rephrase the statement:

Cops like that see everyone as bad, so for them there is no on and off switch. I'm not trying to suggest all cops are bad, but it only takes a small percentage to do great harm, and I think that they are protected by their peers in many cases.

As a side note: If you drove up to what appears to be a kid holding/playing with a gun of some kind (in this case an air soft) what is your initial reaction to determine the situation?

Since air soft guns are a big hit these days I'm just wondering what a cops typical reaction is.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

No doing the crime in the first place. I'll never sympathize with criminals. Try to get someone else to. My cousin beat a guy up real bad because the guy was robbing this pizza place where he was buying one at. They gave him free pizza! The police gave him an attaboy! They didn't say the crook was a victim.

I can cure the drug problem. Poison 50% of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

You are correct.

However, you can be shocked if you grab the suspect anywhere inbetween the probe spread or if you touch the probe wires.

In this case he appeard to use the taser as a drive stun device so those two scenarios would not apply.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why don't you have that meth head come to your house and put him up. You can both have fun until he steals your #.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I get where you are coming from. Have you seen the violence in society today? Without the police there, it would be way worse. The officer who shot the 11 year old should be held accountable but society has make him leery of people because they do get shot. What do any of you have to offer as a way to fix societies problems? Mine is getting tougher on crime. We can sing peace on earth, good will to men after we clean this # up.

There is always a balance. The reality is crime is at an all time low, so is it a perception or reality? I do believe that cops tend to mirror the environment that they work in. Cops where I live are mostly easy going people, my town is easy going, now compare them to cops who work in Watts and you will have a really different attitude.

Where do you live with such an attitude? I live near Portland OR, and I do not have any fears walking down any street there.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No doing the crime in the first place. I'll never sympathize with criminals.

That's right. Never sympathize with someone breaking the law.

The Law is infallible.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

People moved from the bad places but the bad places are moving father. People tend to learn from past mistakes and make plans not to get caught in a bad situation. Walk in an inner-city ghetto and see if you're not a victim. You won't because you have learned the lesson. If there's less crime now than before, why can't we let the kids or granny out without supervision? Hell, did you go to one of those black Friday sales yet? That's society. I see the problem. I see those statistics and # on them. I live here in the real world. The Inner-City was getting out of hand and the law started squeezing more. Reign that # in. I'm all for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Not if you run. hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I can cure the drug problem. Poison 50% of it.

With your Draconian views you most likely would not survive your own "fixes" to society.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Well in the case you mention it perplexes me as to why the officer driving the vehicle pulled up so close to the kid.

I would of personally parked farther away, exited my patrol vehicle, drew my weapon, and used verbal commands to engage the kid. I would make it clear that he needs to drop his weapon and that I may shoot if he does not.

Taking cover behind my patrol vehicle would give me time to talk, make decisions, and provide protection if in fact it was a real gun and he decided to fire.

However, the officer that shot the kid was not driving and did not get to decide his initial positioning. That created a whole unique situation in itself.

He truly was placed in a precarious position/situation by the officer driving the vehicle.

If I was the officer in the passanger seat and I was forced to stop within a few feet of an armed person with no cover to protect me from gunfire and when I exited the vehicle said person pointed the gun at me or in the direction of another person I CAN"T say that I WOULD NOT shoot either.

It was a tragic situation that was not the fault of one person. The boy shouldn't of been pointing a replica style gun at people, dispatchers should of given all the information to the officers, the officer driving should of stopped the car at a safe distance etc.

I obviously wasn't there but I am having a hard time finding the officer that shot 100% at fault.

edit on 4-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gotta love people defending the cops, always quick with caveman replys, its illegal to kick people in the face, plain in simple.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

They paid. Some with their lives. You live by the sword, you usually die by it. Nature's way. The system can screw up a 1000 times but all you have to do is screw up once to learn a big lesson.

I have lived by the sword my whole adult life. Now that I'm almost 55 I'm taking a back seat and letting younger people take it up...hehe The bottom line is if you maintain a professional attitude at all times you stay in control of the situation. I been with people that I know who recently killed ISAF personal, it didn't justify me to beat them up, or even spit on them, just maintain a cool and collective attitude. Here we have a cop the kicks a guy in the head because he initially ran...wow...

Just seems like an extremely low threshold to loose it, and I do not see that good for society in any way.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think teaching personal responsibly classes at an early age would help society. Good rubs off on people, I know it did in my life. Birds of a feather do flock together. You run with criminals, you usually are one. The police see things you don't every single day. Some fail, most don't. They are people just like me and you. They have families and love them just like us. You are saying that one bad apple spoiled the whole bunch. That works for both sides by the way.

I have compassion, just not for criminals. I remember building houses to flip and the copper plumbing stolen before I could get it on the market. I had to change my tactics. I used PVC. I don't buy stolen goods because I'm not going to be part of the problem. I'm not going to do drugs because I hold my self esteem above it. I can police myself with personal responsibility and take a load off the officers who keep us safe. People blow things out of proportion as the media is doing now. We see more of this kind of thing because of that and the internet. It was always like this. It will always be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join