It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid Causeway Finally Found.. in Illegal Dig Under House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The causeway to The Great Pyramid (Pyramid of Khufu), which has eluded searches by dozens of archaeological missions, was discovered by a local villager conducting an illegal dig under his home in the village of El Haraneya in Giza.

From Ancient Origins:

Arabic news source Ahram.org reports that a resident in the village of El Haraneya in Giza, a prohibited area for drilling, began digging beneath his house to a depth of about 10 meters (33 feet), when he discovered a passage consisting of huge stone blocks. The Minister of Police for Tourism and Antiquities was alerted to the discovery and security forces immediately placed a cordon around the property. The Ministry of Antiquities was notified of the incredibly finding, and archaeologist Kamal Wahid was placed in charge of a committee to investigate. In its report, the committee confirms the finding of the corridor leading to the Great Pyramid, the oldest and largest of the three pyramids in Giza.

Artist's reconstruction of Giza Necropolis. Image credit: Saint Anselm College

The Greek historian Herodotus described the causeway as being a work nearly as impressive as the pyramid itself and having taken 10 years to complete. The causeway would have been decorated with elaborate reliefs and presumably lit from above by a slit as can be seen in the remnants of the causeway of the Pyramid of Unas below:

Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
edit on 2015-1-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So what happens to the man who discovered it? I can't check the link at the moment but I can't imagine he will be thanked properly for this. Something tells me he just lost his house and maybe more for this.

edit on 4-1-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: big thumbs

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this; anything truly new turning up at Giza is big news.
BTW, I'm not sure if the blog is at fault, or whether it's ATS coding, but the link changes to one beginning with "(nolink)" when an attempt is made to post it. I'll decline to post a gimmicked URL to avoid a possible T&C violation.
I found the site by copying the link from the html found using the "Quote" function for your OP. Again, thanks for sharing this; it was well worth the extra step to read the article.

Edit to add: the blog does have a legitimate URL after all. Maybe shortened URL's are a no-no here, so here's the legit URL.

edit on 1/4/2015 by BuzzCory because: Added full link

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzCory

Thanks, I fixed the link.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR

So what happens to the man who discovered it? I can't check the link at the moment but I can't imagine he will be thanked properly for this. Something tells me he just lost his house and maybe more for this.

I'd imagine he's in a bit of trouble as he was conducting an illegal dig in a prohibited area and was probably doing so in search of artifacts to sell on the black market. On the other hand, it appears that he may have reported the discovery to the Ministry of Antiquities and that's not something they'd want to discourage.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You're welcome; thanks for your posts in this forum. They're always interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think your link to the story ... doesn't work.

HOWEVER

I found this ... LINK ...

AND noticed the 1st-n-only-comment:

For my research I need to know the angle of these causeways.........

Could it be the line draws an angle at 33 degrees north of due east?

The other causeways draw the sidereal month value and the 1 degree motion fo earth around the sun....

and if that is admitted they would have to admit the astronomical alignments drawn by the Pyramids are identical to those found all round the world?

Dr. Derek Cunningham
Author 400,000 Years of Stone Age Science

SO

I did some searching to see if "Dr. Derek Cunningham" had any website ...

BINGO!

-
OPINION: Derek appears ... GENUINELY-MOTIVATED !!!

( and likely worthy of more ... look-see )

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Great find, maybe it will lead to even more new uncoverings.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
I think your link to the story ... doesn't work.

HOWEVER

I found this ... LINK ...

AND noticed the 1st-n-only-comment:

For my research I need to know the angle of these causeways.........

Could it be the line draws an angle at 33 degrees north of due east?

The other causeways draw the sidereal month value and the 1 degree motion fo earth around the sun....

and if that is admitted they would have to admit the astronomical alignments drawn by the Pyramids are identical to those found all round the world?

Dr. Derek Cunningham
Author 400,000 Years of Stone Age Science

SO

I did some searching to see if "Dr. Derek Cunningham" had any website ...

BINGO!

-
OPINION: Derek appears ... GENUINELY-MOTIVATED !!!

( and likely worthy of more ... look-see )

Interesting link. and one that seems to point to the "Ancient Global Village" theory once again. It would seem that the evidence is piling up that such a theory is in fact 'a fact' .I personally believe this to be true for there is far too many coincidences in our archaeological record to not make such a jump. But alas I'm a layperson without credentials and my 'opinion' is just that. Time will tell as more and more links are uncovered whether I and many "more knowledgeable" people are "blowing smoke" or using common sense to come to a logical conclusion.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You can't have people digging under their houses and finding things like that. It will make the Archeologists look bad.

Sounds like he was trying to dig a well to me. Digging down that far just to find an artifact would have very poor odds of finding anything. But if they catch him digging in an area where digging is restricted, then I guess they have laws that would make it possible to seize his house.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It makes me wonder how many other people have carried out such digs, or have been paid to allow such operations on their property? Imagine digging down 10 meters in your own garden. That's over four stories. I wonder how many locals know of urban legends or myths passed down the generations?

It would make sense that whole villages or towns would have grown up around whatever access routes led to these pyramids during their construction. Then security around the acess points could simply consist of high stone walls and watch-towers.
But why are the tunnels 10 meters underground now? Were they built over with construction rubble? Or were they covered with sand from numerous sandstorms?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Wow! There is still something to be found there after all this time. Thanks for the great find!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

But why are the tunnels 10 meters underground now? Were they built over with construction rubble? Or were they covered with sand from numerous sandstorms?

A bit of all.
You can dig underground in every major city in Europe and find homes, cemeteries etc from the past. We build on top of whats there.

There has been what's believed to be construction rubble from the ramp used to build Khufus pyramid found in different parts of Egypt as it was likely reused. They recycled and reused rubble for many building projects.

I am of the belief that Khufus burial chamber (actual) is under that pyramid.....Time will tell.

edit on 4-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Awesome find.

Star and flag for you.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR

That's what I'm thinking. I bet he was digging an illegal basement for his house or something. But he did turn in his findings! It would happily surprise me if he got a reward and a thanks.
edit on 04pmSun, 04 Jan 2015 22:36:35 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I love this kind of stuff. This maniac just decides to say "screw the law, screw authority, this is my house and I'll do as I please" and starts digging. I'd really like to know what motivated him to do this. Yeah, it was probably a well or a basement, but until we know for sure, those are just guesses. Even if he says it was one thing, we don't know if he's telling the truth. I wonder how long he waited to report it. I wonder if he removed anything.

Could he have used some type of scanning equipment and known there was something down there?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
How do these things just get buried. Since it was built there has always been people living in that area. Something that massive doesn't just disappear.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I am of the belief that Khufus burial chamber (actual) is under that pyramid.....Time will tell.

I'll take that bet. I'm still relatively a young man...I'm hoping maybe...during my lifetime we'll see more info on the GP...and especially the chamber beneath. Whatever it is...I doubt it has anything to do with Khufu.

Lifetime of six-packs sound ok ?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
How do these things just get buried. Since it was built there has always been people living in that area. Something that massive doesn't just disappear.

The dinosaurs were massive, they were buried. The pyramids in Mexico were massive, they were buried. (A little closer in age as well)

The Yucatan has pyramids massive in size that were totally buried to the point they just looked like hills. Mother nature can do pretty much anything it wants over hundreds and thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

he was looking for relics, the same as a lot of the people around the area .

the same thing happened in a small village near the valley of the kings , the authorities built a new village for them away from the site so they could demolish the homes and investigate the site properly.

also a man in luxor was digging out the footings for an extension to his house when he found a sphinx and it turned out that there is a long walk way lined with sphinx statues .

as to the depth of these sites if you look at the ruins at karnak or luxor temples you will find evidence at the top of the columns and walls of erosion due to the travellers sharpening their knives on the stone ,

they had to remove hundreds of ton's of rubble and sand to expose the ruins .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join