It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Christ Die deliberately to make us feel Guilty?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Collateral

That would be fine, if any of the Gospels were considered reliable account of History that didn't contradict each other.

Eyewitnesses always differ on minor details, because they see things from different perspectives. In law school it is taught that minor differing leads credibility to them being honest, not vice versa. You are also taught to object for "collusion" if every eyewitness testifies the exact same details.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Eyewitness testimony is unreliable and that is when the events are fresh in the minds of the witnesses. Imagine the false memories that would of come up after 40 years!

Add to the fact that there is no definitive proof that any of the apostles even wrote the Gospels. It seems more likely that they were passed on through oral tradition and written by a ghost writer at a later date.
Hardly reliable in any sense of the word.

Add to that that the Apostles would of had their own agendas in pushing their own version of events.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Nobody called Christ died in the manner the bible would have you believe.

one second----tin foil hat on----conspiracy mode ENGAGED''

The expectation of the messiah was well understood way before the dates of the events in the bible were supposed to have occurred. IMPORTANT POINT. The jews knew, from the old testament, where, what and how their messiah was supposed to come about.

An occupying army, an educated occupying army (the romans) understand that to be effective, any occupying force needs to win hearts and minds. Over many years , they read the scriptures and come to know what is needed in order to subjugate (or more likely assimilate) an existing population.

You give the people what they want!

So all of a sudden a man appears, and he has a documented history..One that shows his lineage to David!

He's educated in politics, and has an opinion that doesn't exactly go against the roman occupation. An opinion that is pacifist in its foundation, yet still manages to adhere in the most part, to old testament beliefs.

This man, is tried, and executed in exactly the manner that has already been foretold in scripture....and resurrected as prescribed!

This little bit of roman theatre, enacted in order to subdue a small enclave out in the arse end of nowhere grows.

and we have a bonifide religion!

I am not religious...better sate that now

I do believe that the jews are still waiting for their messiah. (I'm not jewish, and it isn't coming)

I do believe a man (patsy) lived a life according to scripture, and probably died thinking it was for a noble cause...but who was...ultimately...a patsy!

edit on 3-2-2015 by idmonster because: was gonna change it to he, but....who knows, so left it.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
why cant I star this reply?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: idmonster

I couldn't star yours either until I refreshed the page. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate those so much more.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join