It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Christ Die deliberately to make us feel Guilty?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And saying I AM is not a claim of being God

Just a classic example of the western mind who grew up in western culture not having a clue to the Hebrew culture and figures of speech and understanding of what Torah observant Jews in His day would know and understand. Any Jew in that time or even today claiming to be "I AM" would immediately be saying "I'm God who spoke to Moses from the burning bush".

As I've repeatedly said before, when something is lost in the trasfer of Semitic culture and language to our western culture and English just look at the reaction of the Pharisees. They give you a perfect understanding of what was being implied or said in that context.

They immediately sought to execute Him for blasphemy. So it's completely irrelevant what that statement means to you in 2015. It's only relevant what that statement meant to the High Priest, 2,000 years ago in Jerusalem.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Here is a prime example Aaron, do you have a clue as to why when He was done reading in the synagogue in His first public appearance they were so furious that they immediately sought to throw Him off of a cliff? Do you know why?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

As a matter of fact it is completely relevant to what that statement means today because it has not changed since those times... They were wrong back then, and they are still wrong now...

Even today Jews will not even type the word God because its considered blasphemy...

Except saying God is not blasphemy because it is not a name of God... it is a title

They may have thought he was claiming to be God, but he was not... and he clarified that fact in John 10

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

He questions them in this passage because he did not EVER claim to be God... not once

Here is a prime example Aaron, do you have a clue as to why when He was done reading in the synagogue in His first public appearance they were so furious that they immediately sought to throw Him off of a cliff? Do you know why?

because he said the scroll he was reading was fulfilled

I might be thinking of a different passage

edit on 7-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

because he said the scroll he was reading was fulfilled

Yes, true, but what about the significance of that scroll? And you are wrong, if you think they are scared to just type "God" then you should get some idea what they would think of a man claiming to be "I AM". That is exponentially greater in significance than just a generic title for God.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Read

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It was likely Isaiah... so what?

The point I was making is that they are grossly incorrect about what is blasphemy to God... saying the word means nothing... but they take anything even remotely associated with God as blasphemous...

And Jesus didn't even say I AM THE I AM... he said before Abraham was I AM...

He was claiming to be the essence of God NOT God in the flesh... the very idea would have been insanity to anyone including himself

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Read

LOL you're kidding right?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Christ died as part of God's plan that I may be reconciled to Him. Why should I feel guilty over that?

When I feel guilt, it's a signal that I did something wrong in life. That I wronged someone and need to go back and re-examine to find out why I feel that that way. I don't feel guilt over my particular choice of religion or faith. Rather I take comfort from them.

If you are taking in guilt, then perhaps you need some re-examination somewhere. Christ is meant to draw you closer to God, not burden you with guilt. Guilt is merely signal that you have baggage you need to let go, and it's going to be with you whether you believe in God or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah - that link that NuT posted is an expired domain. ???? Is that what you found, too?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Christ died as part of God's plan that I may be reconciled to Him. Why should I feel guilty over that?

When I feel guilt, it's a signal that I did something wrong in life. That I wronged someone and need to go back and re-examine to find out why I feel that that way. I don't feel guilt over my particular choice of religion or faith. Rather I take comfort from them.

If you are taking in guilt, then perhaps you need some re-examination somewhere. Christ is meant to draw you closer to God, not burden you with guilt. Guilt is merely signal that you have baggage you need to let go, and it's going to be with you whether you believe in God or not.

Why should you believe any of it? That, right there, eliminates the guilty feelings.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It works for me.. Maybe he fixed it.

bibletruthsyoudidnotsee.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nope! Here's what I get, from clicking your link:

Expired Domain
Your Domain Name Has Expired
bibletruthsyoudidnotsee.com

And that was AFTER:

This domain has expired. Contact your domain registrar: www.ixwebhosting.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Why should you believe any of it? That, right there, eliminates the guilty feelings.

Exactly. If you don't buy into it, you don't have to feel that way.
At least, I think that's what you mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
LOL!!! I'm just now absorbing the true irony of these latest exchanges on this page.
OOPS! Domain is expired!!
*gasp*

nm.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Read

LOL you're kidding right?

No, why would I go to the trouble to link it if I didn't want you to read it?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Click my link in my sig. I just tried it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

why would I go to the trouble to link it if I didn't want you to read it?

Hiya, NuT. Long time. Glad you're well ----
um, that link is an expired domain. Literally. And Figuratively also.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Oh. I see now. I thought the "related links" were the "Home Page".

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

We are talking about the link you had earlier that said "Read" in bold letters. It went to bibletruthsyoudidnotsee.com...

And - I've already read that thread in your sig. Have you looked at the link in my sig? Might interest you!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I don't know what "expired domain" means so you'll have to forgive me. I can't speak for others, but when I click the link it goes directly to the page. I've just done it 5 or 6 times in the past 2 minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join