It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Evidence Russian Military Units Operating inside Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
More video keeps leaking onto the Net showing more and more Russian military units operating inside Ukraine. An excellent website has broken down a couple very recent videos. In the first case they can't find the location of the Russian tanks and BPM-97, mine resistant vehicles, however in a second video then do find the background location that is inside Ukraine.

www.bellingcat.com...

Of course Russia has been supplying weapons, military vehicles and troops into Eastern Ukraine. The idea that the local population of miners rose up to seize tanks and anti-aircraft equipment and fight off the Ukrainian military is ludicrous.

[snipped]
edit on 1.4.2015 by Kandinsky because: Snipped unnecessary comment

#####SNIPPED#####
edit on Sun Jan 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material directed at a member was removed

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Remember everyone, only "paid shills and Russians abroad" will disagree here.

Of course Russia has been supplying weapons, military vehicles and troops into Eastern Ukraine. The idea that the local population of miners rose up to seize tanks and anti-aircraft equipment and fight off the Ukrainian military is ludicrous.

Most of the arms in Ukraine on "both sides" are Russian manufacture. Good work Sherlock.
edit on 4-1-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

edit on Sun Jan 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yeah right,
This is from the source you linked to.

These Russian vehicles are not used by the Ukrainian military, and their presence inside Ukraine would be compelling evidence Russia has sent military vehicles into Ukraine. However, it has been impossible to find the position this video was filmed, so it has not been possible to confirm this was filmed inside Ukraine.

So to me you are just clutching at straws. I don't speak Russian, but maybe someone should find out what they are talking about first. It's probably just another Russian military drill in RUSSIA.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Most the arms in Ukraine on "both sides" are Russian manufacture. Good work Sherlock.

The BPM-97 has never been sold to Ukraine from Russia. You would know that if you actually read the article I gave the link to however.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky
Operating inside Ukraine, as it is observed by Ukraine government and the West. Not as observed by the people that voted for this nor Russia. It's all about what side you are in agreement on. Is it right? No. Is it illegal? That's up for debate. They voted, we didn't.

Edit: contrary to the article claiming this, the cabling is similar, but does not match. They don't change day to day usually.
edit on 4-1-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2015 by superman2012 because: Took out the part that doesn't make sense now because of snip.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: R6A6W6
It's probably just another Russian military drill in RUSSIA.

The article clearly identifies the location of the BPM-97 as Lugansk, Ukraine.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Operating inside Ukraine, as it is observed by Ukraine government and the West.

The photo was sourced online through social media and analyzed independently of the photographer. If you read the link you should have picked up on that.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I added an edit. Also, who's to say that that store, or whatever it is, isn't very common throughout that area and into Russia? All I am saying is this is not definitive proof of anything other than similar locations.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yesterday a new image of a BPM-97 reportedly inside Ukraine was posted online by various sources.

Reportedly means: according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).

So NO, it only assumes that on the basis of the fact that the electricity poles and wires look the same, when they are probably all Russian made as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Edit: contrary to the article claiming this, the cabling is similar, but does not match. They don't change day to day usually.

They do when you don't want to identified as being Russian military.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

They do when you don't want to identified as being Russian military.

So they change the power, telephone and whatever else, cables, just to disguise a vehicle being in the Russian military. You did read the article and know that I am referencing the power cables on the utility poles right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

More video keeps leaking onto the Net showing more and more Russian military units operating inside Ukraine.

One of the most compelling question would be where are the separatists getting their ammo and weapons from as the Ukraine military are not resupplying the bases that were overrun in the beginning of this conflict.

Amazingly enough though they keep getting resupplied out of thin air. But let's remember Russia is not involved in the conflict in Ukraine...or that is what they want you to believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The orientation of the months earlier Yandex maps photo isn't the same as the Social media photo. In the cabling photo you don't have trolley lines and the other you do have them. Not a surprise as the buildings are oriented differently as well in both photos.

Not a surprise given two photos being compared months apart from different spots at the same location.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So they change the power, telephone and whatever else, cables, just to disguise a vehicle being in the Russian military. You did read the article and know that I am referencing the power cables on the utility poles right?

Well you made the statement that those pics could be from Russia, so if that is true then the wires, cable, power or whatever would have to be changed from the ones in Ukraine...unless they are in Ukraine.

Now can you prove they aren't in Ukraine, or does Russia have the same power cable configuration as the pics that are in the OP source?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
My point was that the pic isn't the same. Were you stating that they changed the wires after the photo was taken to disguise the military vehicle being in Ukraine, or were you stating that they change all wire on utility poles on the off chance that a Russian military vehicle gets photographed?

Edit: If it was taken in Russia, it would make sense that they look the same as the energy sector in that area (Russia and Ukraine) is dominated by Russian companies.

edit on 4-1-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

The orientation of the months earlier Yandex maps photo isn't the same as the Social media photo. In the cabling photo you don't have trolley lines and the other you do have them. Not a surprise as the buildings are oriented differently as well in both photos.

Not a surprise given two photos being compared months apart from different spots at the same location.

Just a question then, if nothing is a surprise, what are you going by when you believe this photo is legit when there is only the one blog stating what your thread is about? If you say his word then that is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Do I doubt that Russia is operating in Ukraine, no. I just don't think they would be this obvious about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It makes it seem like you are ready to dismiss anyone that disagrees with you and your stance without willing to look at any other viewpoints, imo, very narrow minded and insulting to anyone that doesn't agree with you. Just my 2 cents.

In the original post I said absolutely NOTHING about disagreements with the article or my opinion. I did however anticipate and warn that people would immediately start throwing garbage at me. Here is the first example. Suddenly I'm narrow minded and insulting.

This is the type of post that aggravates people in thread and causes further disagreement. When people call others narrow minded it may seem small comparatively, but it begins the cycle of personal attacks that ends in worse statements.

Sadly this isn't the first personal attack from this poster against me. Last time it took 3 Mods to finally stop it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

While I do believe a few battalions Russians were involved in the the defeat of the Ukraine army late August/early September, Belingcat is by no means an excellent website, it`s used as propaganda by Western media...

Bellingcat

...and is as unreliable as it comes.
edit on 4 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just a question then, if nothing is a surprise, what are you going by when you believe this photo is legit when there is only the one blog stating what your thread is about? If you say his word then that is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Do I doubt that Russia is operating in Ukraine, no. I just don't think they would be this obvious about it.

The photo was taken less than a week ago in a war zone. It just started getting attention on social media and the first analysis by an independent amateur I posted a link to. I expect more to follow and am happy to bring this to the attention of ATS readers quickly.

Everything I see and read gets critically reviewed by myself...and my opinions are my own. I would invite people to look at the article in the link, check the photos and decide themselves if Russian military only equipment is operating in Ukraine. That's what makes a good thread IMO.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The BPM-97 has never been sold to Ukraine from Russia. You would know that if you actually read the article I gave the link to however.

As well the video of tanks and BMPs (in field exercises) in that link does not give us an indication where it was filmed.

Its just kind of thrown in there to bolster the claim this is inside Ukraine.

From the comments section…

The gall and incredible hypocrisy of any in The West who would criticize Russia for supplying arms to fellow ethnic Russians while at the same time supplying weapons and arms to Islamic terrorists with a straight face is simply mind-blowing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join