It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Just Figure Out A Secret Handshake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I went to the corner store a few minutes ago.
I'm wearing pajamas and have long hair.
I'm walking out with a six-pack and a cop pulls up and turns on the lights.
He gets out and walks up to me..and I introduce myself with a handshake.
He shakes my hand and I notice him press his thumb in between my thumb and pointer...holding eye contact.
I press back. He gives a knowing nod and tells me to have a good night.
I know there are some Masons in this neck of the woods. Did I just stumble across something?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I guess you could try it again without the pyjamas?

If you still get away without a problem you may be onto something

a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

No idea and no offence meant but I have one question. Do you go to the store often in your pajamas? Not that I'm disdainful of people's appearance but it would feel a little bit weird for me to go to the store here like that. Besides, I might get the urge to just sleep in the beer aisle.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

AISB

Seriously though that's weird. He didn't ask for your license or anything? You could have had a dead hooker in the trunk for all he knew, lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If bush and cheney show up dont answer the door ..

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
If bush and cheney show up dont answer the door ..

I will answer with a shotgun. Screw that bunch.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Walking outdoors in pajamas. I think that was the official handshake of the nuthouses years ago.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

AISB

Seriously though that's weird. He didn't ask for your license or anything? You could have had a dead hooker in the trunk for all he knew, lol.

He didn't ask for I.D. There are no dead hookers in my trunk. I've got a live freebie dropping in later.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hey long hair don't care!

And OP I have seen that shown on this site like 10 times to be the 'secret shake' of the masons.
So maybe you picked up on it without realizing it

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

No idea and no offence meant but I have one question. Do you go to the store often in your pajamas? Not that I'm disdainful of people's appearance but it would feel a little bit weird for me to go to the store here like that. Besides, I might get the urge to just sleep in the beer aisle.

I went to the bar in my pajamas a few nights ago and ruled the pool table.
I am 'Pajama Man.'

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You wear pajamas to go to the store and bars, and think a handshake is weird...

Oo

I see the problem here lol

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
You wear pajamas to go to the store and bars, and think a handshake is weird...

Oo

I see the problem here lol

It's not my problem. I'm the one that's comfortable.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Pressing your thumb down between someone's thumb and index finger is a pressure point. Not a secret handshake. It's a way to test if you're responsive or f'd up. The policeman was seeing if you were sober. Based on the way you were dressed, and carrying beer, he was thinking he had a " drunk in public" or some such thing..

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Pressing your thumb down between someone's thumb and index finger is a pressure point. Not a secret handshake. It's a way to test if you're responsive or f'd up. The policeman was seeing if you were sober. Based on the way you were dressed, and carrying beer, he was thinking he had a " drunk in public" or some such thing..

I didn't think about that.
I'm glad he didn't put pressure on the base of my pinky nail. That one can hurt.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Also, ....I should add, the eye contact was to see if your eyes were " twitching".... It's a way to see if someone is drunk or over the limit. ... Your eyes muscles become weak as you drink and can twitch. Hence the pen sobriety test by police....the fact that he put the light s on and came over to you, tells me he was ready for a drunk in public arrest. Had you not put your hand out to introduce yourself, you most likely would have been asked for ID and a sobriety test. But, because he sensed you were responsive , and appeared sober ( thumb press, and eye movement) he let you go.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Next time try this: whilst shaking the officer's hand, gently tickle the palm of his hand with your middle finger.
This is how Police greet each other, and it ,and it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling.
The police officer becomes elated if you persist, and he will flop onto his back, begging for a belly rub.

edit on 4-1-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

I'd heard they spit in their palm and enclose their opposite number's index finger in said fist while stroking gently back and forth. While doing this it's advisable to look deeply into his eyes while licking your lips.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Do you go to the store often in your pajamas?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Guten Morgen-

If You had short hair He would've taken You home and tucked You in after reading a bedtime story. Did You stash the reebs in Your "blankie" ? Was the 6-pack in cans or 'boddles'? Put the beer in a suckie cup to further avoid detection...

And if You went #2 in a Depend™ the cops would never bother You, You could get away with uh....er....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join