It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Governor learns his tax cuts for the rich didn't work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Greven

Yes I did, if you dont like that source, then google "Top GDP states" and "States with the lowest unemployment"

Youll get the same results, again most of them are red states

If you dont like my two sources find youre own, the facts are still the facts no matterwho is reporting them

LOL and look at the states with the highest minimum wage? where do they rank?

Youre right, i cant believe "you people" believe this stuff either........

What are you talking about? California has the highest GDP in the country. Texas is second. New York is third. It's a mix of red and blue.

It's similar with unemployment. Be specific.

p.s. I never wrote "you people" as you 'quoted' there. Try again.
edit on 12Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12:04:03 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am sure the people whom got the tax breaks beg to differ.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Many American cities are down economically because of the poor and minority populations and they always do the worst in bad economies...

As well the trade agreements (like this TPP) and general economic malaise due to the GOP( and democrats too but just not as bad) philosophy of trickle down economics where tax cuts for the rich and the politicians letting American corporations ship jobs overseas so they can increase their profits but loose Americans good jobs.

This guy in Kansas will have to raise taxes but he’s too stubborn to admit it.

Like Christie in NJ where it’s so bad the bond rating agency knocked down Jerseys rating 2 notches.

Also big ciy mayors don't make national policy that can affect the macro economy like Governors, congress and the president.

The GOP power and philosophy probably will within 5 years bring this economy to destruction unless people like Warren stops it

She won't becasue thats the plan.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

p.s. I never wrote "you people" as you 'quoted' there. Try again.

Yeah you did, you went and edited it out, nice integrity there man....

What are you talking about? California has the highest GDP in the country. Texas is second. New York is third. It's a mix of red and blue.

Not according to BAE.gov

This if for the last years complete data...most of the top states arent blue states....we will see when its released for 2014

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Youre right, i cant believe "you people" believe this stuff either.....

I can all this class warfare bull snip. 'Hate the rich' comes straight out of the communist manifesto.

Even more dumbfounding is all the rage over fiat currency. Which is nothing, but worthless pieces of 'paper'

The state has the power to print out of thin air.

So they demagogue.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Youre right, i cant believe "you people" believe this stuff either.....

I can all this class warfare bull snip. 'Hate the rich' comes straight out of the communist manifesto.

Even more dumbfounding is all the rage over fiat currency. Which is nothing, but worthless pieces of 'paper'

The state has the power to print out of thin air.

So they demagogue.

Thats exactly right, its not going to matter much when it all comes crashing down and that paper is worth nothing, what will be worth something however is resources........and if one looks at those states that are doing really well, they are the ones with actual resources to produce........weird lol

Thanks for your input man

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

you forgot something important.

you need to give it to people who don't have and will use it to invest in themselves. not just buy stuff.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Many American cities are down economically because of the poor and minority populations and they always do the worst in bad economies...

As well the trade agreements (like this TPP) and general economic malaise due to the GOP( and democrats too but just not as bad) philosophy of trickle down economics where tax cuts for the rich and the politicians letting American corporations ship jobs overseas so they can increase their profits but loose Americans good jobs.

This guy in Kansas will have to raise taxes but he’s too stubborn to admit it.

Like Christie in NJ where it’s so bad the bond rating agency knocked down Jerseys rating 2 notches.

Also big ciy mayors don't make national policy that can affect the macro economy like Governors, congress and the president.

The GOP power and philosophy probably will within 5 years bring this economy to destruction unless people like Warren stops it

She won't becasue thats the plan.

This isn't rocket science.

The cities have destroyed themselves by raising the cost for people to live in the city. So people who could afford to moved out. Businesses opened up in the suburbs. Office parks became all the rage because the idiots running the cities taxed the businesses and workers out of town.

Now states are doing the same thing. Long-term, the states with the highest tax rates are going to lose population. The states with lower tax rates will gain population.

Lowering tax rates doesn't equal lowering tax revenue. This has nothing to do with money "trickling" anywhere. Capital moves to where it can be put to use most effectively.

Now if a state had a 20% tax rate, and you actually proportionally benefited from the state taking 20% of your money, then people would be rushing to live in that state.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Bottom line is middle class jobs are going overseas at slave wages so the elite industrialists, who bribe the politicians (mainly GOP) so they can do it with impunity) can make more millions of dollars

How many mansions and yachts do they need?

How many tax cuts do they need?

What are they doing with all that money while poor people and middle class people starve and lack a decent living?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Cutting taxes when there is debt, is like skipping work when you behind on payments.

Most people would try to get some overtime to get things caught up, but not our welfare for wall street professional politicians that think when you get behind just cut more taxes.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
so, the rich folks didn't just pour the extra savings back into the economy but instead do as rich folks do, invest/save/nestegg it.

go figure.

Uh...investing IS putting money back into the economy. That is where public companies can get operating capital and everyone with a retirement account has investments.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yeah you did, you went and edited it out, nice integrity there man....

Not according to BAE.gov

This if for the last years complete data...most of the top states arent blue states....we will see when its released for 2014

You are imagining things. I edited my post to add the thing that says "EDIT: (etc" as you were posting a reply and nothing more. I haven't touched it since.

As I said before, BE SPECIFIC about what you are actually saying. Are you talking about GDP growth or top GDP because as I said, California has the highest state GDP, full stop. This is not in dispute by anyone, except maybe by you? For example, if you look at the PDF for the full data from that site you linked, you see this for state GDP in 2013 the top 3:

(in millions, so for example, California is $2 Trillion)
California .................. 2,050,693
Texas ....................... 1,387,598
New York .................. 1,226,619

Let me give you a sense of just how big their economies are: the entire state contribution to U.S. GDP was $15.5 Trillion in 2013. Those three states alone make up 30% of that.

The region breakdown is this, look on the PDF if you want more detail, page 6:

(Mideast includes New York, Southwest includes Texas, Far West includes California)
New England ................. 847,683
Mideast ..................... 2,825,303
Great Lakes ................ 2,164,187
Plains ....................... 1,019,654
Southeast .................. 3,337,240
Southwest ................. 1,899,016
Rocky Mountain ............. 541,022
Far West ................... 2,888,182

edit on 13Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:48:41 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: fixed link

edit on 13Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:54:54 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: making it smaller

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: Edumakated
At the end of the day, we are still talking about Kansas... We aren't talking about a state that everyone is dying to move to and that also has a diversity of well paying industries. I'm not sure tax cuts alone can help Kansas. You also need to cut spending. I'd need more facts and details, but if these tax cuts were implemented last year, I can't realistically expect that you would see this major improvement in a year.

The funny thing about liberals is they will argue that they need tax something to discourage it - cigarettes, big gulp drinks, fuel, cars, guns etc. Yet, they can't apply that same logic to economic growth. Taxing all those other things discourages consumption, yet raising taxes on people's income doesn't affect the economy?

They are not really tax breaks to the wealthy...It is a failure to tax the wealthy at a higher rate which the libs call a tax cut...

They want to tax big business more than they are being taxed now...I can't figure out how they can't get it...Big business won't pay more taxes...They just add the cost of the taxes to their products and the working people pay more to cover the taxes...Taxing big business hurts the working person...

The funny thing is, that places like Maryland, where they taxed "the evil rich" at a much higher rate, lost revenue and businesses when those evil people moved.

I, however, don't see that side of the coin in the OP.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The middle class should just stop spending. Stay home, eat at home, go to work and school, watch movies, listen to radio. The only way we will be heard. It will mean job losses, but that will be even less spending. Change means some sacrifice and pain.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Giving them cash does not spur the economy. Unless they invest in something new. Wealthy people have access to that money without subsidies. To create a job you need a new product or sell more of a product. Giving to those that spend all their income would sell more products and create jobs, more revenue for those businesses and more tax revenue. Giving it to the rich is not an automatic win, it's a wish and repayment for bribes ( lobbying ) Giving it to the poor or not taking it from them, is guaranteed win as they will spend it guaranteed. Rich complain so much about social programs for the poor. So funny when they love them for themselves. If it were the other way around, there would be less need for those social programs.a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I love the Owellian doublespeak. Not taking more from someone than you want to is not "giving" them money in any way, shape, or form.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Bottom line is middle class jobs are going overseas at slave wages so the elite industrialists, who bribe the politicians (mainly GOP) so they can do it with impunity) can make more millions of dollars

Im sorry where are the facts that most of these are GOP?

Stop playing the left right game.........

Some of the richest politicians are democrats.........

Want to see one of the most bought and paid for politicians towing the cooporate line right now? Look no futher then President Barack Obama.....

have you not been watching what hes doing

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yeah you did edit your post, and im not the only one that saw you take that out of there......

You see I have integrity , i wouldnt have put it in my post if it wasnt......

2nd Ive given you the hard data.......

You want to try and split hairs do it on your own time, its clear the math isnt good enough for you because it doesnt tell you what you want it to......its clear from the gov own website the states with the highest GDP, I dunno how you can even try to dispute that other then trying to change the direction of your argument , which is dishonest at best......

Not my problem
edit on 1/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Okay, let me explain this another way, so folks understand what happened here. Or, rather, let someone else explain:

Pat Ross: "Just because we got a tax cut didn't mean we needed to hire more people. We put that money in our pocket."

Click to 2:05 in this video to see what a Kansas farmer has to say about it.

Businesses don't hire based on tax cuts.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Nobody gave anybody anything. The Government just didn't TAKE as much as some people think that they should have. Funny how Democrats always phrase tax cuts as giving people money.

when you get the bill at a restaurant are they taking your money?

well i suppose you could argue they are taking your money but you received something in return did you not? is it unfair that someone pays a higher rate for their meal because they ordered lobster instead of salad?
i would desperately like to see you in circumstances absolutely devoid of government spending

in fact i believe if the government simply ceased to exist the kinds of people in question are the ones that face losing the most

SNIP
edit on 1/4/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: We Expect Civility And Decorum In All Topics

LOL. If you get a meal in a restaurant, you received an exchange of goods for the money--the restaurant does not force you to buy the meal for the guy at the next table. Since the higher wage earners use less of government run programs, they actually get less value for their money than the lower wage earners.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yeah you did edit your post, and im not the only one that saw you take that out of there......

You see I have integrity , i wouldnt have put it in my post if it wasnt......

2nd Ive given you the hard data.......

You want to try and split hairs do it on your own time, its clear the math isnt good enough for you because it doesnt tell you what you want it to......its clear from the gov own website the states with the highest GDP, I dunno how you can even try to dispute that other then trying to change the direction of your argument , which is dishonest at best......

Not my problem

Uh-huh

Uh-huh.

There's no splitting hairs. I truly wonder if you know what GDP stands for. You keep saying the highest, when the highest GDP is California. The end. Figure out what you mean and relate it, because I sure can't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join