It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Just Happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I took a nap during the first football game, around the end of the first quarter early second. When I got up I started watching from that point on the dvr. Got into the third and there were two touchdowns, around a five minute span, where I had already seen what happened. I even called the second touchdown as I remember Tirico's call, saying they had extra people on the line then they threw it to the eligible receiver.

I was sleeping when all this happened, so how did I see it? I went to sleep before halftime, so how could I have watched a part of the game that happened after I crashed? I don't sleepwalk, I didn't get up and watch a few minutes before crashing back again.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not freaked out but it's really odd, to say the least. I have no explanation.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Inb4 some nut comes in claiming remote viewing lol.

Maybe you weren't fully asleep, but rather in almost asleep.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Very interesting to say the least! But hey, the unconscious mind is a beautiful, yet mysterious thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KoMPLeX

...the unconscious mind is a beautiful, yet mysterious thing.

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
you obviously remote viewed the happening,
oh wait....dang it.

honestly I bet your subconscious continued
to tune in. Its pretty darn good at that sort of thing.
unless you turned your tv off, in which case,
see above explanation .

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The mind is an amazing machine, you give it some context and a bit of audio information and it can put an entire story together that mimics reality. Back in the 90's I had a Grass EEG and we were doing sleep research and testing our own entrainment systems. One the things I found especially intriguing was sleep learning. You set up a REM monitor and start an audio system, generally a reading of a book, fade it in 3 to 5 minutes after REM starts. In the morning, you tend to remember your dreams and they are built on the book audio, the story which your mind pieces together to form a coherent series of "memory" events. Another interesting aside is that you know many parts of the book as if you lived them. It's quite an interesting process.

So it's very possible you hit sleep at just the right time, your brain absorbed the audio and developed a false "memory" visual based on the audio context, piecing it all together to make a coherent (although possibly not totally correct) "memory" of the game.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KoMPLeX

Yeah, huh? What a weird experience. When that first touchdown happened I thought maybe it was second of the game for that player. Then the next one happened and I knew not only what was going to happen but what was going to be said, that had me flummoxed for a few minutes.

Well, at least my day has been slightly exciting. Not something I experience every day, or even ever until today.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yeah, but the tv was off while I was sleeping. So unless I'm picking up signals from the cables to the DirecTV or gleaning it, somehow, out of the wifi, then how did I get that little bit of the game?

That's it, DirecTV hacked my brain. Maybe I took a trip in the TARDIS? I really don't know.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Football.. no wonder you are going crazy.

:/

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You were telepathically connected to someone who saw the game and as you slept you actually were experiencing what the other person saw. Just an idea, one I I think may be true. It is pretty hard to test, but it does explain a lot of things I have experienced in my life. With no advanced knowledge you go somewhere like a store and meet someone you are thinking of going see. This has happened many times in my lifetime, not just a few.

Another thing is discussing things with my wife only to find they come on tv an hour later, someone in a different timezone is seeing them an hour before I do. Coincidences do not happen a hundred times in a year.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The brain is a receiver (after all, nervous impulses are electricity) and can pick up radio signals - ever had a song in your head that "coincidentally" was on when you turned on the radio?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Our thin understanding of quantum physics--and I dare say, the word "physics" used in that context is probably not really a good choice--allows many possibilities about the field of information that has, does and will exist. Unfortunately, we have absolutely no concept of how our typically linear minds can sometimes jump the gap.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Isn't there some dumb sports forum somewhere you should be posting this on?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Your thread reminded me of this one posted by another member last year. Except they never fell asleep.

wtf just happened?

Hope you figure out what happened. Not nice when you can't explain something.

edit on 4-1-2015 by MissBeck because: Forgot we were in a New Year, so when I put 'earlier in the year' it wouldn't have made sense, unless I have suffered the same time slip as the OP. Changed it to 'last year' :-D

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yeah, but the tv was off while I was sleeping. So unless I'm picking up signals from the cables to the DirecTV or gleaning it, somehow, out of the wifi, then how did I get that little bit of the game?

That's it, DirecTV hacked my brain. Maybe I took a trip in the TARDIS? I really don't know.

Ok, didn't realize the TV was off, must have missed that. Then that is truly weird and I believe any reason falls outside of conventional thinking.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You heard it in your sleep. I keep the tv on all night. It's happened to me over and over again. Sometimes the tv becomes part of a dream. a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He said he fell asleep during the game. No mention that the tv was off.
Bye now no time for nonsense .a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, the most logical assessment of this is simply that it didn't happen the way you are telling us.

Subjective reality is weird. We can be convinced of things that never objectively happened.

The brain truly is amazing.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, saying the TV was off in the OP would've helped... if there was no normal way for info to be received, then I'd say the 100th Monkey phenom is a candidate... or group mind... a la Shelldrake... the more people see something, the more accessible it is to other people (or animals) through a shared mind... at some level beyond waking consciousness.

Many people were watching in real time... your sleeping mind accessed it through the noosphere.

Or the scientists using sleepers to work their problems were catching the game (see secret space force threads) Or... it was magic...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
He said he fell asleep during the game. No mention that the tv was off.
Bye now no time for nonsense .a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Aaahhh. So no mention the TV was on or off. I did notice the other night while I was watching the mentalist and the wife had drifted off, she incorporated the audio from the show and started to actively answer patrick james' (the character's) questions. Funny thing is she did it pretty clearly, I could understand everything she was saying even though much it didn't make sense LOL.

Cheers - Dave

join