It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what did my grandmother see?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sounds like she saw something. I believe her. I don't know what it was but I've seen something that sounds similar.

And nah, mis-identification in these days with google and with zoos and museums so accessible? I think not. Also, having something like mange doesn't make a creatures eyes glow red--just sayin'.

No, weird things exist. What they are is up for debate. Was it physically there eating an animal--I think yes. Is it always physically here--I don't know.

& are there more? Yes, so it would seem.

But yeah. I think your grandmother was telling the truth.
edit on 27-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well she said she saw it at night, with her headlights so she could very well have seen something. A goat maybe directly facing her so she could not see its hind legs, chewing its cud (the eating of the small animal) and its eyes glowing red due to the headlights. (Much like a Cats will. remember Goats eyes and sheeps eyes as well are very similar in nature to that of a cat)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OP, I believe you believe your grandmother.. who here wouldn't unless theirs has dementia..

personally I don't know enough not to believe your grandmothers account.. that's why I visit ATS, to expand my paradigm..

What I don't believe is all the stupid posts with idiot questions concerning her and your integrity.. if they don't buy into the crypto then don't visit the forum. I garun#ingtee one of these forums brought them to this site and we can't prove a dam one of them..

I feel for your grandmothers ridicule though.. I've been in that position (not a goatman) and it sucks when family don't believe..

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I drive dark country roads every morning or every evening depending on my shift. In the mornings I drive myself, in the evening my husband picks me up from work. We usually see deer, foxes, skunks, dogs, bears, racoons, cat, owl or possums roaming around in the road or near the road. In every instance we know exactly what we are seeing .. ok a few times I have mistaken a raccoon for a cat. If someone were to say to me they saw a goat man or big foot or a red eyed demon Id tend to believe them just on the simple fact that we see so many of the above mentioned animals on a daily basis that any thing out of the norm would be a reason for at least curiosity sake to ask around if anyone had ever seen anything like it before.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: truehumandna

Well, it's not a "usual" sort of case, but then again, it isn't that unusual, either. People have reported similar things, and weirder ones. I suspect she saw some sort of demon thing. Scoffers can scoff, but when you see weirdness yourself, you start being a little less skeptical.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: 3n19m470

Let me put this another way… how many cryptozoological species do you know of that exist "in the fossil record"?

That was my point. They don't exist. Or are misidentified, hoaxed, whatever.

"Goat men", lol.

Why, because the fossil record is so complete? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Seriously, there are "new" species discovered all the time, that they had no record of existing.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

a reply to: 3n19m470

Let me put this another way… how many cryptozoological species do you know of that exist "in the fossil record"?

That was my point. They don't exist. Or are misidentified, hoaxed, whatever.

"Goat men", lol.

Why, because the fossil record is so complete? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Seriously, there are "new" species discovered all the time, that they had no record of existing.

I agree. Except "goat men" (and "ManBearPig")… Unless the implication is spiritual, you mean… there are no fossils of them either.

They aren't "3D".

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I agree. Except "goat men" (and "ManBearPig")… Unless the implication is spiritual, you mean… there are no fossils of them either.

They aren't "3D".

Well, they could be "spiritual", of course. I figure demons to be beings that can go between dimensions that we can't access. They could easily appear as goat-men, pig-men, or whatever. Half-animal/half-human forms are used in artwork for demons, after all. That said, they could be undiscovered forms as well. stuff has slilled through the cracks before, and fossils don't form all the time.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Agreed what you said.

Looks can be deceiving

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They can, indeed!

Creepy pic, that one. Species?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

"Goat men", lol.

How DARE you! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The black goat of the woods with a thousand young!

Next thing, I suppose you'll be blaspheming Yog-Sothoth.

eta: I have seen some weird crap in the woods at night. Or heard it. A lot of it was in one very particular area in Stephens County, where other people tend to also see weird crap. While I don't believe in goat-man, well, I've seen some things (with co-witnesses, so we were both hallucinating) I don't exactly know how to describe that are actually WORSE than a goatman, if you can believe it.

Also semi-normal things acting in semi-abnormal ways that don't make sense, and stuff so oddball all you can do is shake your head and blink to make sure your eyes were online. Then ignore it and go your merry way, hoping you never saw that again. Eventually you learn not to go there after dark.

On the more normal side of things, one of my brothers and I swear we saw a fisher one time when we were in the woods farting around. Shouldn't be any in north Georgia, but if it wasn't a fisher, it was the world's biggest mutant otter.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Who's that?

well, I've seen some things (with co-witnesses, so we were both hallucinating) I don't exactly know how to describe that are actually WORSE than a boatman, if you can believe it

Love a description. This isn't a trick question or set up…

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Love a description. This isn't a trick question or set up…

Well, as a sort of build-up here, the place in question is in the middle of no-where, even worse than most of Stephens Co anyway. No lights, no houses (afaik), no businesses, just out there in the county.

There's a two lane county road, and to one side there's a fall-off from the road about 20 feet or so. On the bottom there is a field several hundred yards to a treeline. The other side is cleared with occasional trees, you sometimes see cows out, I don't know who owns it. As you go, the road dips down and turns into some thicket woods, at the bottom is a two lane iron bridge ca 1940 over a rocky creek.

It's pretty common to see odd things in the area. I do not like being out there late on foot.

Have been tooling through with friends at night late, and on the bottom side, about 10 feet in the air, what appeared to be an eye the size of a beach ball opened up and appeared to turn towards the car, following it as we drove past. That would put the eye about 30 feet over the ground out there. It was far enough back from the road that the car lights didn't illuminate it, what you saw was eyeshine like a dog or cat, twinkly green, with the suggestion of motion but no clear image of what was moving. Oh, and it blinked a couple of times. The whole thing lasted 10-15 seconds before we passed the point it was at.

I was talking to the driver when this happened, and just sort of petered out and stopped but didn't say anything. We went down to the curve, and the guy driving said "Ok, I have to go back and see what that was" "What did YOU see?" "A big eye?" "Just one?" "yep" "screw that, you keep driving" We went back the next day and there weren't any tracks in the field.

There were other uncanny things I've seen down by the bridge at other times. At the time I was a Lovecraft fan (high school) and was convinced the Old Ones had set up shop in the Appalachians instead of Maine or wherever.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Thanks that, Bedlam.

Ewww, creeepy…

I wouldn't have gone back either.

Considering the possibilities, one comes to mind. It was beckoning to come investigate. Who knows what amazing abilities would have been bestowed upon you if you had gone back at the suggestion?

Maybe they were. The only such corroborated experience for you?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Considering the possibilities, one comes to mind. It was beckoning to come investigate. Who knows what amazing abilities would have been bestowed upon you if you had gone back at the suggestion?

I was more considering the likelihood I'd be a canape for Cecil the Seasick Field Serpent. The impression that the thing was attached to a large head was very strong. You just couldn't see enough to tell.

Maybe they were. The only such corroborated experience for you?

Nah, there were two or three down at the bottom where the creek was. And I think I lost maybe three or four alternators/batteries on cars driving through there over the years. And in the general vicinity but not the same road, there was another fun time had by several but I don't know if they're related.

I've known other people to see things at the creek as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I was more considering the likelihood I'd be a canapé for Cecil the Seasick Field Serpent.

We're taught from an early age about "monsters", so sad.

When the real spiritual events occur we shrivel from fright due to that programming. After all, you know theres no dragons in the woods… just lions, tigers and bears.

I know your mindset from ATS, you are a levelheaded critical thinker, not prone to flights of fancy or deception.

Fascinating reports, thanks for sharing them.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Goat Man of Kentucky? Don't remember where this guy was spotted anyway.

Op, i don't think you should go aorund telling this story to people. Share in forums like these instead. People are just....well. Thanks for sharing

Btw, i believe you. I wonder what the heck these impossible-to-live enties are, or where they came from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join