It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Was Buried For A Reason. It Is Evil. It Was Obtained By Robbing A Grave. Again An Evil.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
The bible is a symbolic story about astrology. What is wrong with that?

I dont think anyone (except those under the delusion of religion) find anything wrong with that at all. Its how delusional people interpret the bible which makes them hateful, and potentially dangerous people when they fail to realize that it IS in fact a symbolic story about astrology, and not some "life manual" to which human beings received from a divine source on how to live and also how to hate and war with others like they tend to use it for.

I used to be under that delusion. The more you read the bible and take it as the "literal true word of god", the more you believe that everyone and everything around you is pure evil and an enemy of god. And therefore any disgustingly evil actions conducted towards those such people are "rightous" to god and therefore justified no matter how completely wrong it actually is.

It is a DANGEROUS book to take literally.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthSeekerKnight

Does this look evil to you? I half to wonder/

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What are you talking about?.

The bibles old testament is based on an incomplete collection of Jewish scriptures extant in the third century and the new testament was based on collections of gospels and other writing's that were available then also.

The bible you might want to know as drawn up under Emperor Constantine not dug up out of a grave though it was also edited to a great degree but was based on the work of the conclave of Nicenea, even churches that were not a party to the conclave such as the Syriac orthodox, the Ethiopian orthodox etc adopted is as it was seen as a correct choice of book's, sadly the Cathars may have adhered to certain texts that were deliberately left out and so were murdered in a misguided crusade that was more about power than religion as indeed may several other small Christian sect's who history has forgotten.

Now as for calling the Bible itself evil, well it is a book and depends on how it is interpreted and by whom as with any religious text and adherent's of a faith, it is worth noting though that though the bible could no longer be changed certain corrupt entity's wanted to control the knowledge so that there particularly twisted interpretations would be the only one's followed, Christ is king (as demonstrated by Kanut and the tide) does not go down well with tribal rulers who also want to be king themselves for instance and so the whole mythology of divine right which is fundamentally actually a blasphemy against Christ (you can serve only one master) was coined while the illiterate masses where kept from knowing the truth by the bible being read in a dead language until Martin Luther a catholic Priest decided to do something about it and publishing it in German changing the world in the process and opening the religion to the people.

It was never dug up out of a grave and is a at the heart of a living religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthSeekerKnight

No Prophecy Is Fixed. The Actions Of All The People Around The Prophecy Must Play Out Perfectly. If One Person Is Killed That Should Have Been In It, Before The Prophecy Is Fulfilled, That Prophecy Must Be Thrown Out And Another Created. But Not One Of The People From That Time Is Alive Now. So Everything You Read Is A Dead Prophecy.

Revelation Only Mentions Two Figures God And The Anti-Christ. The Prophecy Doesn't Contain Any Other Specific Names So It Is About Them Only.. If You Wan't To Put Yourself In It By All Means Have Fun..I Will Not Fight For Either Side.(Gentile) So I Will Be Here When Its All Over.

First off, the Bible wasn't buried and found by grave robbers, it's been passed down through the generations, it doesn't take much research to find it's same writings as today 1600 years old +.

Second if you read Revelation, you'd see it mentions much more than two figures. It mentions many nations, many people, the two witnesses, the churches, and even those who have died before us. Oddly, enough it doesn't mention the rapture like you say; which all this tells me you have no read it, and sure don't understand it.

And regardless of what you think, you won't be here when it's all over. That's prophesied by the man who created you, and who invented and controls time itself.

You aren't forced to pick a side however, because God doesn't force you to love him; but if you were wise you would.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OP is a troll. Posted and ran to watch the fun unfold.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Question: How hard is it to type by capitalizing the first letter of every word you type?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is some interesting information if you really want to know more about the history and age of the bible.
codexsinaiticus.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.wnd.com...

The conclave/council of Nicaea
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Oh my! «Braaaain! Braaaaain!» You should check out Boko Haram and Taliban, you share many of their concerns.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Oh my! «Braaaain! Braaaaain!» You should check out Boko Haram and Taliban, you share many of their concerns.

I thought the hope was (by the OP) your eyes might open. I suppose not by your response.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The Bible was not discovered by archaeologists. It wasn't "dug up". It was passed down hand to hand, copied and distributed literally for ages.

It is a collection of books which have been revered by many for at least two thousands of years. Some of its books are considered to be upwards of 5,000 years old.

Most of the Revelation of Jesus Christ has already come to pass. It is the 66th and last book in the collection/library.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ mentions Paul of Tarsus, Jesus Christ (God the Son), God the father, God the Holy Spirit, the angels, the people of the Earth in general, several Kings/rulers, the harlot/'Mystery Babylon', fallen angels, the devil, the Great Beast, seven specific churches, the Anti Christ and the remnant of Israel, just to name a few of the many more "people" mentioned there. Your insistence that there are only two persons mentioned is just plain wrong.

Why don't you actually read it?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thank heavens! There may be a God after all! Finally some sense!

edit on 12-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The christian bible does tend to contradict itself at times, and 'eye for an eye' but, 'turn the other cheek' well, make up you're mind! Plus a body that's been dead three days in that heat reanimates? really? In a sealed tomb that might not hold enough air for three days breathing? no water for three days? in that heat? (Okay, calm down, get a cup of coffee)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The christian bible does tend to contradict itself at times, and 'eye for an eye' but, 'turn the other cheek' well, make up you're mind! Plus a body that's been dead three days in that heat reanimates? really? In a sealed tomb that might not hold enough air for three days breathing? no water for three days? in that heat? (Okay, calm down, get a cup of coffee)

Where the Bible refers to "an eye for an eye" in Exodus, it is in relation to the Law taking an appropriate (to the crime) balanced response to transgressors, i.e: death and dismemberment is not an appropriate punishment for stealing bread (you must remember the primitive social context of the world at the time that this law was framed, where kings and judges executed people for minor infractions and at their whim).

The Exodus reference is also under the Old Covenant (legal agreement) between God and Israel. Jesus reference to "an eye for an eye" does not negate that, but extends the nature of the response to forgiveness and mercy - 'turning the other cheek to one who slaps you across the cheek'. This is part of the New Covenant established between God and all who accept Jesus.

There is no contradiction.

When interpreting the meanings of the Bible, context is important. Too many people cherry pick a few words of the text and draw conclusions that were quite obviously never intended and are contrary to the meaning of the full text.

Also, the whole point of the resurrection was that it was not a mundane occurrence, explainable by logic and science.

Jesus was clinically dead for three days (in that heat!), attested to by the separation of blood plasma from whole blood (when the spear pierced His side, a Roman test to see if he was really dead) and the length of time He was deceased (He definitely wasn't in a state from which one could just recover).

That is why everyone refers to it as a miracle, something only God could do.

edit on 12/1/2015 by chr0naut because: The space bar on this laptop is faulty! You have to hit it several times to get it to work. Apologies.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I followed you all until

originally posted by: chr0naut
Also, the whole point of the resurrection was that it was not a mundane occurrence, explainable by logic and science.

Luckily God doesn't have to adhere to well-meaning but oh so naive Christians who like to make the whole Jesus mythos into the most unlikely and most impossible scenario in the realm of reality. Saying stuff like:

Jesus was clinically dead for three days (in that heat!), attested to by the separation of blood plasma from whole blood (when the spear pierced His side, a Roman test to see if he was really dead) and the length of time He was deceased (He definitely wasn't in a state from which one could just recover).

makes me very happy that I live in a society governed by science, and much more happy that you are not my doctor, for if you were, you would have pronounced me dead a few years ago when I passed out after being unable to breathe for a while, since one of my lungs had exploded in a fall I did from the top of Pissed down to planet Sober a few years back. Thankfully two coppers found me and hurried me to the hospital with all the lights and sirens they could muster, and luckily there were a trained physician (like Nicodemus) and an experienced surgeon (like any Centurion) waiting for me exactly when I needed them the most, so they could literally stick a blade into my chest (like the Centurion did) and drain it for hemothorax (look it up, it's basically «blood mingled with water»).

Instead of going through the whole routine of explaining it all, I'll instead direct you to a thread I made about this a while ago:

«It could be you up there...» ==> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Things don't HAVE to be bleeding impossible in order for Jesus to have escaped or overcome it, he wasn't stupid you know. He was quite capable of the most extraordinary things, like building a boat so he would walk on water, and make a door so he could walk through walls. Carpentry and Rhetorics-- magic!

Another VERY important thing, is that back then there were no terms for clinically dead or braindead or anything really. If you were unable to breathe you were dead until some miracle would allow you to draw your breath again (or let's say a centurion proclaiming Jesus' innocence with a loud voice and straight away heals him from one of the most common injuries of the battlefield he knew so well). I wasn't dead, I am very much alive, much thanks to medicine having developed quite a bit since the time of Jesus and Nicodemus. And most importantly, Jesus wasn't dead on Golgatha, and there is no point to be made that he should be.

That is why everyone refers to it as a miracle, something only God could do.

Or simply people doing what they were trained to do and showed the greatest kind of love (so say Jesus) -- while doing so. Besides, how could Jesus have been dead for 3 days to allow for 'the separation of blood plasma from whole blood' (sic) when he was still nailed to the cross? Think!
edit on 12-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They were buried in the archives of the catholic church and resurrected by the catholic church to control society to fit their goals.
Yes some of it is good and needs to be rewritten in the NOW language so it can be understood correctly. But the one out there now creates more confusion then helps.

There is only ONE thing in it that matters. The First Commandment.
When you learn You are the GOD you will face when you die everything will make sense. Thou shalt have no GOD but ME.(meaning YOU).Reread that.
You are the god of your world are you not. You make all the decisions on what happens in your life. So that makes YOU your GOD. If you can't get control in your life it is because you are listening to someone else who is giving bad advise. Open your Heart and listen to it not others.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I followed you all until

originally posted by: chr0naut

Or simply people doing what they were trained to do and showed the greatest kind of love (so say Jesus) -- while doing so. Besides, how could Jesus have been dead for 3 days to allow for 'the separation of blood plasma from whole blood' (sic) when he was still nailed to the cross? Think!

Never really happened as was a metaphor you took seriously (not to heart), or really happened as a miracle event you did not take seriously (heart/mind); Fake posturizing by God of all things (best trickster ever).
edit on 12-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthSeekerKnight
They were buried in the archives of the catholic church and resurrected by the catholic church to control society to fit their goals.

just out of curiosity, which of the 2 dozen Catholic Churches are you referring to? The Church of Rome? Or one of the 23 Eastern churches that separated from the Church of Rome 960 years ago?

Yes some of it is good and needs to be rewritten in the NOW language so it can be understood correctly. But the one out there now creates more confusion then helps.

Could that be perhaps because there isn't just ONE version of the bible floating around right now? There are approximately 20 versions all with differing degrees of variation in how they were translated making them, in some cases, starkly contrasting one another. And that just takes into account the English translations. There are dozens more in other languages with varying degrees of inaccuracy when comparing passages of text. Not only do the translations differ, but how the passages are interpreted by different groups varies. Sometimes even within the same sect depending on geographical location.

There is only ONE thing in it that matters. The First Commandment.

That depends on context. To Christians, the most important thing in the Bible is the alleged word of Christ, not the anachronistic leftovers from the OT

When you learn You are the GOD you will face when you die everything will make sense. Thou shalt have no GOD but ME.(meaning YOU).Reread that.

And we can add one more competing interpretation of text to the above list I guess.

You are the god of your world are you not. You make all the decisions on what happens in your life. So that makes YOU your GOD. If you can't get control in your life it is because you are listening to someone else who is giving bad advise. Open your Heart and listen to it not others.

You're certainly entitled to have your own view of the scripture. It's only fair since no 2 groups of Christians can agree on text and how it's interpreted. I won't begrudge you the same pleasure. Personally, if I were at all interested in looking at the whole Christianity thing again, I would be more interested in some of the gnostic script found at Nag Hammadi. Particularly the Gospel of St. Thomas. I think the message, despite how bastardized and misused it has been for nearly 2 millennia, but the message attributed to Christ is a lovely and beautiful one and a great way to live. I simply prefer the Thomas Jefferson approach which is removing all the supernatural, magical and divine stuff from the NT and getting to the crux of the whole thing which is Christ's message of peace and love. I'm not really into how people have turned it into a justification and rationalization for some of the most heinous and hateful atrocities of history.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

OK, so now the crucifixion was just a metaphor.

Well done.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Revelation Only Mentions Two Figures God And The Anti-Christ. The Prophecy Doesn't Contain Any Other Specific Names So It Is About Them Only.. If You Wan't To Put Yourself In It By All Means Have Fun..I Will Not Fight For Either Side.(Gentile) So I Will Be Here When Its All Over.

The Revelation in the KJV bible mentions four beasts and 24 elders in Chapter 4. -- Also 144,000 people and the twelve sons (by names) of Israel in Chapter 7. -- Also seven angels with seven trumpets in Chapter 8. -- Also the devil (Satan) in chapter 20. -- Also the author, John, in Chapter 22 and not to mention a multitude of people from all races and nations that cannot be numbered or names contained in one book back in chapter 7.

Your missing the entire purpose of this Revelation. It is given to some as hope for an afterlife in the celestial new Jerusalem. That is where the spirits of the saved will receive a new name and a new covering (body), eat and drink the food and water of life for eternity. It is a message of hope for those who want to believe that hope of eternal life. Not of the dead but life. Really it is not to be argued because it is all theology. If you find it foolish then that is your prerogative and you could be right. But I don't think you are right and that is my prerogative.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

OK, so now the crucifixion was just a metaphor.

Well done.

How do you know? Fact or fiction (what does your higher self tell you; be quiet and occasionally LISTEN to what is being revealed).
edit on 14-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join