It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens invaded the Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

Yeah and I say your stuck in a world without imagination. Got a monopol on possibilities, or what? You decide what could work and what not? Because you think our physic laws are the ultimate truth and not just our current interpretation of our environment, doesn't mean there isn't far more that could be, than your tiny brain allows you to hope for.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yeah and I say your stuck in a world without imagination. Got a monopol on possibilities, or what? You decide what could work and what not? Because you think our physic laws are the ultimate truth and not just our current interpretation of our environment, doesn't mean there isn't far more that could be, than your tiny brain allows you to hope for.
hahahaha I'm just playing with ya, its just I see this sorta bull crap all the time... How many times must people say the same exact sequences before they realize this isn't a creative idea anymore? How about this?

Aliens travel here backwards through time through our DNA.... And every time you poop.... No I'm gonna stop there...

I enjoy the idea of what if were the aliens .... Has a Stephen King sorta Twist to it.... Right? And they travel here through our ideas!!! And then when you go to the restroom.....aaahhhh no no no....

I just... I can't stop thinking of aliens in our bowel movements
I must be $h¡+ for brains

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

That's so f#ing funny, while you wrote this I was pooping. Coincidences, huh?
Anyhoo, it's not the most creative approach, can admit that, but still invading us, won't happen, and if, we wouldn't even notice.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Like someone stated before, all ET had to do is release 'human raid' into our atmosphere, wait til we are all dead, then clean up the mess afterwards, boom, instant colony planet.

I could however, see ET coming to use our planet as sort of depot, for a military expedition. if there is an interstellar war, and our system ends up somehow being on the front lines or just behind it, if these aliens breathed the same atmosphere we did, Earth would be an ideal staging area, with a convenient labor force to work the depot.
Of course, as the battle lines move, I could see earth being either abandoned or manned by a skeleton crew to keep the local populace in line.
I'm gunning for the second scenario as being the most plausible for First Contact.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If an Alien race decided to visit us & start attacking us, I think we would band together to fight a common enemy. I don't mean that the nations would be friendly towards each other, they would use their own weapons & tactics to fight whatever the threat was.
Some nations I feel would use it to their advantage maybe and throw the odd bomb in the other direction.

If an Alien race came down and try to befriend and help us, I think they would have a lot of resistance. We humans are a strange race. The planet is ours, & if we want to destroy it, we will.
I don't think we would accept their help in any way possible, they would be told to leave us to our own devices.

In my opinion, I would love to see another race come down and sort out the mess we are in at the moment. I find myself shaking my head at the corruption, death & general hate that humans show towards one another. I sometimes look at sky & hope they would come and bring change, before it's to late.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorTruth

Does anyone else think that this could be humanity's last ditch to effort to work together against a common enemy?

Perhaps but it would be too little too late.
If an Extraterrestrial species can travel here to attack us they could easily overwhelm us without having to set foot on the planet , we would stand no chance , we would be dinner.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorTruth

maybe we are already invaded... that's why we fight and kill each other. and maybe we are just pawns in their 'simulation' games

i imagine advanced alien could also use us as their FPS avatar... by 'controlling' our subconscious...like in Gamers (Gerard Butler).... giving pointers or feedbacks.. etc..
maybe....

peace

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hopefully they wipe us out before we have a chance to band together.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
That would probably be like an ant meeting a boot.

Would it be, though?

Many people are apt to believe that in, say, 5000 years from now, human exploration of the galaxy may be commonplace. If we humans 5000 years from now came across a alien race that is roughly at the same technological stage that we are today, would we really perceive them as nothing more than metaphorical ants?

If we (today) went back in time 5000 years, would we not recognize human civilization from 5000 years ago as being a civilization at all, and only perceive them as ants?

The answer is no, we wouldn't see them as ants; we would see them as a viable species with a viable civilization, albeit less technologically advanced. So why are we so convinced that another alien race would not be able to recognize our civilization today as a true civilization, even if we are not as technologically advanced?

edit on 1/4/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

More like Godzilla meets Bambi; however your point is valid.
There is no way of knowing if they would even recognize us as being self-aware, let alone a viable civilization.
If an invasion were to occur, it's highly probable that we'd be toast.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Aliens that advanced to travel the stars, why would they want to invade a polluted planet full of smelly little creatures that poop their own nest? what would they do with 7 billion of the grubby little things?(they breed like grass grinders)
(from an Alien point of view)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

DUN DUN DUNNN EXTERMINATION!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Aliens that advanced to travel the stars, why would they want to invade a polluted planet full of smelly little creatures that poop their own nest?

Resources like water and metals are plentiful in the Galaxy but maybe tasty soft bellied food is less so , we may well be seen as a tasty snack to distribute throughout the empire.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Come on, really? You wouldn't think they'd prefer something less toxic? Ever noticed how humans start to stink faster and nastier than any animal as soon as they're dead, or heated?
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: t

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They don't want to eat us, they just need our plastic.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Come on, really? You wouldn't think they'd prefer something less toxic?

I think it likely that that the prevalent species in the Galaxy would be reptilian or insectoid as they are far more resilient than mammals , we (mammals)may be a rarity and so possibly considered a delicacy.

If I were an Alien and given the choice of a juicy Human or one of the hard to peel insectoids from the planet Tharg for dinner I think I would choose the Human , easier to kill and no peeling required.

edit on 4-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But a lot of insects are in fact tasty, between nuts and shrimps, I heard. Also they aren't canivor in general, lots of vegetarians and # eaters amongst them. Just imagine an alien species that feeds on our excrement.... "We came to eat your poop. In exchange you may eat our deceased!"

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Hopefully they wipe us out before we have a chance to band together.

Yeah, heaven forbid we get together and start the second coming of the Beatles.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Aggressive aliens would have the technology to utterly destroy us from orbit hands down. They would destroy us without much effort and then take over our planet. We would have no way to survive. When alien tech can cloak their ships, turn on area microwave weapons that would fry any ones brain within hundreds of miles ,shut down power grids to disable electric communications and nuclear arsenals, use antigravity and teleportation to invade abduct and incapacitate us, how would we have a chance? Not to mention hunter killer nanobot swarms to kill us. Slavery would be stupid because they can create artificial robots as smart as humans to do whatever work they need. If they wanted to eat us nothing we do would matter we would be food. Our best chances are a race of benevolent advanced aliens wishing to guide us into a better world, end war, starvation and greed with technology as long as we agreed to their rules so we can go out into space and have fun exploring like we were meant to do. But the world bank and the elite would never give up their control over the planet. So we are where we are. I think Eisenhower had the chance to change the world in 47 when he met with aliens and told them no as opposed to embracing the future due to fear .

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Would it be, though?

Many people are apt to believe that in, say, 5000 years from now, human exploration of the galaxy may be commonplace. If we humans 5000 years from now came across a alien race that is roughly at the same technological stage that we are today, would we really perceive them as nothing more than metaphorical ants?

If we (today) went back in time 5000 years, would we not recognize human civilization from 5000 years ago as being a civilization at all, and only perceive them as ants?

The answer is no, we wouldn't see them as ants; we would see them as a viable species with a viable civilization, albeit less technologically advanced. So why are we so convinced that another alien race would not be able to recognize our civilization today as a true civilization, even if we are not as technologically advanced?

Instead of 5,000 try to imagine humanity in 5,000,000 or 5,000,000,00 years.

The chances of us meeting anyone only 5,000 years more advanced than us is tiny compared to millions or billions of years more.

I spelled this out already.

Earth is only 4.5 billion years old.

The Milky Way Galaxy which the Earth and our solar system are in is 12 billion years old.

Most stars in the Milky Way are between 5-9 billion years old.

So the chances are anyone we meet will have at LEAST a million year head start if not a billion.

Worth watching:

edit on 4-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join