It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens invaded the Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

I don't think there would be any single reason they need to invade a immature and warlike people(us) who already don't take care of their own.

If they'd want anything from us "the ants"? They would just take it. No fight. No resistance from us because we prob. couldn't anyway.

They'd be so far ahead of us they don't need our minerals, use us as slaves, breed with us or eat us...nothing they cant find and get anywhere else among the billions of other celestial places out there.

We are a small, blue backwater ball in a tiny corner of a gigantic, humongous, intensely LARGE place.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
there might be some aliens that would like to invade our planet but no I dont think that will happen anytime soon
maybe some small group visits and demonstrations of their abilities but not an invasion

A demonstration? That would be cool. Sort of give an airshow with alien craft? We wish…

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Why do invasions all ways have to be negative ?

Is there already enough wars going on in this world that we need an Et one as well.

I would first like to see a day that nobody on the planet gets killed if that is possible first and then we can invite the Et.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If a highly advanced E.T. race were to have to have an interstellar capability to invade Earth for resources, then why would they? Surely if able to travel faster than light, create worm hole etc. then they could also re-arrange atoms to form whatever elements they want making mining completely archaic or even useless to them. With current technology humans can make gold and diamonds in a lab, very, very, expensive and very slowly but the concept works.

A highly technological race would also be developed philosophically as well. Would they go from destination to destination to strip any resources possible and not be able to question why? Is that the best way to survive in the cosmos? I wouldn't worry about being dominated or enslaved by a hostile ET race. I would worry about being food or other natural resource for them though. GMO human thigh is probably not as good as the real thing.

But back on topic I doubt that an alien invasion would bring the humans together, if anything I believe even simple disclosure would bring the weirdest of the weirdoes out and those would offend or infuriate an intelligent race enough to wipe us out to protect everything else from us. How many people would go to them and say we are the greatest take those people out? How many would go on some ass-backward holy crusade against the "demons" and force them into hostilities? To many hypotheticals to deal with and without the simplest understanding of an actual Extraterrestrial race to go on.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Doesn't have to be an alien race with faster than light capability- robots travel just fine over 1000's of years and could present the same threat. Some say that the most likely form of alien contact is through artificially intelligent robots (in lack of evidence of faster than light travel). And robots, particularly artificially intelligent ones, would have need for resources that don't require a significant amount of energy to harvest.

To the point of the original poster, I'm sure the world would work together for a period of time until we were either defeated, or we repelled the threat. Then we would go back to killing each other. WW II didn't solve the worlds differences, though multiple nations worked together against a common enemy.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
INVADE, INVADE the humanoid virus down below, they are killing the planet. Invade, save the earth from destruction. The virus is getting bigger and out of control. The world down below is infected with material greed and the rape of the planet. Invade, invade, invade now.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: cloaked4u

I don't think there would be any single reason they need to invade a immature and warlike people(us) who already don't take care of their own.

If they'd want anything from us "the ants"? They would just take it. No fight. No resistance from us because we prob. couldn't anyway.

They'd be so far ahead of us they don't need our minerals, use us as slaves, breed with us or eat us...nothing they cant find and get anywhere else among the billions of other celestial places out there.

We are a small, blue backwater ball in a tiny corner of a gigantic, humongous, intensely LARGE place.

I don't think they want a dead planet either, their are plenty of those rocks out there. The alive planets take time to develope. You right tho, lots of mentally and physically challenged selfish ideological biggots with a self minded one tract attitude about themselves hell bent on CONTROLING one another.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There is no need to worry about aliens invading , well at least not in my case , well for a while at least . You see if they were to come first they would have to do the mandatory probings . Yes thats six billion individual probings . Why would they do that you ask , just ask any alien abductee and they will tell you that this is what aliens do . They grab you and then stick a finger up your date . Now i am sure there are those that might enjoy this and those that may consider this something to go to war over . However in my case being roughly in the middle of the projected life expectancy this means 3 billion before me . Long dead i would imagine .

Or they might turn earth into a black hole .

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorTruth What if, a race so advanced eventually invaded us, would you all think we would join forces against them? I feel like there will always be those humans who will make some sort of pact with them to eradicate the others, since we tend to be highly selfish beings. I won't lie, sometimes I do wish a crazy advanced race like Predators attacked us so we can finally get a dose of our own medicine. I guess what differentiates us from other animals is our ability to reason, and frankly, we are worse than other animals in many aspects. Just some food for thought for you all, let me know what you all think.

DoctorTruth

These aliens would be at the very least millions, perhaps billions of years more advanced than us. This is because our Earth and solar system are relatively young in the Milky Way galaxy. And we as a technological species are even younger. Based on pure chance anyone out there who can get here will have had a huge jump on us because most of the stars and planets in our galaxy are older than our own by billions of years.

So, if aliens invaded the Earth they would be so far ahead of us technology and otherwise that it would be over very quickly. It would not be like the sci-fi you've seen like Independence Day. There would be no great air battles etc.

It would be like you "invading" an anthill. Or Bambi vs Godzilla.

The good news is it is very unlikely such aliens would invade us because there would be nothing they could get here they couldn't get elsewhere, probably closer to them, for far less hassle.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
More likely any human / alien conflict would be started by humans ..

Meh .. anymore not my concern .. gotten tired of patching people up and burying the dead in war zones around the world .. will sit it out .. mix another drink .. go fishing and watch the tigers at the river ..

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorTruth
a reply to: lotusaugen

Well, I would think the earth would have many resources these foreign invaders could use.

They could get the same resources from plenty of other places throughout the galaxy probably closer to them, most of which would not be populated.

There are 40-100 BILLION planets like Earth in our Galaxy.

1 in 5 stars has a planet similar to Earth in an orbit where liquid water could exist

There are 100 Earthlike planets within 30 light-years of the Earth.

I mean, enslave us all,

Great 50s Sci-Fi but unlikely in reality.

Humans make pretty poor robots, not very durable, must be fed, die easily around radiation or without oxygen or at pressures too high or too low. Chances are the aliens already have better robots than we'd be. After all, we're already creating human-like robots, and the human form is probably not the best one for menial labor.

We only have 2 arms.

take our water

They wouldn't need to.

People not familiar with astronomy seem to not know that water is one of the most abundant things in the universe. It's one of the most common molecules since it is made up of 2 of the most common element (Hydrogen) and 1 of another very common element (Oxygen).

We detect water in interstellar clouds, dust and ice disks around young stars forming planets, being oozed out into space by moons like Jupiter's moons Europa and Saturn's moon, Enceladus and know by density that it makes up a large portion of Saturn's moon Titan. We know of minor planets in our solar system like Ceres which contain a lot of water and we know the cloud of comets surrounding our solar system (The Oort Cloud) contain water and is how our planet and other bodies in our solar system received theirs. We even know of exoplanets like GJ1214 b whose density is about the same as liquid water, meaning they are made up almost entirely of water!

Also by volume the Earth is a relatively dry place, even within our solar system. We think of it as a water world but most of the Earth is not water. It's sand. Water cover a large portion of the Earth's surface but its shallow compared to places like Europa which contains more water by volume than all of the oceans of Earth combined.

Here's a comparison of the amount of liquid water in our solar system.

As you can see there, water is not a precious commodity or resource.

trees

For what? To build wooden furniture for their wooden spaceships?

etc, and possibly exterminate us in the end once they are through with us.

Again, great sci-fi but about the only reason I could think of for aliens to be here in the first place would be BECAUSE we're here so why would they kill us off? It could be that sentient species are rare in the galaxy. So rare that it would be more likely that we'd be some sort of 'wildlife preserve' than any sort of threat to them that must be eliminated.
edit on 4-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
INVADE ANYWAYS, Humans love DRAMA.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If they are met with the many limitations the human race meets, I do not believe they advanced far enough to traverse intergalactically. Sure, were meant to attempt these obstacles and evolve as much as possible however that does not mean there's a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. Let's be realistic. We can hardly sustain life on this planet. We are met with new obstacles that exponentially worsen the farther we advance.

Yes, all we can do is try and to try we must believe it first. If you're an idealist. But what about the van Allen belt? And the many other invisible force fields out there? When can we just accept that we're stuck here, by ourselves, and be happy?

Why run from your problems? We've yet to master the earth.... Til then we are not meant to leave it nor is anyone meant to come here and help us out....in our livelihood or demise. This is our bed... Now lay in it!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakuninBut what about the van Allen belt?

Ask the astronauts who flew through it safely. It's not a death ray but its also not a place you want to spend a lot of time so they flew through it fast to and from the moon.

People have flown through it before and they soon will fly through it again. It's not magic, its spaceflight.

And the many other invisible force fields out there? When can we just accept that we're stuck here, by ourselves, and be happy?

Because we're not stuck here.

This is our bed... Now lay in it!

What if I told you that it is a scientific fact that "laying in bed" as you put it will eventually kill us all regardless of how careful we are?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: MikhailBakuninBut what about the van Allen belt?

Ask the astronauts who flew through it safely. It's not a death ray but its also not a place you want to spend a lot of time so they flew through it fast to and from the moon.

People have flown through it before and they soon will fly through it again. It's not magic, its spaceflight.

And the many other invisible force fields out there? When can we just accept that we're stuck here, by ourselves, and be happy?

Because we're not stuck here.

This is our bed... Now lay in it!

What if I told you that it is a scientific fact that "laying in bed" as you put it will eventually kill us all regardless of how careful we are?
what I mean to say is... Our existence as physical beings is our death sentence. Our bed is mortality, the devil is in the details... Down to our very skeletal structure. Life is not some Matthew mccaughney movie where we create makeshift gravity in a huge spaceship that harbors life and agriculture. Those are just movies. Yes, space travel is amazing and groundbreaking and living a star trek show is pretty awesome, I understand. But when we evolve in no gravity, we will lose our bone system. If you don't use it.... You lose it. Right? Think of the many complications that simple natural law brings to the table. Everything we've come to know would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.
edit on 4-1-2015 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorTruth

The only difference would be that they have accepted their ways, whereas we are in denial of our natures, and postulate that somehow there is an "evil" that is responsible for our destructive acts.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What's the rate of astronauts getting cancer at some point in their lives? Any of you daydreamers seen those grave statistics? Life outside of our ecosystem is unforgiving, unnatural, improbable, unhabitable. We were meant to die here.

The Space traveling man of the future is no longer man but a jellyfish type being.... Zero gravity means no skeletal system.... If were speaking reality. Now imagine a jellyfish zooming around in outter space going 7G's. Its borderline ridiculous to think beings can zip around like the Jetsons. Now, a highly advanced bacteria that kills an ecosystem on first contact....that sounds easier to grasp then intergalactic travelling bipedal skeletal based beings.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Invading us for resources and workforce doesn't work as someone already pointed out, we don't need our own workforce anymore, so...
Any intelligent alien raceS wouldn't have to get so close to us, we could fight back if they'd want to research and controll us, they could do so from a safe distance and we wouldn't even know from where or how it hits us.
Abductions and mutilitation are more likely your own government experimenting with you. As well as maybe almost all unexplained sightings are.
But I believe we are part of a humaoid race and similarities could be found with our long lost cousins, if we could get over our "need for safety". This is our Milky Way. Nobody would take that from us, because first step in securing endangered species is securing the habitat.
There is so very much space, we just got used to territorial fights, because on Earth it is restricted. Doesn't mean any stabile composission of to us yet unknown atoms, wouldn't have been through the same thing and are now aware of how stupid it is.
There could of course and probably also are hostile species, or nice species with a few rotten eggs. But the question is would mankind unite, if there was a threat from outside? No. We are not there yet, still too stuck in all the superstitious fake explanations what and who we are and what determines us as humans. There would be so so so many idiots calling the visitors gods and angels, or demons I couldn't agree with them, many others also. There won't be an invasion. There will be a few finding answers, but as a whole we won't get a personal meet and greet in person for everybody. Most people would just freak out too much... An intelligent humanistic race would know that, drop feed us the possibilties, but without touchable proof. Testing our moral approach, finding the trustworthy ones and start a side communication to support those looking for solutions and ignoring the doom-sayers. First step to being successfull: Assume you'll reach your goal. And our current and most important goal, the best we can hope for, helpwise from the outside: Don't nuke me! No WWWIII. And maybe finally cut the oil addiction.
For everything else we would be too inmature.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What an excellent discussion!

Of course the range of speculation in such conversations is almost without limit...

But I wonder; is it not somewhat presumptuous to think that we might be able to narrow down the reason for invasion to a strictly human concept of ownership and control?

Sadly, we often overlook several possibilities, which I figure is because they are so alien to our 'ken.'

What if these aliens are microscopic in size? Or perhaps gigantic beings (in which case we're probably going to end up as a tasty snack)? What if these aliens invading weren't even corporeal or physical in a sense which we can comprehend? How could we be able to divine their goal or cause for invading, if we are actually unaware of the aliens themselves?

Actually, I don't think it would be too far fetched to consider the invasion a 'fait accompli' and that it could have been so successful, and beyond our ability to perceive, that we didn't even realize it had happened.

Sort of along the lines of "the perfect prison has no walls." The prisoner is unaware of his status. Like cattle unaware of their inevitable fate as something to be consumed.

Mmmm... creepy....
edit on 4-1-2015 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Invading us for resources and workforce doesn't work as someone already pointed out, we don't need our own workforce anymore, so...
Any intelligent alien raceS wouldn't have to get so close to us, we could fight back if they'd want to research and controll us, they could do so from a safe distance and we wouldn't even know from where or how it hits us.
Abductions and mutilitation are more likely your own government experimenting with you. As well as maybe almost all unexplained sightings are.
But I believe we are part of a humaoid race and similarities could be found with our long lost cousins, if we could get over our "need for safety". This is our Milky Way. Nobody would take that from us, because first step in securing endangered species is securing the habitat.
There is so very much space, we just got used to territorial fights, because on Earth it is restricted. Doesn't mean any stabile composission of to us yet unknown atoms, wouldn't have been through the same thing and are now aware of how stupid it is.
There could of course and probably also are hostile species, or nice species with a few rotten eggs. But the question is would mankind unite, if there was a threat from outside? No. We are not there yet, still too stuck in all the superstitious fake explanations what and who we are and what determines us as humans. There would be so so so many idiots calling the visitors gods and angels, or demons I couldn't agree with them, many others also. There won't be an invasion. There will be a few finding answers, but as a whole we won't get a personal meet and greet in person for everybody. Most people would just freak out too much... An intelligent humanistic race would know that, drop feed us the possibilties, but without touchable proof. Testing our moral approach, finding the trustworthy ones and start a side communication to support those looking for solutions and ignoring the doom-sayers. First step to being successfull: Assume you'll reach your goal. And our current and most important goal, the best we can hope for, helpwise from the outside: Don't nuke me! No WWWIII. And maybe finally cut the oil addiction.
For everything else we would be too inmature.
highly implausible on many grounds... Any type of theoretical alien/human social jargon is completely star wars meets Shakespeare paralleling xmen comics.... " well let's see.... Cyclops won't eat out jean because he might blast her with his raygun eyeballs".... Its completely absurd. Okay? Any type of physical being cannot even survive anything with a warp drive. Unless you like the idea of your eyeballs having intercourse with your brain. A new meaning to fcking your brains out, huh? Hahanaha

Anyways... From a sci-fi survival horror standpoint it sounds pretty awesome if you're into unoriginal washed up ideas that predates the mesozoic era. Really.... Its good!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join