It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops says "What are you going to do if I violate his rights??"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In the video I came across on youtube today, thought I would share it.

The video appears to be two kids recording another kid who was stopped by police (doesn't matter just laying the setting). One of the cops on scene sitting in his patrol car says what are you doing? One of the kids recording says, "making sure he's not violating his rights", the cop who then steps out of his patrol car confidently and says "what are you going to do if I violate his rights?", then realizes - "OH CRAP, A CAMERA!" and gets back in his car immediately. The rest of the video his just these kids harassing the officers beyond necessary in my opinion, some may disagree. But I just thought to myself, now why is it that departments are allowing police officers like this gentleman who think it's all fun and games with peoples rights!?? WTF!? Tell me what you think..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, the best thing I take away from this is the youth learning to always film the police.

That's a lesson they ALL need to learn from here on in.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Lucky those cops didnt just execute them at the side of the road.

OBEY OR DIE.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

I truthfully think all cops should show up at the station so they get their pay check then just stay there and let everyone take care of problems their self. Have the people wish they were back on their jobs, instead of bitching about the job they are doing.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: catt3

Let us police our own neighborhoods and I'm all for it. Right now, if I try, I would get a book of laws thrown at me.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I hope the police take it on the chin and realize they need to be watched closely for the next little while. Their reaction to persecution is going to decide if this gets any better or a lot worse.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: catt3

I truthfully think all cops should show up at the station so they get their pay check then just stay there and let everyone take care of problems their self. Have the people wish they were back on their jobs, instead of bitching about the job they are doing.

In the long term, I think the results would be a code of conduct among the people that is far more peaceful than what we have today. No doubt it would be a rough start though.
edit on 3-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Some cops may believe they are the law just like the Judge Dred movies, some may believe only the cameras saved that guy from getting his rights abused. Why on earth would a law abiding police officer say to a minor/kid, "What are you going to do if I violate your rights?"

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Some cops may believe they are the law just like the Judge Dred movies, some may believe only the cameras saved that guy from getting his rights abused. Why on earth would a law abiding police officer say to a minor/kid, "What are you going to do if I violate your rights?"

That's absolutely right. The correct response from any half decent officer would have been "i have no intention of violating anybodies rights" !
This guy is just a douchebag.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Time to fire another cop. Until the cops start behaving civilly, any slight infraction by the cops needs to be punished severely.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Actually, that's a great idea. Have the cops stay at the station and if necessary, later, after the crime, send out detectives to collect information.

Think of all the Law and Order type victimless crimes that would go unpunished? Dogs and cats, sleeping together, people running around unsupervised.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I agree it was a stupid response by the officer.

I never have had an issue with anyone filming me.

When I see someone doing so I usually just ask them to make sure they get my good side and give them a thumbs up.

Being filmed should not be a big deal. I know it isn't to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The police, judges, and system in Texas play by different rules than the rest of America. Its the Texas good 'ol boy above-the-law mentality and they are extremely corrupt there. Texas operates like a whole different country while claiming to be pro-Constitutional rights, but when it matters, its only about the rights of those in the good-ol-boy club and also the wealthy down there.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Well, the best thing I take away from this is the youth learning to always film the police.

That's a lesson they ALL need to learn from here on in.

Peace

Sound advice. Though it won't be long till police simply start mistaking cameras for guns and justifiably kill anyone they see fit.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Or maybe they should actually care about people's Constitutional rights.

top topics

join