It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milabs

page: 1

join
share:
PKD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i can't seem to find this book anywhere, and when i had a clerk at my local bookstore look it up, he noted that he'd have to order it specially, and that it was priced at $238.00 for a paperback.
I find this rahter strange, and i suspect that all the copies may have been conveniently bought out by an unknown source. as i am hesitant to order it through the mail system, and or call the publisher in the United States.
www.maar.us...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Try here :

cgi.ebay.com...

www.amazon.co.uk...

Just a bit less than $238.00.
It looks like a limited-printing book that would be almost impossible to find at a local source. Mail would probably be the only way to go.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Just a bit less than $238.00.
It looks like a limited-printing book that would be almost impossible to find at a local source. Mail would probably be the only way to go.

look at this tho.
www.amazon.com...=1102994534/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9996722-8339340?v=glance&s=books
same site, only the U.S. version. the UK one is about 12 pounds, and thats about 24 bucks i think? but the US version is 200$!! and the proces go up! one is even going for 330$. Can u please explain this, anyone??

PKD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the fact that this book is the subject of some very disturbing and contreversial information already makes it somewhat cryptic, but the thing that has me wondering, is why is it costing so much? The book is only a month or two old. Is there some reason that the publisher in Georgia cannot just reprint it? I really would like to read it, but somehow i don't think thats going to be possible.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Apparently the cost of this book is because the guy who wrote it self-publishes it to keep information from being taken out.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
yea i see why the book is so expensive, but then when u see the ebay site, and then the uk amazon, u see it for about 20 bucks. so even if the author self-publishes, why would one of his books be so cheap?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The author may self publish it, but that would not account for the astronomical cost.

Im very curious why this book is only priced so high in the US...................... someone should email amazon and find out!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Tried contact IllumiNet Press (the book pubblisher) to get some details about the startling difference in price or, at least, the original cover price, but all of their contacts doesn't seem to work anymore. Their books usually have affordable cover prices, so I strongly suspect this is an out of print but very requested book. If you know the book market like I do, you'll know that a very sought after book reaches ridiculous prices in a very short time, very often immediately after the pubblisher announces its stocks are over. I'll do a little bit of research in the field ASAP, perhaps I can find a better deal.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Part of why it's so expensive in the US may be because the author apparently writes mostly in german; I've got access to one of the world's bigger libraries, and here are the relevant records:

Author: Lammer, Helmut.
Title: Verdeckte Operationen :�milit�rische Verwicklungen in UFO-Entf�hrungen /�Helmut Lammer, Marion Lammer ; Vorw.: Katharina Wilson, Leah Haley.
Edition: Taschenbucherstausg.
Published: M�nchen :�Heyne,�2000.

Title: UFO-Nahbegegnungen :�unidentifizierbare Flugobjekte hinterlassen Spuren: milit�rische Begegnungen, physikalische Effekte, Radarsignale, Video- und Fotoanalysen /�Helmut Lammer, Oliver Sidla ; Vorwort, Jacques Vall�e.
Published: M�nchen :�Herbig,�c1996.

Title: Wendepunkt 2000 :�Leben im neuen Millenium.
Published: Schleusingen :�AMUN,�2000.

and nothing in English. Two out of those are still on-order. It's easier to negotiate publishing rights between EU countries than it is between EU and the US if you're operating out of the EU, so part of the reasons for the English-language book's US rarity may be an outgrowth of that difficulty.

I'm happy to check out whichever of these I can get access to -- at least one of them's already in stock -- but b/c I don't read german I'm not sure how much I'll be able to figure out.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
addendum:

here's a link to what looks like an extended summary of the milabs book:

members.aol.com...

which has this contact info for Dr. Lammer:

Dr. Helmut Lammer
Postfach 76
A-8600 Bruck/Mur
Austria

Dr. Lammer has a Ph.D. in Geophysics and works at the Austrian
Space Research Institute as a research scientist on various space
projects like the forthcomming Mars Global Surveyor mission. He researches
UFO and related phenomena during his freetime and wrote tree books related
to the topic. He is the Austrian representative for the Mutual
UFO Network (MUFON) and an associate member of the Society for Scientific
exploration (SSE).

Books by Dr. Lammer: UFO Geheimhaltung (UFO Secrecy), Herbig Munich, 1995.
UFO Nahbegegnungen (UFO Close Encounters),
Herbig Munich, 1996.
Verdeckte Operationen (Covert Operations),
Herbig Munich, 1997.

which allows me to find this email address: [email protected]

and this for his school address:

Dr Helmut Lammer
Space Research Institute
Dept. for Extraterrestrial Physics
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Scmiedlstr. 6
A-8042 Graz