It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British nurse with Ebola in critical condition - hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

(Reuters) - A British nurse being treated for Ebola in London is in critical condition after deteriorating over the last two days, her hospital said on Saturday.

The Royal Free Hospital has been treating Pauline Cafferkey, 39, with blood plasma from an Ebola survivor and an experimental anti-viral drug. She was diagnosed with Ebola on Monday after returning to Britain late on Sunday from Sierra Leone, where she had been working for the charity Save the Children at a treatment centre outside the capital, Freetown.

uk.reuters.com...

I hope she pulls through soon

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You may not like this but she's an idiot !
She goes to save people and could of wiped out a nation .
She should get sent back .

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I hope so too, these cases will crop up once in a while...didn't see any follow up to the latest one I started a thread on, but that is a different story....hope she makes though, what a horrible disease.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

I hope nothing ever happens in the UK so that you need international help and your attitude is the attitude of the whole of the world. Then you all deserve to die out

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
She knew the job was dangerous and she took it.

Hats off.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604

originally posted by: Denoli

I hope nothing ever happens in the UK so that you need international help and your attitude is the attitude of the whole of the world. Then you all deserve to die out

No ! If you do something do it right !
And if it spread all over the uk would she still be a hero !
I admire her going to help but really it's not helping is it ?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Can someone with in-depth/local knowledge on this please chime in? Were the people in the same flights as the nurse all contacted? Any signs of contracting Ebola themselves?

I am worried; coming from me located 1000's of km's away this sounds odd
But I have a pretty close relative coming back to their home town in a couple of days. The "fun" part is they're taking a bus in Glasgow and travelling to the other side of Europe with it. All the while breathing the same air as other Glasgow (and surrounding Scotland) visitors, sharing the same gas station bathrooms, food&drinks ect.

Should I be worried & impose a "quarantine" on them not visiting us for at least a couple of weeks? Last I checked, there were no signs of illnesses (not even a cold), but they went to pubs, clubs, tourist spots, Asda's and Tesco's ect.

Your opinions will be appreciated; thank you!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I thought there was a quarantine in place for people traveling from Sierra Leone?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli
Wiped out a nation? Really?
The UK couldn't keep control on one nurse?
They were saying the same thing in the states and two months later here we are.
I'm sure the same will hold true for London and the rest of England.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good new she's pulled through and made a full recovery.

uk.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - A British nurse who had been critically ill with Ebola after working in Sierra Leone has been discharged from a London hospital after making a full recovery. Pauline Cafferkey was admitted to the Royal Free Hospital in north London on Dec. 30 after falling ill on her return from Sierra Leone, where she had been working for the charity Save the Children at a treatment centre outside the capital, Freetown.

Cafferkey was the first person to have been diagnosed with Ebola on British soil. "I am just happy to be alive," she said in a statement released via the hospital. "I still don’t feel 100 percent, I feel quite weak, but I'm looking forward to going home. I want to say a big thank you to the staff who treated me - they were amazing." The Royal Free, Britain's main centre for Ebola cases, also successfully treated British aid worker William Pooley who contracted the virus in West Africa.

new topics

top topics

join