It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Didn't Die For Your Sins to be Forgiven

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 5
1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
We are not justified by the Law, as in the old written law of the Book of Moses.
We are made right by following the law of faith, that is the new covenant of the spirit "writing" the law on our hearts.

Romans 10
9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
As opposed to the male body part being what saves us by being circumcised.

Romans 4
5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.
God makes the ungodly "right" by making them godly. God does not take bad people and just leave them that way, and then say that they are good. "Their faith" is doing God's will outside of what is written in old, dusty laws in books.

What you are complaining about is not really Paul, but what people say while taking Paul out of context and deliberately misinterpreting him.
edit on 14-1-2015 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Jesus didn't give up because people didn't listen to him. If not for me then explain it for others who may be reading this thread. What did Paul mean by saying love is greater than faith?

Not giving up, just not interested in having to, explain to you something that a simple reading exercise will do.

I will say this to those who are reading along, you are better served if you spend a little time and look up the biblical context your self. Test for yourself what is being claimed by both Enlight and I. I could post a bunch of verse out of context to prove my point too.

The contradiction is as clear as day, you're doing some impressive mental gymnastics to ignore it. Your heart is hard, you are not open to love, only faith.

If reading qualifies as mental gymnastic then sign me up for the Olympics. You deflect to cover that which you are doing yourself.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Telling people to read the bible themselves doesn't really accomplish anything though. A hundred people can read it and come out with a hundred different interpretation.

Surely God could do better than this?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It looks to me that in order for a Christian to believe God is involved in something, it HAS to be bloody impossible. Miracles can't be anything other than God intervening. Alternately one could suspect ignorance would be much more involved. In 131 302 BC fire was a miracle. They worshipped it like a god. Since our brains are still the same as they were back then I don't find it strange that reports of someone walking across a lake would likely make people come to the conclusion that some impossible God with wings carrying the guy over, or beaming him over from his throne in the sky covered in clouds and lightning. I've walked across tons of lakes in my life. Does that mean God made it possible? Well in a way God is the one to thank for the dynamics of water and it's different states and ironic stuff like how frozen water floats on top of running water. If you believe in God that is....
edit on 16-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ..............

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I just think an omnipotent, all-knowing, all-powerful god would be able to do one better than using men as an intermediary through books that can be interpreted in thousands of different ways.

Why doesn't he make himself known now instead of thousands of years ago through written word? Well, he does, he just doesn't reveal himself to Christians (and Jews, Hindus, Muslims, etc.) because they believe in a false version of him.

The light (truth) is what we see at this very moment, it is the real truth and light. Words on paper are nothing compared to what is going on right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

It looks to me that in order for a Christian to believe God is involved in something, it HAS to be bloody impossible. Miracles can't be anything other than God intervening. Alternately one could suspect ignorance would be much more involved. In 131 302 BC fire was a miracle. They worshipped it like a god. Since our brains are still the same as they were back then I don't find it strange that reports of someone walking across a lake would likely make people come to the conclusion that some impossible God with wings carrying the guy over, or beaming him over from his throne in the sky covered in clouds and lightning. I've walked across tons of lakes in my life. Does that mean God made it possible? Well in a way God is the one to thank for the dynamics of water and it's different states and ironic stuff like how frozen water floats on top of running water. If you believe in God that is....

Science is still trying to find the 'animating particle'; according to new findings "ITS INVISIBLE WE CAN NOT SEE IT" and think there are twin particles blinking in and out that are Bosun related. We should not exist at all as a complex animated matter form (subatomic particles yes). I think the whole 'god with wings, beaming aspects' represent 15th century paintings; depictions of SPACESHIPS filled with 'watchers' (were you not aware exist)? Tons of lakes walked upon by YOU; no you were wearing ice skates or snow shoes (if actually walking). Science will not figure out an equation for the God animating particle because it owns the venue of ITS OWN INSPECTION and will never give it up to theoretical physics (hard science maybe given a hint; if they open a soup kitchen). Main point is God is in charge and if wants to be found will allow it OR NOT; yet gives us hints as to where to find it, within oneself.
edit on 16-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The part you fail to grasp? IF God appeared before Man (again), the same thing would happen that happened last time, we would take Him for granted. Sure there would be a revival like the World has never seen, but after a few weeks? Business as usual. Satan would whisper in people's ears, and in short order, it would be 'public knowledge' that not only was that NOT GOD, but it was actually just a mass hallucination. In short, all that you propose has been tried, and yet humanity continues on in ignorance, claiming that it was all made up, it never occurred.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

It happens all the time, a lot more than you may realize. Jesus is here today, just not in the form you may believe in. He is the image, I see an image right now as I type. Yeah, he's definitely here.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join