It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Didn't Die For Your Sins to be Forgiven

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You must loose your life, this worldly life is what this means..dying to self and this world, in order to overcome this world...

In other words, be willing to walk away from those things HE tells you to walk away from! You cannot keep Jesus and keep your hate or other sins... there cannot be two masters..

and in first Peter it says HE, not I..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

What have Jesus' wounds healed exactly? The world is in worse condition today than ever before and things seem to only be getting worse.

Could it be that Jesus' supposed second coming has caused people to sit on their hands instead of taking action themselves?

If someone tells you an exterminator is coming, do you go ahead and take action yourself to kill the rats or do you wait on that exterminator to get to your house to do it for you?

Now imagine you don't know when the exterminator will come, only that it will be "soon". This is an analogy that applies to the second coming, we have been waiting for the exterminator who hasn't shown up yet and in the meantime rats have infested every part of our house and still no word from the exterminator.

The bible is the rat, Jesus is the exterminator. The rats conspired to get you to wait on an exterminator that will never come.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split.

The significance of the veil (curtain), and Jesus saying it is finished, is that the veil is what separated the place of God's presence in the temple from the place where man dwelt.

In Jesus death, we are no longer behind the veil of sin when we die the death to this world. We go under Jesus' tear, and are then able to walk away from our sins, and have our place back with God, the relationship with God that we were created to have in the first place.

Revelation is a warning to us all, to become over comers (the messages to the churches).. people ignore that, because they don't want to give up this world.

edit on 6-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think it works better to substitute the word "life" with the word "ego". Loosing ones ego can lead to a terrifying crisis, unless it's deliberately "let go".

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

You must loose your life, this worldly life is what this means..dying to self and this world, in order to overcome this world...

In other words, be willing to walk away from those things HE tells you to walk away from! You cannot keep Jesus and keep your hate or other sins... there cannot be two masters..

and in first Peter it says HE, not I..

Did he tell you to not keep the company of sinners?

Did he tell you that women are inferior to men?

How does one "die to self and this world" as you put it?

Funny you say there can not be two masters, because the two men you're speaking of say different things...

So who is your master brother?

Are you the A typical Christian... a follower of Paul

or do you choose HIM?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

lol that is a slightly twisted analogy but I like it

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So if works are needed as evidence for Christ in you then faith is not enough and you have contradicted yourself.

Faith without works is dead meaning faith alone is not enough, works are a requirement otherwise your faith is dead.

If good works are evidence of faith then what are good works evidence of for those who do not have any faith at all?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

My master and my teacher is Jesus the Christ, whose Spirit is inside of me and teaches me all things.

When I explain what I have been taught, I use my own words. When I quote the bible to explain from the bible, I quote from all sources.

It is simply that I think Paul explains the same thing quite well. Besides, HE told me I am like Paul, both Jew and Gentile so maybe that is why I have an easy time understanding him when no one else, you included, seems to!

You cannot take one sentence and think it stands alone.. all of it works together.. all of it is true.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Faith is enough to get where you need to be.. to die to this world. Love of Christ does the rest, and the Spirit of Christ, HIS Holy Spirit, inside of you..

the rest is simply natural. If HE tells me do a thing, I do that thing out of love... I don't think of myself. Works isn't something I have to puzzle over.. its natural. He says do, so I do.

link   

Well, this is getting old, but it still rings true: Having personally gone through the exact same surgical procedure as Jesus did on Calvary, twice, I can truly say I received healing from his wound. As I passed out gasping for air, I was first relieved by a catheter at the ER letting out the air, while later on a surgeon cut into my chest with a knife draining it for hemothorax or 'blood mingled with water' as the Gospel states, and I could finally breathe normally again. Roman legionaries were well familiar with this procedure, and were depending on it daily in the field, where punctured and collapsed lungs were common as war was fought with sheer manpower and endurance with sharp and pointy arms and arrows. Had not the legionaries had this knowledge, Rome would not have had the success they had. Instead of waiting to burying a wounded soldier, you could heal the potentially deadly wound and have him back in line in three days, fighting like a new man, by using the same weapon that made his bane-- as a surgical instrument instead.

If you want more details on exactly what kind of healing we received from our Lord's wounds, click in to the thread below and scroll down to see a vid of how this treatment would be applied today:

==> www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The how does 'Jesus dying on the cross actually save sins' premise i ask of every devout xian I know. This includes my mom, my dear friend who is a priest, friends etc and I never ask it to get into an Argument but to see if anyone can actually answer the question without the reasoning's of faith to support their answer. I am yet to get a reasonable explanation.

Simple. Jesus died for our sins, God sent Jesus to die for our sins so the connection we lost with the fall of Adam and Eve could be re connected in whole again at the wedding of the lamb. Look at it like this. God did already forgive our sins, and manifested that by sending Jesus Christ to the earth to die for our sins. People then say if my sins are already forgiven what do I need Jesus for then? Well if Jesus died for our sins and we don't accept that we erase that blessing God gave to us. Without Jesus that is the second death because we turned from the son and the father. An example, At the food store a 12 pack of cokes cost 4.95 and 3.45 with your member's card. Now we know the price is 3.45 but if you don't show your member card you don't get that special price. Same thing with God, we know Jesus died for our sins and if we don't accept him then we don't get in at that special price(heaven and ever-lasting life) it's that simple.

Hope this helps and God Bless

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

My master and my teacher is Jesus the Christ, whose Spirit is inside of me and teaches me all things.

When I explain what I have been taught, I use my own words. When I quote the bible to explain from the bible, I quote from all sources.

It is simply that I think Paul explains the same thing quite well. Besides, HE told me I am like Paul, both Jew and Gentile so maybe that is why I have an easy time understanding him when no one else, you included, seems to!

You cannot take one sentence and think it stands alone.. all of it works together.. all of it is true.

No all of it is not true... and you didn't answer my questions

Claiming I don't understand Paul just because I disagree with him only shows you to be the typical Christian... that is the usual explanation I get

Its lovely that you're a new Christian... but try not to be like the majority of them... Its nothing to be proud of honestly

Don't turn into a fundamentalist for Gods sake... that seems to be the direction your headed though sadly

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I am turning into exactly what HE wants me to. HE is teaching me.. not a man. And I am proud to be a follower of Christ because it Glorifies HIM. It shows that HIS promises are true, and not just for a time dead and past, but for today.

Plus, you should know, not everyone who calls them-self a thing really is that thing either. But I am giving my all to HIM every single day - in the manner HE is teaching me.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

How can you walk away from sin when it is unavoidable and an integral part of our humanity and a daily occurrence?

1 John 3
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Those who are born of God do not continue to sin, it says it right there. Why then do Christians readily admit that they are sinners and continue to sin even after supposedly being born again?

John 8
11 "No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."

Why would Jesus instruct the adultress to sin no more if sin is inherent to the human condition?
edit on 1/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

The how does 'Jesus dying on the cross actually save sins' premise i ask of every devout xian I know.

The answer is simple actually...

They believe Jesus is the sacrificial lamb... Which was originally something that happened in the OT...

They would find a lamb without blemish (sinless)... Slit its throat, and let the blood spill on the ground... Which pleased this so called god... for which he forgave their sins...

The only reason this pleased this god is because he/she/it, loves blood... the evidence of which is all through out the books of the OT...

In reality... blood does not forgive sin...

The idea comes from the Hebrew/Jews (or whatever you want to call them back then)... They believed that the source of all life is found in the blood... even the spirit of a man... Thus and eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... One life for another... You piss off this god or break his rules... he wants your life, but he/she/it will gladly take another life in place of your own...

Its pure Nonsense... And by the way...

That... was... NOT... GOD...

They didn't know the true God until Jesus came... and even after he was executed, they returned to the ways of old with Jesus as their lamb... So most of the "followers" of God still don't have a clue...

But people are waking up

edit on 6-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I am turning into exactly what HE wants me to. HE is teaching me.. not a man. And I am proud to be a follower of Christ because it Glorifies HIM. It shows that HIS promises are true, and not just for a time dead and past, but for today.

Plus, you should know, not everyone who calls them-self a thing really is that thing either. But I am giving my all to HIM every single day - in the manner HE is teaching me.

Well my friend

I hope the best for you...

I am not one to push those that will not listen

edit on 6-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So what are good works evidence for with someone who does not believe? There are atheists who do tons of community service and help those in need yet they have no belief in Jesus or God. What is their good work evidence for if not in Jesus' sacrifice?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why would Jesus instruct the adultress to sin no more if sin is inherent to the human conditi?

paul gave them the golden ticket to sin... All their sins are washed away by the blood of their saviour, past, present, and future

Didn't you get the memo?

link   

I do not know why Christians do what they do. All I can do is speak for myself. So lets start with that premise.

After I was saved the Holy Spirit was telling me so many things. My body is HIS temple, do not allow it to be defiled and many other things.. well.. I started getting very worried about what I could and could not do, about making a mistake and doing the wrong thing or saying the wrong thing when HE told me to speak of these things.

It started to scare me a lot.. and what HE told me is that HE trusts me, that I will make mistakes, but HE will forgive me them, that HE loves me and is not mean.

I am very careful still, but not as scared now. I don't know if that means I will sin, or not.. HE said mistake.. not sin..

link   
The Bible: Rewritten & retranslated since whoeven#ingknows BC.

The real Sin is long term conditioning & unabashed ignorance.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join