It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Didn't Die For Your Sins to be Forgiven

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It is obvious that he is pointing out that the bible is hypocritical by saying in one area that the only way for forgiveness is through christ and in another area that the only way to forgiveness is to forgive others.

Your name calling shows you have no valid point to make.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Some might perhaps say you're talking nonsense, I'd say fair enough however, but you are in shallow waters, and the cliffs are awfully close to be poetic. Navigating through the stormy reefs of twisted semantics and spurious cognates is schizo-pizza-land, it twists your cognitive programming and things can get really dirty. Language, including neuro-kinestetic cognitive programming and autonomous neurological behaviour patterns (phiew)-- is at the very base of any magical system. Just saying. You wouldn't wanna go too far into that minefield. Like old Angus says (or rather screams) "It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock'n'roll"....
edit on 4-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: phiew

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: craig732

Please you have no idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Naaah I am not saying that. In no way did i say that cookie. If it helps you think more highly of your choices, then go for it.

I am saying as I posted above, not as you rewrote it. Nothing more nor less.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Sorry the appropriated metaphor Zazz. I'd love to stay
and entertain you some more but I must flee this
Pterasuars nest.

Till later madaum.
edit on Rpm10415v59201500000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Calling me an **** doesn't help your case about Jesus dying on a cross saving sins and making peoples faces change in a video much I'm afraid.
Flee flee my friend. Til next time King Tut.

edit on 4-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Now I've gone and done it. Zazz please forgive the typo,
I assure you that's all it was. I've made the correction and
acknowledge the hurried error.

Forgiveness please? I would never make such an unprovoked
attack. Truly embarrased.

Help! help Mr. Wizard!

Sincerely
edit on Rpm10415v05201500000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Forgiveness please?

Always.
OffTopic gfit for you :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Please thank you ! I'm late !

edit on Rpm10415v072015u50 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Over here we have junkyards called " Pick a part".

This one person dying in obscurity. And still has this effect
on human beings evrywhere. Except for those who must
be lacking something. No other name can transform people
like Jesus Christ. True or not?

that's true Randy, I'll never understand why the people love to pick apart Christianity more than any other religion, on this forum.

Comes with the territory I guess

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well I personally enjoy picking apart all religion. I'm not racist. This thread is about Christianity so ummm it's what is being "picked apart"

Well, tbh I don't enjoy it, I am bit bored with all. Have actually questioned why I bothered involvement in religious debate in the last week or so.
Anyhoo.

ETA: I do think you are correct to an extent, but i think I can answer that. In reality people on this forum are more comfortable with addressing Christianity, as it is what is most open to them in terms of understanding it or having been exposed to it. The Koran is in Arabic, Buddhism well that is also very foreign, Christianity is an Anglicised religion that the majority of posters here have had exposure to.
Its kinda like I will talk more about Cricket than baseball, as thats what I know more about.

edit on 4-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Any way you guys twist it, the part about how «the Messiah of the Scribes» had to be sacrificed and that the blood from the crucifixion atones for sin is all wickedly upside down. The Christians translate the execution of this Jesus Christ into salvation and remission of sins, all with reference to Isaiah 53:5 where «the Messiah of the Scribes» AKA «the Suffering Servant» -- «was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace». What Isaiah says here is that this «suffering servant» was killed because of our sins. That we set him up and chastised him, and falsely so-- to get peace. Isaiah 53 is an apologetic confession about how Jesus was a patsy, because of the inadequacy of the prophets and scribes. Ironic that exactly that chapter is used to defend the «divine human sacrifice doctrine». Anathema! Maranata!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Christian doctrine of forgiveness is not logical or practical.If you commit a crime and get caught and at your trial your plea is “I forgive(pardon) my neighbor for committing a crime against me” I am positive you won’t (and shouldn’t)be pardoned for your crime.That type of forgiveness is ludicrous logic and unethical.The fact is people that believe that type of forgiveness are not remorseful for what they did but for getting caught.

Fortunately that is not what Yahoshua said at all.The fact is undeniable …everyone is and will be 100% accountable and pay the last penny(consequences) for all their guilt because none are getting pardoned for anything they have done.

To dwell on morals and ethics is to have none.If a person has to be compelled by law(or to be taught) to be moral or ethical then the law is COMPLETELY necessary to protect others from them.That is the basis of the “theory” of our justice system.

Only people that are law breakers ever think about forgiveness and punishment.The creator God is not interested in those things in the least.It is ludicrous to believe the creator God is Santa Claus making a list and checking it twice to keep track of who’s been naughty or nice.Most religious people for the majority of their life's are continuously dwelling on petty issues and are writing a check list of who and what doesn’t agree with their “coveted religion”. Their God is their Law nothing more.

As long as a person believes the false piety of being forgiven is pardoning others of their guilt so they will be pardoned is still not forgiven (freed from the bondage of their religion).That false construct of religion is the vicious cycle of all vicious cycles and will consume the person whole until there is nothing left but an empty hole.

edit on 4-1-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
a reply to: windword

Even as a Christian I have to admit, I have always found the concept of Christ's forgiveness confusing as well.
I believe he really did die for the world's sins, but I'm very confused why there seem to be so many following mandates in order to MAKE that forgiveness applicable in our lives.

Example.. If we are covered by the blood and believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, came in the flesh, died for our sins, and rose again.. I always believed that would be enough to get you into heaven. But It seems like many traditions and interpretations, and troubling verses imply that it's more than that. And the " once saved/always saved theory isn't valid.

Only God knows...

I really like your way of thinking about it. Questioning is not a sin.

I asked those very questions myself exactly a decade ago.
The last thing I did was make a "dare" to myself, What if I wake up tomorrow and forget religion and keep living. The earth didn't reach up and swallow me, I just slept better every night since.

edit on 4-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: rambling

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: randyvs

Over here we have junkyards called " Pick a part".

This one person dying in obscurity. And still has this effect
on human beings evrywhere. Except for those who must
be lacking something. No other name can transform people
like Jesus Christ. True or not?

that's true Randy, I'll never understand why the people love to pick apart Christianity more than any other religion, on this forum.

Comes with the territory I guess

Abovetopsecret.com is an english website that was created in the US. I would bet that the majority of traffic to this site consists of people from various western cultures.

That means that, spiritually speaking, the majority of us here have been directly impacted by Christianity, because Christianity was--and really still is--the predominant religious teaching of western civilization.

Since we have been directly impacted by it, we have an emotional tie to it, just like to democracy or Shakespeare. Hence certain topics are discussed more here.

Go hang-out on website forums from other countries, like middle eastern countries. The predominant religious discussion there will center around Islam. Or Indian forums where the religious topic will be predominantly Hindu.

Christianity is not special. It is simply deeply rooted in our culture. If I had grown up in major Islamic countries, I would be picking apart the logic of the Quran, but I did not, so I do not have any interest in it.

It really is that simple.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

If the body is healed, and you do not forgive, you will, in turn, with your grievance, damage the body when your grievance is imaged/formed into the body.

Also, blood scabs over and helps heals the body, it doesn't just cover it like animal skins or fig leaves.

If you were to be allowed to hold grudges for eternity, you would ruin us all.

No one is asking you to forget, just forgive.
edit on 1/4/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have questioned, many things regarding the Bible and religion, not the reason for christ death and resurrection, oh wait not true, I have looked into certain myths

Last night i was singing the old rugged cross in my sleep, I was off key,

god bless

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I enjoy learning new twist, and have studied many faiths, I am at the point I want to back off out of respect for forum members, unless it is legitimate study, that's different.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yes I find the same thing, It IS hard to post in Religion as people may be offended, people who are you friends around the boards. It is a dicey subject. I always remember they are my friends or someone i respect if they yell at me or is angry at what I said as they disagree.

I was furious with a college professor who opened me up to asking the 'nature versus nurture' question. I went away and thought on it for years after actually verbally arguing with him. After about 10 years of relearning what I had been told I should believe on identity and self and social structures.
I finally sent him some Verve champagne and a thank you card. I don't think he had any clue who I was or what the Champers was for!

Someone I disagree with here, I promise to think on what they say , and hope they do the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 15:3New King James Version (NKJV)

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures

www.biblegateway.com...:3

There it is, in the Bible, plain as day.

Who am I going to believe? OP? Or the Holy Word of God.

Thread debunked...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join