It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Democrat could win POTUS in 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Edumakated

He damn sure threw the black voters under the bus to kiss the illegals' rears.

A professional carpetbagger to say the least.

The black community in general isn't politically savvy enough to realize that is what happened. The biggest mistake black folks made was giving 95% of their vote to Democrats. The Democrats know they will get the vote regardless and the Republicans know black issues don't matter since they won't vote for them. The end result is black people have zero political power now. The Democrats basically are ignoring blacks for LBGTs and Hispanics now. Blacks also take a back seat to Union politics.

When you examine a lot of the progressive issues, it is a scientific wonder how blacks continue to vote for Democrats as the actual policies are almost always the opposite of what blacks want.

Education? Democrats shut down school choice and keep blacks stuck in poor performing urban schools.

LBGT? Most blacks claim to be Christians and extremely religious(hence all the preachers), yet Democrats are the ones pushing the gay agenda and then trying to actually draw a parallel between that and the civil rights movement.

Illegal Immigration? Drives wages down, particularly at the lower end of the wage ladder which is overwhelmingly black.

In fact, when you look at urban areas with high concentrations of blacks, they are almost always overwhelmingly Democrat. School boards. Police Chiefs. City Council. Mayors.

This is why racism claims are so important to Democrats. They use the racism card to distract blacks from looking inward at the Democrat party and the havoc progressives have caused to the black community. It is like a magic trick. They keep blacks from looking at all the issues critically by distracting them with racisms rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Look at the stats on the the percentage of blacks that voted for "him."

Then come back and tell me that they didn't vote based on race.

(btw-there is a black man that I would vote for in a heartbeat-Andrew Clark Sr.He is a cop here in Memphis that had his own local radio show.We are usually in the top 5 cities when it comes to murder-and as a cop-he sees what the problem is.
But since he pointed out the truth-his show isn't on the air anymore.)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Really to me it is about how strong is the womens movement going to be by then. Are we still going to see things like "the war on women" are they going to be able to solidfy behind a candidate and say it s our time now.

Hilary has the political m,achine, she has the media, she has the demographics on her side. can she get sole posseion of the woman vote like Obama got the black vote. really the question is can she get married women. Maried women are mostly republican and independents can she get them to flip???

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: Edumakated

With Jeb Bush about to run were going to find out how strong the NEO-CON establishment is. I had thought there power was demishing. But we will find out if rumors of their demise have been greatly exagerrated. We still have Dick Chaney out there to deal with,.

And there is the thought that the neo-cons have greatly enjoyed the "media rise" of the tea-party. Takes the spot light of of them. Oh yes, I agree with you Amphil, they are still there working behind the scenes, letting tea-party types garner all the attention until,,,,,,,,,
edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 03 Jan 2015 15:02:05 -0600Sat, 03 Jan 2015 15:02:05 -060015012015-01-03T15:02:05-06:003u02 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Black Democrat could win POTUS in 2016

Of course it is possible. I would put the odds at less then 1% now and for then next few elections.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
a reply to: hammanderr

I think it's incredibly racist and demeaning to perpetuate the myth that black Americans will vote for somebody because their skin tones match.

Seriously?

Is this the world you live in? Do you really think black are that stupid?

They are that stupid. Trust me, I'm black and have this argument damn near everyday. Most blacks couldn't give you one policy position of Obama that they support. In fact, as demonstrated in my previous post, most of his positions are the polar opposite of what most blacks really want.

My mother is an Obot. She thinks he is the second coming of Jesus. You have to realize though that a lot of blacks grew up in the civil rights era so they are still emotionally scarred and attached to this thought that we can have a black president. They can't see past the skin color because it means so much to them even though policy wise they are at polar opposites. If you discuss policies with blacks without mentioning conservative/republican I will guarantee they will almost always trend towards the right. However, they've been so brainwashed to believe racism is rampant and it comes from conservatives that they ignore policy positions that they actually agree with once you identify Republican.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

until. breaking news from state run media the tea party supports Jeb Bush thats when the tea party people will what they wanted back fire on them. as they want to take over the republican party no I fear that like you said the neo cons are waiting to capture and absorb tea party momentum.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sounds like the results of a North Korean "election",doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Sounds like the results of a North Korean "election",doesn't it?

Hah! Good one! Yes, it really does. But I think that fact is somewhat lost on Americans, everyone is busy congratulating themselves for their acceptance of diversity.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Obama has done more to improve his golf swing than he has done to improve the position of blacks in this country. Hopefully they will see that and vote for substance and not skin color.

If the democrat are running against another bush then they could put s festering pile of turd up and still win as the Amercan public cant be stupid enough to vot in a third bush?

Well ok it is America......

And I think both partys are for idiots.

Though please god not another bush.....please......
edit on 3-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Obama has done more to improve his golf swing than he has done to improve the position of blacks in this country. Hopefully they will see that and vote for substance and not skin color.

If the democrat are running against another bush then they could put s festering pile of turd up and still win as the Amercan public cant be stupid enough to vot in a third bush?

Well ok it is America......

And I think both partys are for idiots.t

Though please god not another bush.....please......

A Bush vs Clinton election would do more for "Third Parties" than anything else.

It might wake some people up to the fact they are just taking turns Stealing...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Jeb Bush does not have enough drive to be president. He is a bad candidate for the Republican party and he will not win.

Hilary likewise, is not an easy "shoe-in" for the Democrats either.

Of Jeb and Hilary, Hilary is the better choice. He has more political skill and know how.

However, if my choices on election day are Jeb or Hilary....I will vote for the Independent as long as he or she is not a complete political stooge.

Real change in the politics of the US starts with the house and senate. Vote these stooges out every chance you get. Clean house and start fresh. Set term limits in these two areas as well. 2 terms (12 years) for a Senatro and 4 terms (8 years) for a House rep.

Next, at the Supreme courts, these guys and gals likewise should have a 1 time 10 year term and then they are done.

Keeping this system of ours fresh is the start of a good new beginning.

However....voter turn out is low...people vote for who they know and remember especially the baby boomers that remember the "good years" and think stagnant politicians are great.

For once, I'd like to see folks actually study the issues that their candidates are backing or not backing and vote on what you think is best for the largest % of folks.

I will generalize and say that a large portion of Americans are not politically and economically informed and that makes us a nation of ignorant (lacking knowledge, not "stupid") people.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Look at our deficit.

None of the Bushs' would have ever put the U.S. in the kind of debt that our country is currently dealing with.

I guess multiple trillions of dollars wasted means nothing to the liberal mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Your avatar is a wonderful representation of the coming clinton presidential campaign.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.

(I didn't know that Hillary could ski)

edit on 3-1-2015 by FalcoFan because: it takes me a minute,sometimes

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Another Bush in the WH just in time for the next big bank failure; can you say welfare for wall street?

Professional politicians are not running for the good of the people, but rather to take the goods from the people.

Government is the one ring to rule them all!

edit on 3-1-2015 by AlaskanDad because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

I think it's incredibly racist and demeaning to perpetuate the myth that black Americans will vote for somebody because their skin tones match.

Seriously?

93% of blacks voted for Obama in 2012. What are you missing? Do I need to explain that to you? I didn't say anyone was stupid.

Look who he was running against. It seems that the blacks could clearly see that Romney had no touch with reality when it came to living in America something the other races should have been able to see as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Look at our deficit.

None of the Bushs' would have ever put the U.S. in the kind of debt that our country is currently dealing with.

I guess multiple trillions of dollars wasted means nothing to the liberal mind.

You mean the deficit that is dropping like a rock? Or are you talking about the debt that didn't show up on the previous administrations watch because they ran everything on a credit card. Obama's federal spending has been less than many of the Presidents that have proceeded him.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

Seriously?

93% of blacks voted for Obama in 2012. What are you missing? Do I need to explain that to you? I didn't say anyone was stupid.

Implying that blacks will vote for a candidate because of his race implying they're stupid and racist.

What does 93% of blacks voting for Obama have to do with anything? Please explain.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I think the smooth move would be newly visa'd and drivers licensed aliens.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Seriously?

They are that stupid. Trust me, I'm black and have this argument damn near everyday. Most blacks couldn't give you one policy position of Obama that they support. In fact, as demonstrated in my previous post, most of his positions are the polar opposite of what most blacks really want.

My mother is an Obot. She thinks he is the second coming of Jesus. You have to realize though that a lot of blacks grew up in the civil rights era so they are still emotionally scarred and attached to this thought that we can have a black president. They can't see past the skin color because it means so much to them even though policy wise they are at polar opposites. If you discuss policies with blacks without mentioning conservative/republican I will guarantee they will almost always trend towards the right. However, they've been so brainwashed to believe racism is rampant and it comes from conservatives that they ignore policy positions that they actually agree with once you identify Republican.

Yeah, works both ways though. One of my good friends was a devout, liberal Democrat. Then she was what the Obot machine did to take the primary from Hillary, and how the Dems were relentless in the personal attacks on Palin. She was really disgusted with all the attacks on her daughter and son.

She left the party and is independent now. I think people will naturally evolve from blindly following the Party to thinking rationally over time, white and black.

<< 1    3 >>

join