It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Democrat could win POTUS in 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It seems painfully obvious that if the Democrats run another African American in 2016 they will win. In 2012 Obama got 93% of the black vote. That is a substantial number when you consider that blacks are a full 12-13% of the population. And running a black candidate in 2012 brought out the largest portion of the black electorate to date, 66%. Compared to 64% for whites.

How's he doin? This is how blacks view the race issue in US politics. SNL discusses Obama. This video is actually really funny, but proves my point.
www.youtube.com...

So if you allow for the idea that whites are split somewhat evenly between Democrat and Republican and that Latinos are about the same. That 93% of 12% of the US electorate is just a massive advantage. I am aware that the breakdown of white and Latino numbers is not as simple as 50/50 for Democrat and Republican, but it isn't too far off. Whites swing pretty far left or right depending on the candidate, Latinos as well. Blacks swing very, very little to the right.

This is significant as a topic because it represents a winning strategy for Democrats that is, essentially, reliant on racism. If the Republicans field a black candidate he will be labelled as an "Uncle Tom", or as "Too White". Even though Obama was raised by a white family and was educated in about as privileged a manner as is imaginable, he was never labelled "Too White".

The Democrats have found a very effective technique for stymying any attempt by the Republicans to offer a black candidate, use Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson et al. to label that candidate as "not black enough", or as an "Uncle Tom". All the Democrats have to do in return for this gangster work is to continue to pump money into minority programs, support NAACP, and just keep on with the pro black political agenda that has kept these "black leaders" at the top.

When Sony executive Amy Pascal was a victim of hacking and subsequently had her non politically correct emails made public, she immediately reached out Jackson and Sharpton. Why?

theblacksphere.net...

Because these men hold an unassailable position of moral superiority in the American psyche. To challenge them is to risk public relations suicide. If you are labelled as racist in America today, you are finished. The Democrats know this and use this power.

Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton are both strong candidates, but neither one has that special quality, blackness. Both are willing to promise the moon and stars to the black(and latino) community. But a black candidate gets that white guilt vote, is guaranteed the black vote and can count on the regular old leftist vote. So based on this, can anyone see any reason why the Democrats would run anyone besides a black candidate for POTUS in 2016?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
AH no.
It's going to swing FAR RIGHT now,you know the guys WHO CAN keep secrets,want WW3,Cabal types will be going for the last HURRAH on this one that will be JUST as desparate as the dying Progressive element.
NONE are Libertarian at all so NOT tea party at all either.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
It seems painfully obvious that if the Democrats run another African American in 2016 they will win. In 2012 Obama got 93% of the black vote. That is a substantial number when you consider that blacks are a full 12-13% of the population. And running a black candidate in 2012 brought out the largest portion of the black electorate to date, 66%. Compared to 64% for whites.

How's he doin? This is how blacks view the race issue in US politics. SNL discusses Obama. This video is actually really funny, but proves my point.
www.youtube.com...

So if you allow for the idea that whites are split somewhat evenly between Democrat and Republican and that Latinos are about the same. That 93% of 12% of the US electorate is just a massive advantage. I am aware that the breakdown of white and Latino numbers is not as simple as 50/50 for Democrat and Republican, but it isn't too far off. Whites swing pretty far left or right depending on the candidate, Latinos as well. Blacks swing very, very little to the right.

This is significant as a topic because it represents a winning strategy for Democrats that is, essentially, reliant on racism. If the Republicans field a black candidate he will be labelled as an "Uncle Tom", or as "Too White". Even though Obama was raised by a white family and was educated in about as privileged a manner as is imaginable, he was never labelled "Too White".

The Democrats have found a very effective technique for stymying any attempt by the Republicans to offer a black candidate, use Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson et al. to label that candidate as "not black enough", or as an "Uncle Tom". All the Democrats have to do in return for this gangster work is to continue to pump money into minority programs, support NAACP, and just keep on with the pro black political agenda that has kept these "black leaders" at the top.

When Sony executive Amy Pascal was a victim of hacking and subsequently had her non politically correct emails made public, she immediately reached out Jackson and Sharpton. Why?

theblacksphere.net...

Because these men hold an unassailable position of moral superiority in the American psyche. To challenge them is to risk public relations suicide. If you are labelled as racist in America today, you are finished. The Democrats know this and use this power.

Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton are both strong candidates, but neither one has that special quality, blackness. Both are willing to promise the moon and stars to the black(and latino) community. But a black candidate gets that white guilt vote, is guaranteed the black vote and can count on the regular old leftist vote. So based on this, can anyone see any reason why the Democrats would run anyone besides a black candidate for POTUS in 2016?

Obama killed any chance of another black guy being elected for a long time. White folks are running away from him and the Democrats in droves. This is why the Democrats are so hard up for amnesty for the illegal aliens. They see Hispanics as making up for the lost white votes.

With that said, given how the establishment Republicans are acting under Boehner's lack of leadership and with Jeb Bush trying to run, the Democrats may actually win again. A large number of republicans/tea parties are fed up with the Republican establishment.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If your supposed candidate likes obamacare, not a chance.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

I don't know.
There may a case of white guilt wilt if the Dems run another black candidate.
Some people may have had their fill of a POTUS that carries a 'get out of anything free ' race card.
edit on bu312015-01-03T14:26:29-06:0002America/ChicagoSat, 03 Jan 2015 14:26:29 -06002u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

8 years too late for the whole race card to win an election imo.

The only reason the voting block for African Americans increased in 2012 was largely due to them voting not for Obama, but against Romney.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Obama has done more to improve his golf swing than he has done to improve the position of blacks in this country. Hopefully they will see that and vote for substance and not skin color.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Honestly I don't want either party to have total control, when that happens usually the American people suffer.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Obama has done more to improve his golf swing than he has done to improve the position of blacks in this country. Hopefully they will see that and vote for substance and not skin color.

The black community is too brainwashed; just the way Democrats like it. Obama could be caught on tape admitting he screwed black people and they wouldn't believe it or try to make an excuse for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Although I believe you may be somewhat correct, I still think you are all underestimating the power of progressive, liberal guilt politics. The accusation of "racism" still holds so much power. Every day I read another article about a white person losing their job, position, respect due to accusations of racial insensitivity.

From a couple days ago. Steve Scalise
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He damn sure threw the black voters under the bus to kiss the illegals' rears.

A professional carpetbagger to say the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'd vote for Dave Chappelle if he ran.
I'd hope he won the office and then did a disappearing act.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I doubt it-the last elections are showing that people are extremely tired of the liberal "policies."

The party of "You can't say that! I'm telling mommy!"

I can't think of anything more embarrassing than being a liberal male.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

ah first of all all those potential candidates that were black that you named are to radical to even have a chance of winning.

Someone like Colin Powell would have been a good example or even Clarence Thomas

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Latino's are swinging 50/50 No I dont think that was the case in the last election.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think it's incredibly racist and demeaning to perpetuate the myth that black Americans will vote for somebody because their skin tones match.

Seriously?

Is this the world you live in? Do you really think black are that stupid?

link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

The liberals didn't mount a racially based get-out-the-vote in 2014. If they get a black presidential candidate, he can speak well(like Obama) everyone will get to relive those great post racial emotions of 2008. A black candidate GETS the black vote. The right is being lulled to sleep. Meanwhile the "hands up don't shoot" and "I can't breath" movements are gaining grassroots steam.

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

With Jeb Bush about to run were going to find out how strong the NEO-CON establishment is. I had thought there power was demishing. But we will find out if rumors of their demise have been greatly exagerrated. We still have Dick Chaney out there to deal with,.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

I think it's incredibly racist and demeaning to perpetuate the myth that black Americans will vote for somebody because their skin tones match.

Seriously?

Is this the world you live in? Do you really think black are that stupid?

93% of blacks voted for Obama in 2012. What are you missing? Do I need to explain that to you? I didn't say anyone was stupid.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One thing's for sure....

If Obama stays in office full term, he will destroy the Democrat Party as they know it.

The last election is the evidence.

Only a miracle can save them.

Watch for a 3rd Party Liberal to take the helm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join