It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet 5 Tea Party extremists taking office this month

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is kind of scary, though some of it is obviously overblown (not wanting immigration doesn't make you evil IMO) there are definitely some questionable people that just get elected. I honestly think there must have been some election fraud considering how bad so many of the Republican candidates were and still got elected.

Our scary new Congress: Meet 5 Tea Party extremists taking office this month

www.salon.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

5 out of well over 400 members.
Sounds like the fear is really justified. Eeek!

If you could only hunt down the citizens that voted for them.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They're senators, but you think it's OK to have a powerful member of congress that want to declare war against Mexico?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
They're senators, but you think it's OK to have a powerful member of congress that want to declare war against Mexico?

I should have said 5 out of 535 then. Sorry.
I think it is OK for people to elect their choice of candidate in a state.... even if it scares you.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Didn't we already do that with Fast and Furious?

How many Mexicans were killed by the guns we provided to the drug cartels?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
They just mirror the view of many Americans. A bit scary, yes.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Didn't we already do that with Fast and Furious?

How many Mexicans were killed by the guns we provided to the drug cartels?

Correct.
But isn't it interesting that no 'scary' Tea Party Senators were pulling the strings on that one.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes your right, we should condemn anyone that has a conservative belif to the electric chair...

I guess you've never heard about grandstanding for votes in your district.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
WHAT make's you think we will allow these RIGHT wingers move any farther that the left we now oppose?
ONCE they place JEB in office THEY will have to try something DRASTIC to win.
It will be interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Just think of it this way comedy central will have plenty of material to work with. I am sure a few of them will be as entertaining as Broun and Bachmann especially the one who claims women can run for office with their husbands permission.

Gardner seems like the same ole same ole two faced politician he may be around for a while.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So long as they dump that stupid MAG law we are good.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I think it's more of a lack of view. Most people vote emotionally.
The most recent election was more about sending a message to Obama than actually supporting the people who got elected. They may regret it.
edit on 1/3/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This is why the tea party is a joke just like Republicans and Democrats.

Most of these are far far far from true libertarians and stand against personal freedom.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This is kind of scary, though some of it is obviously overblown (not wanting immigration doesn't make you evil IMO) there are definitely some questionable people that just get elected. I honestly think there must have been some election fraud considering how bad so many of the Republican candidates were and still got elected.

Our scary new Congress: Meet 5 Tea Party extremists taking office this month

www.salon.com...

So how do you explain why left wing wackos keep getting elected? You know, political geniuses like Hank Johnson and Sheila Jackson Lee. Pelosi? Reid?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
WHAT make's you think we will allow these RIGHT wingers move any farther that the left we now oppose?
ONCE they place JEB in office THEY will have to try something DRASTIC to win.
It will be interesting to say the least.

Well..."we" have allowed "the left" to do things and nobody has done anything about it beyond vote some of them out.

So what makes "us" believe anything is going to be different about what's "allowed" to happen now?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

So how do you explain why left wing wackos keep getting elected? You know, political geniuses like Hank Johnson and Sheila Jackson Lee. Pelosi? Reid?

Cause uneducated wack job crazy Americans exist at both ends of spectrum?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

ANY such progress would be suppressed but in case you haven't noticed Obama went nuts for his 1st term and was stymied mostly later.
It will be the same here.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

originally posted by: roadgravel

I think it's more of a lack of view. Most people vote emotionally.
The most recent election was more about sending a message to Obama than actually supporting the people who got elected. They may regret it.

I don't buy the message sending. People are voting a group believe or what they think it is. Conservative Christian believe has ruled for the Bushs.

edit:

I should add some of it is to go against Obama but it is only because their belief is that a black shouldn't be president. It fits into their system.
edit on 1/3/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Funny how the phrasing of "tea party extremists" gets used so often? Eventually fits right into the narrative doesn't it? Why not just Tea Party members? Or doesn't that work as well? Not as ready made?

Kind of like "right wing" needs "nut job" after it to sound complete. To be fair, "liberal" is so often preceded with "whining" they sound like one word.

How about this: We look at the voting records of all these adjective/adverb toting politicians to see what they really do before we hang a label on them?

I bet the term "money grubbing whores" will fit the majority of them waaaaay better than anything else.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

How about this: We look at the voting records of all these adjective/adverb toting politicians to see what they really do before we hang a label on them?

I bet the term "money grubbing whores" will fit the majority of them waaaaay better than anything else.

Well said.

The notion that there is a philosophy which can be described as extremism is considered by some to be suspect. Within sociology, several academics who track (and are critical of) extreme right-wing groups have objected to the term extremist, which was popularized by centrist sociologists in the 1960s and 1970s. As Jerome Himmelstein states the case: "At best this characterization tells us nothing substantive about the people it labels; at worst it paints a false picture." (Himmelstein, p. 7). The act of labeling a person, group or action as extremist is sometimes claimed to be a technique to further a political goal—especially by governments seeking to defend the status quo, or political centrists. In any event, the term extremist—like the word violence—cannot be regarded as value-neutral.

Source Wiki

Adverb-toting politicians reminds me of one of my favorite labels often thrown around by certain OP's, gun-totin' Rednecks - A.K.A. 'Cowboys'. On that note, here's a bit of humor from the 'Cowboy' state:

edit on 3-1-2015 by sageturkey because: Add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join