It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Outlook for the New Year — Paul Craig Roberts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
source

Dear Readers: The conflict that Washington has initiated between the West and Russia/China is reckless and irresponsible. Nuclear war could be the outcome. Indeed, Washington has been preparing for nuclear war since the George W. Bush regime.
Washington has revised US war doctrine in order to initiate conflict with a first strike nuclear attack.
Washington has discarded the ABM treaty in order to build and deploy anti-ballistic missiles that are intended to prevent a retaliatory strike against the US. Washington is engaged in a buildup of military forces on Russia’s borders, and Washington is demonizing Russia’s government with false charges.
As the Bush/Obama regimes dismantled the safeguards put in place in order to minimize the risk of nuclear war, no protests came from the American public or the media. Washington’s European vassal states have also been silent.
Washington’s drive for hegemony has brought nuclear insanity to the world.

I mostly agree with his analysis except for the part where he is speaking about Georgia.

By summer 2008 Russian power had returned. On Washington’s orders, the US and Israeli trained and equipped Georgian army attacked the breakaway republic of South Ossetia during the early hours of August 8, killing Russian peacekeepers and civilian population. Units of the Russian military instantly responded and within a few hours the American trained and equipped Georgian army was routed and defeated. Georgia was in Russia’s hands again, where the province had resided during the 19th and 20th centuries.

Putin should have hung Mikheil Saakashvili, the American puppet installed as president of Georgia by the Washington-instigated “Rose Revolution”, and reincorporated Georgia into the Russian Federation.

Russia doesn't need Georgia as a part of Russian Federation. Russia want to see Georgia as a friendly country, but will not tolerate Georgian military provocations.
edit on 3-1-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

The province in question was part of Georgia. Russia did the same thing it is doing in Ukraine and Moldova by stirring dissent, sending in special forces and going from there. Georgia was within its rights to repel Russian forces from Georgian territory.

The analysis from your source seems to ignore things, like facts.

edit on 3-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Your link: meh

There are so many more factors going on than just Georgia. Georgia is only a piece of the puzzle.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: APT1Yksnidnak

Take for example: Hungary

Hungary is being Primed for 'Destabilization' as we speak.

South Korea is being used as a condom against North Korea. When it's usefulness is done - - it'll be thrown out like a used condom.

Talks Between North Korea, South Korea Hampered By Terms; UN Assistance Requested

Kim Jong-un wants South Korea to stop its military exercises with the United States if it wants to resume inter-Korea talks, but Seoul has no intentions of doing so.

S.Korea/U.S. military drills are in March - - - S.Korea/U.S. set deadline for "UN-preconditioned" talks by Feb.

Like I said, so many factors & the United States NEEDS Russia for the M.E. when it kicks off in spring.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

this bloke is very perceptive and well informed. I find it difficult to dissagree with much of what he says. He has a particuarly good article on how the fed suppresses the price of gold for some to 2 big 2 fail banks.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: APT1Yksnidnak

You do know the Korean war never ended right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Interesting very interesting this Paul Craig Roberts seems to know his stuff and has a lot of credentials that makes him very note wordy (that means taking not of or listening too) reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RyleeNator

Not really no...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
wel yes as a matter of fact he dose have a lot of credentials probably why there is nothing you can really say to discredit him but I'm sure you will makes something upreply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
wel yes as a matter of fact he dose have a lot of credentials probably why there is nothing you can really say to discredit him but I'm sure you will makes something upreply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Anyone who examines the role of USAID (covert arm of the military-industrial complex) and the CIA in Ukraine will see that Roberts is totally correct -- the USA is responsible for this conflict in Ukraine that is causing the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and could propel us into WW3.

It should also be noted that Oliver Stone has echoed Robert's warnings in regards to Ukraine.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If we are speaking Georgia, I'm pretty sure that large part of world is happy that US puppet Saakashvili is now living in Brooklyn. Please keep this clown on your territory.
BTW it is significant that to this "tie eater" was offered position in Ukrainian government.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Here is PCR's CV:

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following. Roberts' latest books are The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism and Economic Dissolution of the West and How America Was Lost.

[Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

He seems to have had a nervous breakdown around 2004, when his writing grew less objective and more confused. Here is an example:

www.paulcraigroberts.org...
edit on 4-1-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
For me the great question is:
Are citizens of USA backing up hegemony of USA (in economic and military field) or are they for more colorful world where other nations can at least live peacefully?
If I look back to 1989 till now the USA are really bad bully on international scene. And USA citizens meanwhile argue about some nonsense like if somebody is offended by that or other picture.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

For me the great question is:
Are citizens of USA backing up hegemony of USA (in economic and military field) or are they for more colorful world where other nations can at least live peacefully?

American hegemony ended shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Without the specter of an existential external threat to unite the parties, American politics turned into violent disagreements about domestic policies. At about that time, PCR correctly observed that the practice of "offshoring" would adversely affect the US economy. He was correct. As American firms turned to foreign labor, China began its economic ascent.

Meanwhile, Russians' tolerance for authoritarian government allowed Putin to aggrandize his power and seek to reform the Soviet Union through a mixture of subversion and military conquest. Lacking a clear global security vision beyond "fighting terrorism," the United States has watched impotently as Putin has intentionally balkanized former Soviet states.

The ill-advised military adventurism of George W. Bush and the Neo-Cons in the Gulf have destroyed American credibility, lost all American influence in the region, set an example for wannabe hegemons like Putin, and paralyzed the will of the American people to participate in maintaining global security... in other words, if you think America has some sort of global hegemony, you are living in the past.
edit on 4-1-2015 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Are you aware of state at witch Russia was at time Putin was elected for first time? Can you compare it to current state of Russia? Economic situation of average citizen is much better, same with security on streets. Oligarchs were expelled or to some level tamed. But the greatest Putin's achievement is rebuilding of Russia's self-consciousness. That is why is Putin massively supported. More sanctions, more hate and name calling by west politico/presstitutes will lead to unified Russia.
Disclaimer: 20 years ago I hated Russia and loved USA. Now I'm adult.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Are you aware of state at witch Russia was at time Putin was elected for first time?

Yes, there was a painful period of hyperinflation and a free-for-all among ambitious people to seize State assets. The economy would eventually have settled down, but Putin placed his personal friends in a position to control the economy.

Can you compare it to current state of Russia?

Yes; a small number of people control most of the wealth.

Economic situation of average citizen is much better, same with security on streets.

Yes, the economic situation of the people has inevitably improved as inefficient central planning gave way to free markets. Nothing to do with Putin. I can't speak to the security on the streets, although this may be your polite way of saying Russia is once again a "police state."

Oligarchs were expelled or to some level tamed.

Putin arrested or murdered the oligarchs who would not support him and rewarded the ones did. Russia remains an Oligarchy.

But the greatest Putin's achievement is rebuilding of Russia's self-consciousness.

In other words, nationalist propaganda. His program of narodny is terrifying to Russia's neighbors, because Putin has already used "protecting ethnic Russians" to invade or splinter former Soviet states.

That is why is Putin massively supported.

Putin is supported because he tells Russians that they have a Great Destiny. This is the same reason why Germans loved Hitler.

More sanctions, more hate and name calling by west politico/presstitutes will lead to unified Russia.

Putin will certainly try to use Western actions as a bogeyman to frighten Russians into uniting. Eventually, however, it will be the economic impact of Putin's policies that will determine his political fate.

Disclaimer: 20 years ago I hated Russia and loved USA. Now I'm adult.

I have always loved Russia, which is why I resent the disaster that Putin and his gangsters are summoning on her people.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"Yes; a small number of people control most of the wealth. " So in your view the situation is not principally different compared to end of Yeltzin reign. BTW this sentence very well describe Western world and USA especially.

"The economy would eventually have settled down, but Putin placed his personal friends in a position to control the economy. " Who would control economy otherwise? I can firmly speak for Czech republic and my experience is that our industry was sold for pennies or simply destroyed. Exactly five people literally own what was left and one of them is currently minister of finance. It is - as I understand you - same situation as in Russia, but without Putin. Still no criticism from WH because our politicians are Washington's pets. It is similar to Saudi Arabia - why USA do not object blatant violations of human rights in this medieval kingdom? Double standard?

And so on ... our world view look quite incompatible.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"I have always loved Russia, which is why I resent the disaster that Putin and his gangsters are summoning on her people. "

No objections to Yeltzin and his US advisers? They had it all right and Putin destroyed their good work?

Last question:
Is Russia waging war against West (and here I mean some part of western elite) or is West (I mean USA) waging war against Russia? What about South stream for example ...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Russia has been waging war against former SSR s that refuse to take orders from Moscow. South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Transniestria and now, "Novorossiya." You have to be blind not to see the pattern. None of these "balkanized" states, held much of interest to the United States or Europe, which is why Putin was able to carve them up unopposed. Ukraine, however, has potential energy reserves, which is why the situation is so potentially dangerous. Putin does not dare roll Russian tanks into the streets of Kyiv.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join