It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Missing From Harvard????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Concervatives ,effective critical thinking, LOTS of things really.
Happy Hippies will do as they please.

Pray tell, what does that jewel of a statement have to do with the ethnic inductees into Harvard?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Jamie1

Jesus H Christ on a skateboard!

Must be part of this institutionalized racism on whites you keep talking about.

Is it really that big of deal that they left out Caucasians?
Since that is the majority of the states, where harvard is located, why does it have to be said that they make up the other 53% of students?

I'm more curious why they would feel the need to leave it out.

Of course it doesn't need to be said. They don't need to list ethnicity at all. But if they're going to list students by ethnicity, why would they not want people to see the ethnic group that makes up the largest part of the student body?

Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Hey Jaime! this is what? the fourth thread you made today on reverse racism?

The day is still early keep up the good work.

I haven't breathed or written the words reverse racism in my life.

That's a moronic term. It's self-contradictory. Racism is racism. Reversing racism would be cool, right?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So what's your point? Are you trying to say that Harvard somehow has a racist agenda?

IMO the racist agenda is yours.

Perhaps you might find a more receptive audience over at Stormfront.....

What did I say that was racist? Can you point it out?

Take your time. I'm going to make a cup of tea.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nothing ,as essentially MOST non issues of skin are bantered about are pointless ,where as my 2 cents addresses a very real deficit.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

IDK maybe cause the person that made this thought anyone that took two extra seconds could figure out that the left over was caucasian.

Why do you think they left it out?
What is the point of the thread?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
At a guess and not speaking for the OP I would say this thread is to discuss why caucasians are ommited from the list.

Im unsure of the reason, but I would be intrested to know the answer.

If you dont argree with the op and you have nothing better to do with your time why not engage in conversation and debate, as it is you come accross as someone with a grudge or vendetta hellbent on rubbishing (in this case) the OP

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

So what ethnicity would those of European descent be described as having? Celtic, Pictish, Norse, Frankish and even Semitic comes to mind immediately, but I'm sure we could parse them far further.

Maybe they should also be listed.

edit on 3/1/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

im not sure I dont have anything to do with creating the list nor have I ever created a list or been involved in creating such a list, im not offended or upset by the ommison of the majority, I was just intrested in discussions as to why.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Seriously? How much toxicity can be posted in a single day? White isn't listed because we're the majority... duh. Seems someone is easily offended by anything non-white.

What toxicity are you referring to?

Why do you think I'm offended at all?

It makes no logical sense to simply omit the one category that comprises the largest of any sample. If a Harvard student were to submit a research project and fail to note the largest data set, he or she would be given a failing grade for the project.

Or do you think you could submit research that says something like:

"Here's the data I've found:

12% of the participants like vanilla ice cream.
34% of the participants like chocolate ice cream."

The professor would be like, "WTF? Why didn't you include all the data?"

This is Harvard. It's supposed to educate people, not set an example of stupidity.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

IDK maybe cause the person that made this thought anyone that took two extra seconds could figure out that the left over was caucasian.

Well Harvard has many foreign students.

How many are not Caucasian?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The point of the thread was to create a circle jerk of personal attacks and see how many in the circle give each other stars.

Wait... that was just the result, that wasn't the purpose.

The purpose was my friend thought this was interesting and sent it to me. The feeling was that like the thread about the microaggressive soda machine, Harvard has been twisting and turning, like a piece of plastic melting on an open fire, in attempts to avoid offending those who want to be offended.

The rumor was that Elizabeth Warren nudged them to NOT show that 53%, the majority of the students, were white.

Remember, Elizabeth Warren may run for POTUS, and she's had some controversy over claims that she was Native American, and she lied on her applications to get into school.

Does it seem normal to show stats, and leave out the description that accounts for 53% of the data? I've personally never seen data presented this way.

Is this a normal way colleges do things these days?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Question:
Where do people of Arab descent fit in?
I know you'll say Caucasian but they deserve their own category imo.
Too much difference between them and Europeans to be counted as a single group.
This does nothing but inflate Caucasian numbers in an artificial manner.

Maybe the thread is reverse race trolling but our Universities are pushing a pretty radical brand of their own if you've been paying attention.
edit on 3-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Question:

Maybe the thread is reverse race trolling but our Universities are pushing a pretty radical brand of their own if you've been paying attention.

What is reverse race trolling, and why might this thread be an example of it? I'm not being a smart ass, I'm truly not familiar with what you mean by this.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's pretty clear from days of spam now... that you are offended by almost everything relating race or people being offended.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think the racist bit would stem from the fact that they made the list at all. As if to point out that they are in a minority.

I'm pretty sure these statistics are collected and published for the same reason in the UK. To comply with laws such as the Race Relations Act and the Equality Act which as you will well know is set up to deter discrimination.

Publishing these stats is a way for the University to show that it is open to equality and encourages compliance with these laws and is evidencing it on their websites thus making it more attractive to the students it wants to attract.

Don't see any racism here.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Question:

I find Arabs not very close to what we would typically classify as Caucasian, might as well add in India/Pakistan too, nothing like removing 2 billion from the ethnic list...hehe

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's pretty clear from days of spam now... that you are offended by almost everything relating race or people being offended.

I"m not offended by anything lol.

SPAM? You're funny. It's also funny how many people personally attack me instead of discussing the topic.

Oh... cool feature of ATS is this thing called the Karma score. It's a rough measure of what other people think of your posts. The higher the number, the more stars, flags, and applause per posts. Mine's 55. What's yours?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have a question: Is Caucasian an ethnicity?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
I have a question: Is Caucasian an ethnicity?

Caucasian seems as valid a group as any other.
If we have to even bother keeping track of such things which is what I really take most issue with.
What purpose does it serve?

<< 1    3 >>

join