It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mercy Seat (Top of the Ark of the Covenant)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The Mercy Seat is the top of the Ark of the Covenant. The Ark was said to be a box of ultimate power, covered in gold with two angels on top. In the place between the angels wings, where they point together, is the Mercy Seat, where God Himself was said to appear. The priests of that day would pray and incense the Ark and create a cloud of incense, and God Himself was to appear in that cloud.

An omnipotent spiritual being would have no need of a physical object to manifest through. However, lesser spiritual beings could use the power of the Ark to manifest themselves. Nowadays ghost hunters use white noise machines and spirit boxes to pick up EVPs. And it's known that houses are many times more actively haunted in places that have high power lines/stations nearby.

So my question - Who or what, if anything, appeared in the Mercy Seat to the ancient Hebrews? Speculation - Did the prayers of the priests draw in the spirits and then did the spirits use the power in the Ark to manifest via The Mercy Seat? What do you think? We can only guess because we don't have the Ark to be able to experiment with and to find out where the alleged power of it came from. But what do you think of the possibility that it was lesser spirits, and not God Himself, that was actually talking to the Hebrews via the Seat of Mercy??

Exodus 25:17 And thou shalt make an ark-cover of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.

Leviticus 16:2 And the LORD said to Moses, Speak to Aaron your brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the veil before the mercy seat, which is on the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud on the mercy seat.

What is the Mercy Seat?

The ark of the covenant, the chest containing the two stone tablets inscribed with the Ten Commandments, was the most sacred object of the tabernacle and later in the temple in Jerusalem, where it was placed in an inner area called the Holy of Holies. Also within the ark were the golden pot of manna, such as was provided by God in the wilderness wanderings (Exodus 16:4) and Aaron’s almond rod (Numbers 17:1-13). On top of the ark was a lid called the mercy seat on which rested the cloud or visible symbol of the divine presence. Here God was supposed to be seated, and from this place He was supposed to dispense mercy to man when the blood of the atonement was sprinkled there.

Info Here

According to the Biblical account (Exodus 25:19; 37:6), the cover was manufactured from pure gold, and was the same width and breadth as the Ark beneath it – 2.5 cubits long, and 1.5 cubits wide; the Ark and cover were, according to this passage, kept inside the Holy of Holies – the Temple's innermost sanctuary, which was separated from the remainder of the temple by a thick curtain (parochet), because the ark and mercy seat were associated with the presence of Yahweh. The account also states that two golden statues of cherubim were placed at each end of the cover, facing one another and the cover, with their wings spread in order to enclose the cover (Exodus 25:18-21); according to the Books of Samuel, these cherubim together formed a seat for Yahweh (1 Samuel 4:4). Although a literal interpretation of the Book of Exodus would conclude that the mercy seat, along with the remainder of the Ark, was constructed according to the commands of Yahweh at the time of Moses, textual scholars regard the passages referring to its construction as originating from the priestly source, which they date to the 7th Century BCE.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

Good thread & good questions. First off you're right, an omnipotent being would not need an object to help physically manifest itself (assuming we know what an omnipotent being is) however from my understanding of sigils, I know it does make the connection easier..for instance in a summoning you will use a pentagram along with other sigils to direct a specific spirit to you, otherwise you'll contact whoever decides to show up. My question is why would it absolutely not be the key to contacting "God" ? Perhaps this God, a spiritual being, is so far from our plane of existence that in fact such a supposedly powerful artifact would in fact help.

Also to entertain your thought of it not being God, perhaps it was an extraterrestrial being ? After all don't they have an affinity for gold ? Wether it be spiritual or physical gold has always been sought after and I'm convinced it has a purpose we haven't yet fully discovered or utilized to my own knowledge.

Finally I'm not sure if I believe in the ark of the covenant anyways, so I guess you can say I'm just denying ignorance

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It was patterned after what is in Heaven.

I think you should do a lot more research.

Maybe try this for starters: www.freechristianteaching.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Good information, thanks for presenting it. I like to think that the ark itself was a visual symbolic representation of "God" being with his people and was not needed for any communication purposes at all. Remember, "God" spoke to Moses before the ark was built. Once at the burning bush, and again when relaying the Ten Commandments.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
It was patterned after what is in Heaven.

There are organic earthly boxes in the etherial world of Heaven?
Let's pretend it's patterned after something in Heaven. So what?
Why would an omnipotent God need a box to communicate through?
It wouldn't. But lesser spirits could use the energy from the box.

I think you should do a lot more research.

I think you should open your mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Are there "organic earthy boxes" inside of you which you saw and translated into the words/image of your post? What is it that is the basis of the structure of your words?

What were you looking at when you saw the boxes of your post? Where are those boxes?
edit on 1/3/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

As to the importance of gold, I think they ingested it. The Manna is white powder gold or monoatomic gold. The High Priests and the like would fast only eating the "What is it" (Egyptian Book of the Dead), and were able to interact with the Ark, being that it contained a pot of Manna. Being a near perfect superconductor would explain the levitation, and electrical discharge on anyone who approached who wasn't "chosen" or prepared. Two Miesner Fields can interact like the other doesn't exist. Gold has always been treasured and i think it is a key of some sort.

(post by BigProblem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The real question is or should be, where is the Ark now? Locked away in a warehouse somewhere Indiana Jones style or buried underground somewhere hidden from human hands? Oh and is there not talk of anyone touching the Ark dying from radiation poisoning? I read that somewhere. If true, then I would suggest the Ark has an ET connection to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

the earliest reference pertaining to manna it seems comes from the pyramid texts that decorate king unas tomb in Saqqara. the 'word' used is 'mfkzt'. the texts describe the kings resurrection and passage to the afterlife in 'the field of 'mfkzt' --gardner, lost secrets of the sacred ark, as described in the giza death star destroyed, Farrell.

top topics

join