It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the greatest movie about Jesus ever made?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: Lightworth

I hate to throw water on your idea, but film is an emotional medium. Those intended to "teach" do poorly. Do you seriously intend to write this?

Have you ever made a positive post in a thread?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Not sure about actually finishing it. If so it will likely take a long time, perhaps very long. I have too much else on which to spend my time and energy, and concerning artistic stuff, I'm primarily a composer-songwriter and musician anyway.

I believe teaching can work, as long as there is enough entertainment value, comedy/wit, perhaps some action and overall imagination. Nothing wrong with (a) strong message(s).

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I hate to throw water on your idea, but film is an emotional medium. Those intended to "teach" do poorly. Do you seriously intend to write this?

Do you mean have I ever agreed with you? No.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Your movie sounds like another new age Sananda youtube video.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"What would be the greatest movie ever made about Jesus"? One in which God actually wrote, directed; produced and starred in.

edit on 3-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I thought that was just my imagination. LOL.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightworth

Not sure about actually finishing it. If so it will likely take a long time, perhaps very long. I have too much else on which to spend my time and energy, and concerning artistic stuff, I'm primarily a composer-songwriter and musician anyway.

I believe teaching can work, as long as there is enough entertainment value, comedy/wit, perhaps some action and overall imagination. Nothing wrong with (a) strong message(s).

Everyone here knows that I write screenplays and have made short films.

My eyes glazed over in the first paragraph. I have read some really bad scripts, but if you are trying to do the treatment in a public forum, you made the biggest mistake in filmmaking, "Don't tell anyone yet what you are writing".

Someone out there just took your idea. Sorry, you made the mistake, but I am sure you are naive about how the industry works.

You wouldn't be teaching, only inserting your own world view, which is what every writer does. Right now, it is parody that you are presenting as alternative history. You know, I have worked with atheists and agnostics, but they don't do what you just did, talk about your idea online.

WarminIndy knows screenwriting, right now your treatment is just another boring parody that has been bandied around since the beginning of the film industry.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

No worries. Perhaps someone will steal it and turn it into something that could actually be made and released - something lightweight enough to be politically-socially acceptable. My version, if ever finished, would probably be too hard-hitting. OR, I guess conceivably, I'm equally not concerned if someone could turn it into something I would enjoy and respect. Anyway, whether or not it matters, at most, I might accomplish only a short story or story outline version, and would be very glad to collaborate with a professional or experienced screenwriter, IF possible.

Teaching is difficult to define, I now realize. If it means truly reaching and educating someone who was previously of an opposite mentality or worldview, I expect that either wouldn't happen at all, or only in an EXTREMELY small minority at best. "Teaching" is really preaching to the choir, but at least it can and should be among the most Heavenly music there is.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Sue me for not believing that reptoids are running earth and asking for testable evidence when people make claims of fact. I realize that critical reasoning is not popular among most members of ATS but I'm going to continue to use it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

My eyes glazed over in the first paragraph. I have read some really bad scripts, but if you are trying to do the treatment in a public forum, you made the biggest mistake in filmmaking, "Don't tell anyone yet what you are writing".

Someone out there just took your idea. Sorry, you made the mistake, but I am sure you are naive about how the industry works.

You wouldn't be teaching, only inserting your own world view, which is what every writer does. Right now, it is parody that you are presenting as alternative history. You know, I have worked with atheists and agnostics, but they don't do what you just did, talk about your idea online.

WarminIndy knows screenwriting, right now your treatment is just another boring parody that has been bandied around since the beginning of the film industry.

In what genre do you write?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No worries. Perhaps someone will steal it and turn it into something that could actually be made and released - something lightweight enough to be politically-socially acceptable. My version, if ever finished, would probably be too hard-hitting. OR, I guess conceivably, I'm equally not concerned if someone could turn it into something I would enjoy and respect. Anyway, whether or not it matters, at most, I might accomplish only a short story or story outline version, and would be very glad to collaborate with a professional or experienced screenwriter, IF possible.

You think a professional screenwriter is going to use your story outline to write a screenplay? I suspect that you're not familiar with screenwriting. You're looking for a typist.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Do you mean have I ever agreed with you? No.

Mister twister that is not what i said or ment to say.

The question was very short and direct.

Your implication that i believe all my post to be positive is false.

Either way i am sure your answer is the same for both questions.

I think you love to throw water on ideas.

I bet they will have a role for you in these movies.
edit on 4-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That is all in your mind how hard hitting it will be.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I can write anything.

I've even got connections....imagine that.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You think a professional screenwriter is going to use your story outline to write a screenplay? I suspect that you're not familiar with screenwriting. You're looking for a typist.

Here is an idea, write it and then submit it to Triggerstreet.com and see if they like it over there.

Triggerstreet is owned by Kevin Spacey, plenty of screenwriters are over there. Don't forget, use Final Draft, it is the industry standard.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I can write anything.

That's a rather silly response. I asked you a serious question and you couldn't answer. That raises questions about your credibility. Furthermore, no one can "write anything".

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Here is an idea, write it and then submit it to Triggerstreet.com and see if they like it over there.

Triggerstreet is owned by Kevin Spacey, plenty of screenwriters are over there. Don't forget, use Final Draft, it is the industry standard.

I believe you posted this to the wrong person.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I can write anything.

That's a rather silly response. I asked you a serious question and you couldn't answer. That raises questions about your credibility. Furthermore, no one can "write anything".

You have to warn us when you are actually being serious, you tend to make people think you aren't.

The genres I have written have been psychological thriller, comedy, drama and violence. I love disaster movies but only to watch them. If I were paid for a disaster script, I would write it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I can write anything.

You have to warn us when you are actually being serious, you tend to make people think you aren't.

The genres I have written have been psychological thriller, comedy, drama and violence. I love disaster movies but only to watch them. If I were paid for a disaster script, I would write it.

Feature screenplays? Do you work professionally as a paid screenwriter or is it your hobby?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join