It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the greatest movie about Jesus ever made?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Short answer: one that deviates more strongly than ever, or by FAR, from the "official" Biblical stories, and portrays him as a MAN - not "God" or "Son of God" - with the great soul of an Ascended Master.

Mind you, I'm not starry-eyed enough to outright believe such a movie could ever be made, within the existing political world. Think there was a backlash about THE INTERVIEW, or as a closer comparison, THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST back in the late '80s? This would make those look like a mere toddler fussing about his/her freshly soiled diaper. Perhaps outrage would be an understatement.

This is my idea for the first part of the opening scene: First shot is of a large black spacecraft in orbit over Earth, specifically over the eastern Mediterranean shore region. Next shots are a few quick ones of the spacecraft's interior - a futuristic-luxurious and spacious area where the inhabitants are a combination of (ET) humans and various nonhumans.

Next begins in a conference room where seated at a large table are several (10 or so) men who are mostly humans. The human male who is the architect or "ring leader" of the grand project-conspiracy speaks first. He says, "The insemination has been done; the boy will be born to the virgin mother in about nine months." There is a combination of groans of protest-disapproval, and smiles and words of approval - mostly the latter - from the attendees. He then asserts to the dissenters, "We simply have no other choice. There HAS to be a new monotheistic religion because there MUST be something that can accomplish a large scale conversion of the pagan and other Gentile masses, since the exclusive or CHOSEN nature of the Hebrews never has been or will be about that. We have almost finished writing the entire script, and the programming will begin in earnest when the new god-child is born. When the boy becomes a man, what he actually does and says matters not at all. What matters is what will be WRITTEN about him, or what receives the proper publicity therefore authority, which we shall always control entirely."

He explains further, "Most but not all of you are aware that I am a direct descendant of Florkish of Plookers, the one known to the original Abrahamics as simply 'Yahweh' or the so-called nameless one. My family name is Plookers. The very few of you who are aware of the original, actual events of those days know how VERY different the spoken, and much later written, narrative is from what really happened. We will be doing the same basic thing with the new religion, and it will not be a unique one that is entirely separate from the Hebrews, but an offshoot of them. In fact, it has been decided to present the appearance of fulfillment of the Emmanuel prophecy - so-called prophecy - from the Isaiah book in the Torah, the Hebrews' new holy text. His name will not actually BE Emmanuel, but since Emmanuel means 'God is with us,' his followers will never know the difference. Actually a friend of one of my assistants suggested the fairly common name Yeshua, so we will begin the subconscious programming of that name into the boy's father's - or male parent's - mind right away."

I could go on with more dialog and ideas, but that's enough to show that, from the outset, this would be something that would make the dogmatists go probably beyond ballistic, yet NOT primarily for the sake of agitation or rabble-rousing. The purpose or objective is to be a teaching of the higher consciousness in general that is above any mere religion. It's a story about the conflict between the totalitarian-authoritarian, enslaving ways of Plookers and his ilk, and the minority dissenters who truly love Jesus who were/are in favor of the objective, closer to Gnostic truth.

Though it would be strongly emphasized as a work of fiction, it would also be pointed out that, since there is no real evidence, let alone proof, that the "official" or permitted stories are true, for all we KNOW, this portrayal could be closer to the truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

Senior Spielbergo will be contacting you soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

LOL. That's very flattering, but I won't bother keeping fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I love the idea of challenging perceived thought so S&F for that.

I think Joseph should be seen in complete denial of a virgin birth, and possibly even portrayed as a drunk that thinks his wife is having an affair whilst he is battling his own demons. Possibly running a failing carpentry business, battling work life balance.

Loving the idea

Cody

edit on 3/1/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightworthWhat would be the greatest movie about Jesus ever made?

One where he is cast in the next Transformers film, breaks the fourth wall, water-walks over to Michael Bay, flips him over like a money changer's table and spanks his untalented ass while asking him to turn the other cheek so he can tattoo that side as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I've always thought Hollyweird should do a movie called "Jesus: The lost years", and base the scripting on the gnostic texts, and the guy who wrote that book saying Jesus spent many of those years in a Buddhist monastery. Can't remember where now.

With some tweaking, your story idea would work. Though I would tie-in the Annunaki, Enlil, Enki story with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I do love comedy, and I mean no disrespect for anyones religion, I feel that sometimes comedy reaches a broad audience, it may be the way to reach the community with some higher truths.

edit on 3-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The life of brian?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would like to see a film about Jesus where he isn't murdered at the end.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

I heard something awhile back about an alleged conspiracy where a man named Simon was supposedly crucified in Jesus' place, or on the assumption, correctly or not, that Jesus of Nazareth existed in some at least noteworthy form. That idea would almost certainly be one I would use if I ever make a complete story out of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I think Zeitgeist is probably the most thought provoking movie about the entire "Christ" myth. It's got some errors, but it encourages further study.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

he is not a messiah , he's a naughty boy

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LightworthWhat would be the greatest movie about Jesus ever made?

One where he is cast in the next Transformers film, breaks the fourth wall, water-walks over to Michael Bay, flips him over like a money changer's table and spanks his untalented ass while asking him to turn the other cheek so he can tattoo that side as well.

He MUST, also, have the ability to unfold his cross and take out those 3 nails he carries around to sacrifice himself, in any given situation.

When he's not breaking the fourth wall, he works at the "Read it and Weep Bookstore"!

ETA: I forgot to add the "spare hands and feet" he needs to carry around so he can unscrew himself from the cross when he's done!

edit on 3-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I've always thought Hollyweird should do a movie called "Jesus: The lost years", and base the scripting on the gnostic texts, and the guy who wrote that book saying Jesus spent many of those years in a Buddhist monastery. Can't remember where now.

With some tweaking, your story idea would work. Though I would tie-in the Annunaki, Enlil, Enki story with it.

Lately i am having the crazy thought that there are no lost years. That there were two. One the true jesus was a young boy and the other was a grown man. The boy went to the future to today's time and the other began his ministry at the same time and he carried out a plan to take jesus place on the cross and bought us all. Then gave us over to the real jesus in the late seventies. the idea is farfetched but does account for the time factor.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I think there is a lot of movies about Islam already.. that is the largest religion I know of that sprang from the gnostic texts..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Lately i am having the crazy thought that there are no lost years. That there were two. One the true jesus was a young boy and the other was a grown man. The boy went to the future to today's time and the other began his ministry at the same time and he carried out a plan to take jesus place on the cross and bought us all. Then gave us over to the real jesus in the late seventies. the idea is farfetched but does account for the time factor.

That has the makings of a good movie all by itself. lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I think there is a lot of movies about Islam already.. that is the largest religion I know of that sprang from the gnostic texts..

Hmmmm. You have a point there.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I hate to throw water on your idea, but film is an emotional medium. Those intended to "teach" do poorly. Do you seriously intend to write this?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There can be only one, Jesus Christ Superstar. Great music and they kept to the gospels... if you can discount the tanks, jets, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join