It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"IFO" Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Could we have an "Identified Flying Object" Forum to move threads in to when it becomes clear what the "UFO" in a video really is? For example, there is a video of a BBC drone recording the New Year's Eve fireworks being claimed as a UFO. The poster of this video seems genuinely convinced it is an Unidentified Flying Object, despite the fact that the BBC has made it very clear it was covering the fireworks with drones. This video is clearly not a hoax, so the member should not be penalized, but neither should people be rewarded with stars for stubbornly insisting that a well documented aircraft is "really" an alien spacecraft. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That actually sounds like a good idea. Would also be a good reference to look at when trying to compare similar objects, but may need different views/angles.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This sounds like a very good idea to me. Support your suggestion 100%.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

That actually sounds like a good idea. Would also be a good reference to look at when trying to compare similar objects, but may need different views/angles.

Exactly! How many times are a cluster of mylar balloons going to be called a "shape shifting UFO?"

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
[Snip]

I can think of way better forums that should happen.

I like organization, but that's getting a little too organized.
edit on 1/3/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
when its identified and flying its an aircraft.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: MissBeck

Exactly! How many times are a cluster of mylar balloons going to be called a "shape shifting UFO?"

Like so.?
My IFO Encounter

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
when its identified and flying its an aircraft.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are right, of course, but I don't think people who come to ATS to discuss UFOs, or maybe share a pic or story about what they think is a UFO (as in an alien craft in the sky), will go looking in that forum to find information/answers.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe instead of a separate forum, mods could add "Identified" to the end of the thread title. Though either way, it adds to their work load. I think your idea is good though.

new topics

top topics

join