It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the TRUTH about Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Is it interesting the despite Sahabi's explanation (much appreciated), there has not been a response from another Muslim member?

Would a Muslim shy away from a thread like this?

I agree with the OP - I would really appreciate their take on all this, one of my critisisms with the last 12 years of 'anti muslim' feeling in some of us is the lack of Muslim wholescale rejection of terrorism in the name of Allah and a fair and open response to help educate us.

All we have without their balanced input is the media hype.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Is it interesting the despite Sahabi's explanation (much appreciated), there has not been a response from another Muslim member?

Would a Muslim shy away from a thread like this?

I agree with the OP - I would really appreciate their take on all this, one of my critisisms with the last 12 years of 'anti muslim' feeling in some of us is the lack of Muslim wholescale rejection of terrorism in the name of Allah and a fair and open response to help educate us.

All we have without their balanced input is the media hype.

The reason there hasn't really been much response is that there hasn't really been much of a question. I mean no offense to HomerinNC, I think most of the specific points raised had been answered, but his(her?) question was mostly "I've heard Islam is bad, is it true?", which is somewhat hard to answer.

As far as a supposed "lack of Muslim wholescale rejection of terrorism in the name of Allah" that is simply not true.
Unfortunately, "muslims condemn terrorism" doesn't make for such an interesting headline.

PS: I recognise the doodie.com avatar!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

I disagree, I asked a specific question: What is Islam, outside all the media hype?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Great point. The thing that many fail to realize is that there is no "absolute" Islam. There is no absolute Islamic authority,... there is no absolute Islamic sect or denomination,... and there is no absolute representation for Islam. There is no definitive Islam, there are only multitudes of Hislams (His Islam).

In the Qur'an and life-example of Muhammad, there are intertwined teachings of Peace and Suffering,... Non-Violence and Violence,... Unity and Separation,... Love and Hate. Each individual Muslim views and practices Islam according to their own heart and conscious.

There are many positive and uplifting teachings to be found in Islam. There are many Muslims who practice a non-violent and non-hateful Islam. Such a perspective of adherence can create a morally and ethically empowered and upright human being.

However, the adherence to the very existential edicts of violence, distrust, and separation found within the Qur'an is a major point of contention between violent-Islamists and the rest of the world.

Personally, I have grown to reject Islam because of the intertwining of Positive teachings with Negative teachings. I have come to disdain Islam because of the preemptive violence, war, and hate cultivated during the actual historic events and Qur'an revelations of the Meccan-period.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No one really wants the true truth about Islam.

No one. Not even Muslims. That should be more than apparent by now.

There is the side of Islam the majority of the world see and embrace, the other side is dismissed, detached. Disowned. Yet millions see it and experience it daily.

Trust me, you don't want to go there, not here, now or ever.

Enjoy oblivion while it lasts.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

When I used to be a Muslim, I followed the Salafi (Wahabi) school of thought. Although my beliefs were fundamental and radical,... the mosques I attended, the communities I belonged to, and the Imams I prayed behind were all non-denominational Sunni moderates.

But even within these moderate circles, subtle prejudice was acceptable. No one wanted to murder or wage jihad, but many definitely carried an air of superiority complex. Sometimes, Jews were referred to as "Yahudi" (Judaean/Jew), and other non-Muslims simply called "Kafirs" (non-believers), but with an insinuated undertone of prejudice. There was always an emphasis that "we" are Muslims and "they" are different.

For example,... if an event of misfortune occurred or even negative customer service was received, a typical Muslim rant may go along the lines of,... "These kafirs this,... these kafirs that,... etc." Almost like everything negative was a deep, personal, and direct attack against Islam.

Don't get me wrong, not all of the Muslims I've interacted with were prejudice. Not all had superiority complexes. Not all carried chips on their shoulders. And some believed in "human" brotherhood rather than "Muslim" brotherhood. I'm just saying,... such supremacy and prejudice is a subtle norm and far from being taboo within moderate communities, because it is the Qur'an that teaches distrust and separation from non-Muslims.

I find it quite ironic that as a fundamentalist, I considered the Sufis as erroneous Muslims,.... but now that I am a non-Muslim, I personally believe the Sufis and other mystics to be the wisest Islamic school of thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry for misunderstanding, then.

In that case, Islam is a religion followed by about 1/5th of the world's population from all walks of life. At worst it could be considered, the same as any other religion, at best, it could be considered the "true path".
It was formed as a religion separate from other Abrahamic religions (although it believes itself to be a continuation and a "bringing back on track" of those and all other religions) in the 6th and 7th century by Muhammad. It posits that there is only one true God, the same God of Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and all of humanity, and none but the one true God is deserving of worship.
edit on 9-1-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

When I used to be a Muslim, I followed the Salafi (Wahabi) school of thought. ,
.... but now that I am a non-Muslim,
I personally believe the Sufis and other mystics to be the wisest Islamic school of thought.

was that because the Sufi sect is more independent from the Hive Mind of the traditional Sunni-Shia Behavior model which involves All aspects of living within a closed society...

or am I cramming too much into the question

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: takers888

They still do .. take a look at Bahrain .. Malaysia and Indonesia .. Islamic countries that are tolerant . encourage learning and growth .. all three also are actively educating their people against extremism and militancy .. they arrest militants .. there have been arrests of IS recruiters .. financers .. and fighters .. but your western media wont tell you that because it goes against the propaganda that western governments and media have been feeding you people for years..
Women are also allowed to get educations .. work .. treated fairly ..

And now I return you all to your force fed narrowminded .. hateful.. propaganda fueled .. government sanctioned view of the world ..

Apologies Homer get rather fed up with people who have never actually been somewhere and lived among the people spouting the same old tired hate filled ignorant government propaganda ..

well said ...i just wanted to quote this in case it was missed earlier

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The above video is a good representation of the truth you seek. I will say this: I've noted that there are two versions of Islam, and Muslims.

1) Muslims in Islamic countries. These are some of the nicest people I have met. And my negative remarks against Islam is not geared towards these people. In fact, I hold many of these Muslims in high regard. They have no desire to immigrate to the West, they enjoy their lives (or at least attempt to in war torn countries) and live modestly. They want to live their lives in peace, and let others do the same.

2) Muslims in European countries. This is where my negative view points come into play. The reason for that is I've experienced first hand that they don't come here to become part of us, they come here to make us become part of them. They don't want to be European, they don't want to live, or be part of Western life. They want what the West has, an abundance and a higher standard of living, but on their terms, through their laws.

TL;DR Muslim in the M.E. are typically top notch folks. However, Muslims in Europe, not so much. Watch the short video to hear what they (Muslims) have to say about themselves. They do a better job than I, or anyone else could do.

(post by Outcrosser removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join