It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wish you were born in a different Year? Decade?? Even Millennia??? If so let's chat!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I always wished and wondered what it would be like to live free on my own will. Out in the woods peacfully living as you would at home with family but deep in the woods. Where you can build your own dream home, with wood you provided with your own bare hands just as we are intended to. A home to call your own, a home where property insurance is taking care of the land around you, and rent was what repairs you made to your home. A place where stores are nowhere to exist, our supermarket is the lake, the stream, the deer galloping away, the fruit trees down the trail. Just imagine a life where time is merely a virtue. You do as you want when and where you want. Where you worried about what you wanted to do and lived up to your own standards and not what society "labels" to be normal. Most people don't see past the bull#..i'm no hypocrite it took me a while to catch on. Why slave away at some job you hate 3/4 of your day just to sleep the other 8 away. Barely scraping by living paycheck to paycheck. Paying bills left and right. No easy path in sight. Without us working-class people there would be no corporations, we make the money not the executives. Yet we are paid bottom dollar like we aren't the ones putting in the elbow grease and like we arent the ones with the fatigue and sore body at the end of the day. It isn't a coincidence that i hear of hundreds of people feeling the same way. If only we were free..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: comatosed

If I could choose, I would love to be able to visit and read in the Great Library at Alexandria, before it was lost. I would wish for several years to snoop around in it.

Other than that, I am grateful to live with refrigeration and deodorant.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

If i could visit anywhere on earth at a certain time in history.. hmm that would be a hard one between the Hall of records under sphinx/giza...or even somethign as simple as goign back to 1996 in chicago to watch my favorite NBA team the bulls win a championship with my 3 favorite players.

But to live would be simple... Appalachia mountains way before anyone settled here would be great
... not alone though, that'd be hell

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
17th century japan .. fit better there than I do in the modern world ..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

They are beautiful mountains. So Hall of Records huh? Casey? They have yet to find that yes? Don't answer me, I am bad going off topic. I will stop now. lol

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

interesting.. i would have never guessed someone would pick that..
not really educated on japan.(sad to say)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm happy to have been a child through the 70's and 80's.
Weird times for sure, in hindsight, and relative to the present day.
I can remember when a kid had to go in the woods to learn about nature and luck across a magazine to study anatomy.
Saturday morning we got cartoons. Damn, I'm getting old.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

you're right in a way.. we have never found it because it's assumed that they sealed and took everything from there.. so id like to visit at a time when its still there

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I live the life you first described. And yes I love it. We have never earned very much money ever. You have to be willing to take risks, believe in your self, learn talents such as carpentry, gardening, living off grid, working harder than you thought imaginable. Are we free? Yes. Was it really hard? Freedom is not free,but in the end it is worth it. It you have a dream pursue it, find a mentor and listen. Learn from their mistakes, read like a wolf eats. Most dreams are possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

lol, hell yeah i bet the 70s were chill..... butyeah it had to of been better then then present day. Kids on their cellphones 24/7... technology is taking over... kids got more muscle in their fingers from playing xbox then they do in their legs.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bwcawaterbear

It's not that easy.. I can't just run away from my life right now or i would. I would be long gone!!

Do you own your land? or are you really off the grid?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I can remember the Atari 2600 when it was a stunning piece of technology.
Screw the Pyramids of Giza. You can't play Pac-Man or Donkey Kong on that heap of rubble.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

lol true, u got me there

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I would love to experience the late 60's "my parents generation" with the hippies,Summer of love,woodstock etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Always, i wish i could be far in the future where people have evolved to help each other instead of what we have now. Either that or a few hundred years ago when you could just live and mind your own business as land was plentiful. And rules were scarce. You would only have to pretend you were a Cristian so you would not be killed.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

If I could be born in and live in another time, it would be in the future. Atleast another 300 to 500 years. My main reason ...... living in space! Ever since I was a little kid, I've always been fascinated by movies or video games that are set in the future. Traveling across the galaxy, visiting other planets, meeting new aliens, etc.....

I dont think I would want to be born anytime before this current age though, as I love my showers, internet, etc.... I guess the farthest date back I could be born in would be 1900.

If I could choose another era to just visit though, it would be during the medieval or dark age era in Europe, or perhaps the time when the Roman empire was at its height. Definitely would not want to actually live in either of those though. Maybe just a few days of visiting would be enough for me before I head back forward in time.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

dude you're a genius i forgot all about woodstock ahh.. some of the greatest artists from all time.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The future all the way for me, just to see what technology we have and how much we've evolved. Like buni11687 said I'd also love the chance to go into space and really see whats out there

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am hesitating between 4000s BC Sumeria and 3000s BC Egypt or golden age of the Greek empire...I guess anytime before the rise of the roman empire....

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind 1800 New England in the USA. That would be a wonderful time period to live in. The lack of modern medicine would be disturbing, but the absence of pollution and absence of hordes of people might make up for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join