It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming soon: Comet you can see without a telescope

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Has anyone seen the comet yet? ...or pictures?

Plenty of people have seen the comet and taken pictures. Where have you been?

I've seen it my binoculars, and many people report seeing it with the naked eye. In binoculars, it looks like a fairly bright fuzzball of light, very easy to find!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Has anyone seen the comet yet? ...or pictures?

Saw it night before last for a second, to many clouds. It will be close to the pleadies this weekend shouldn't be hard to find.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
BAM! Another fantastic image from Damian Peach:

Comet C/2014 Q2 (Lovejoy) on January 11th.

The comet is close now to its maximum brightness and reaches its closet point to the Sun on January 30th. Its easily visible in binoculars. Many fine tail streamers can be seen in this image emanating from the nucleus.

TOA150 with SBIG STL-11k camera. LRGB. Three image mosaic.

Copyright SEN/D.Peach.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Asteroid 2004 BL86, 500m in diameter, will be passing by the earth on Australia Day. For none Australians, Australia Day is January 26th.

NASA says small telescopes and strong enough binoculars should be able to pick it up.

Will be at it's most visible at 4am GMT, at that time it will be visible over Europe Africa and most of the Americas.

People in Australia and Asia will get their best view of it in the early hours of the morning. For Australian's, that might not work out so well, with most probably passed out.

They are saying to look towards Leo, Cancer and Hydra constellations for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The comet is great in binoculars.
Big fuzzy ball, but hard to see a tail in Boston, just too much light pollution. Need to get away from the city to see it properly.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Same for me! this is the only clear view I get in my yard due to trees so yippee Ill be out the next clear night...
also I've been having quite a bit of synchronicity lately...I wonder if there's a connection?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've been underneath some bad weather ,clouds....and the flu....so NO I haven't seen it. Thanks for the rude response wild space. Perhaps you shouldn't judge or be condescending until you know the other persons situation. Clearly I wouldn't have asked if I had seen it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
An epic shot of the comet and the Pleiades, taken by Fritz Helmut Hemmerich:

Full-sized: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Comet Lovejoy, 15 January 2015, 22:30 h UT, mosaic stitched of 2 images, each stacked of 5 subframes a 120 sec. Olympus OM-D M5, ISO 800, Canon 100mm/2.8 macro @2.8, EQ8 mount (piggypack), Tenerife 1200 m alt.

The awesome part? It was shot with a Canon DSLR mounted on a tracking mount. No big fancy telescope. The image is pretty much what we would see if our eyes where huge and could see all that faint light.

~~~

The comet is getting fainter now, so grab every opportunity to see it in the coming nights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join