It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives matter and the agenda to Divide and Conquer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I completely disagree with the OP. You have a problem with the slogan Black Lives Matter? Who cares?! Do you have a problem when groups of people want their voice to be heard? Talk about blame the victim. Where does this conspiracy theory start? With Martin Luther King Jr? That is some judgmental hogwash saying the Black community is dividing itself. Do you think big corporations are not the culprit to divide and conquer? Seriously blaming the Black Lives Matter movement? Where is the evidence of this? As you state in your OP it's your growing opinion of this., so it's not a fact.

This is really disappointing that this is your best attempt as to why America is being divided, the Black Lives Matter movement. Face palm.

How about the media and big record companies putting all their money into Gangsta Rap, pushing out intelligent hip hop off the airwaves like KRS-1, Mos Def etc....but promoting 50 Cent, The Game, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z etc....Do you even have any idea about what happened when Jay-Z started making moves in the industry in the early 90's with Def-Jam and Rockafella records? How about the same tv channel promoting your said segregation but then having commercials using Gangsta Rap? You see the problem? It's corporations destroying all types of communities and definitely not those communities destroying itself. Apply your analogy to another group of people like Hawaiians. You think the Hawaiians are destroying their culture? Do you have any clue what happened when rich racist white businessmen came to Hawaii after statehood? White only beach clubs, and staffing Hawaiians to entertain hula and play ukulele. The Hawaiians aren't destroying their culture, greedy businessmen do.

So are you going to walk up to a sovereignty movement and say, sorry folks you can cut it out, you're Americans now. Orly?

You know what OP and the rest of you. Go ahead and start up your Human Lives Matter. I'm sure you'll find corporations are dividing and conquering humans as a whole. Don't spread hate that a group of people shouldn't be promoting themselves. I don't understand why any of you don't believe in the value of diversity. Instead we should all be humans? That is political correctness that is destroying culture. That is globalization.

Where is your statistical and scientific evidence that contradicts all the claims made about black people on the Black Lives Matter website?? Scientifically prove to me from social data that suggests the black community is not hurting and it's all big conspiracy theory that the black community is pushing an agenda.

Think about this, we went to the Moon, and there is still racists.

Now what is the deal with police brutality? What do you think? What makes a cop look at someone and use excessive force? Do you really think police don't target specific people? Do you think a cop might be able to get away with excessive force because of racial stereotypes? Now what about fast food giants using the ghetto fab script with black actors aired over and over again on TV. Do those commercials impact racial stereotypes? How about Sprite? How about playing Drop it like it's hot, 5 times an hour, all day, every day, on every radio station? That doesn't play a role? Who decides that Drop it like it's hot or any other hot track gets over played on the air? There are only 10 rap songs that come out every years? Orly? Who is behind this decision making? CEO's at big corporations, that's who.

Come to think of it there are multiple excessive force groups:

1. Club Bouncers. Will literally stomp the heck out of someone for being too intoxicated. Completely unnecessary. All over the world.

2. Security Guards. Have been know to use excessive force to skateboarders. All over the world.

3. Soldiers. Have known to go awol and use excessive force. All over the world.

3. Civilians. Have been known to use excessive force towards other people they encounter on the street, sporting events, out shopping, driving, etc.... All over the world. Now we have cyber bullying and trolling.

Where is the Peace? Who is the current "Bob Marley" of the world, or "John Lennon"? What do parents do to encourage their children to be peaceful people and grow up to be great people?

Where do corporations fit in? And now ask yourself where do small activist groups fit in? There is a bigger problem with anti-peace by our big corporations socially and environmentally with their company policies and goals. When did this start? How deep down the rabbit hole do we go? Have the police always used excessive force? And in those cases how often was the person black?

edit on 3-1-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

With Martin Luther King Jr?

I will reply to only this, because it encapsulates youre whole post.........

Martin Luther King Jr, would roll over in his grave if here were witnessing what the black community has become and what they are doing in response to to these sort of things.....

He would speak out against the racial bigotry being displayed by the protesters

He distanced himself from Malcom X for things like this.......

If you want to talk about the situation, and envoke King, then learn about the man and his ideology first......

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I know what you mean, I have seen the memes before.....Martin Luther King Jr also would be introduced to big corporations destroying the world. I don't think he would take a stance blaming the racial stereotypes of black people, or poor people, because that is exactly what you are referencing. Instead he would be wise and understand the system attacking his people, and you can guarantee he would try to "up-lift" the poor black communities, just like countless other black celebrities do, you just don't know about it because I'm going to guess up-lifting poorer communities is something that you don't par-take in.

Martin Luther King Jr passed away in 1968, he didn't even witness the early 80's drug epidemic in the black communities. He also didn't witness the toxic commercialization of black people in the 90's, 2000's, and on.

Martin Luther King Jr was also assassinated, a Nobel Peace Prize winner of for civil rights, using civil disobedience. Imagine if he was never assassinated would the black communities be any better off today? Do you think Martin Luther King Jr would stand for corporations destroying the black community?

It's a racist agenda on it's own to blame and stereotype black people as everything is their own fault, when you have corporations and the government controlling everything.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Great OP. I love what you said and I feel you. It is not about race. There is not a day that goes by that I don't hear about some cop killing a person or someone's dog.

It is out of control.

What about those cops in Utah. Killing homeless people, or those cops in Fullerton, CA that beat a mentally ill man to death.

Shooting a kid with a bb gun. I don't care what the color of his skin is.

There is too much attention being focused upon white cops killing black people. Although I will not deny, it IS an issue. But cops are so out of control.

Man, I could go off on this topic for days. It is just not the street police; it is detectives and prosecutors as well. Those are the real demons. But I have had my say.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

It's a racist agenda on it's own to blame and stereotype black people as everything is their own fault, when you have corporations and the government controlling everything.

Tho i agree that having gov and big pocket bankers controlling everything is horrible, what does that have to do with race?

Here again we have an instance where race isnt involved and youre interjecting it in there........

its not interchangeable.........

you do realize that some of the most wealthy people in the world arent even white , right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
Great OP. I love what you said and I feel you. It is not about race. There is not a day that goes by that I don't hear about some cop killing a person or someone's dog.

It is out of control.

What about those cops in Utah. Killing homeless people, or those cops in Fullerton, CA that beat a mentally ill man to death.

Shooting a kid with a bb gun. I don't care what the color of his skin is.

There is too much attention being focused upon white cops killing black people. Although I will not deny, it IS an issue. But cops are so out of control.

Man, I could go off on this topic for days. It is just not the street police; it is detectives and prosecutors as well. Those are the real demons. But I have had my say.

Im so with you on that, its corrupt from the floor up.......from the boys in blue (again not all of them) to the presecutors to the DA's to the Judges all the way to the top......

The whole system needs to be purged of the corrupt and fixed......

Thanks for stopping by , I always appreciate your input on threads!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
institutional issues ones that run quite deep in the system, and have very long histories, ones that people do not like to talk about.

segregation, and really what is the "undeniable"-racism of the pre-civil-rights-era; the racial-tensions followed by a drug-war that saw the CIA selling coke to street-gangs in order to pay for it's operations.

At the same time, no effort was made to stop the "white flight", as it was seen as a boon to have construction workers and land-developers working. and thus a large portion of the tax-base of the city, which might be utilized in social-measures to curb the effects of urban decay.

soon after, the "Reagan Revolution" saw the industrial/manufacturing heart of america effectively (for a large part) gutted, along with the power of Labor Unions, who would experience more betrayal when clinton took office.(it's worth noting that there are theories surrounding the smuggling of drugs through Mena, Arkansas during Clintons term as governor)
edit on 4-1-2015 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You keep backtracking your OP. You believe that a hashtag is dividing communities more so than big corporations.

That is insanity!

Your OP is completely biased towards whatever garbage the media is putting out. You claim you watch it all the time.

How about in Seattle when a police officer killed a homeless native american man in broad daylight. Police brutality against a non-black person. However a native american person. You don't think with large amount of native american activist groups that if police brutally continued to happen to native americans that they would not stand up for their people being of focused by the police?

Let's look at your OP

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Ive been watching these threads pop up since the summer now. I have to say its really starting to get to me.

Ive seen people discussing ad nauseum about police brutality on black people, and have even seen it said that because of "white privilege" we wouldn't understand.......

Heres the thing, it doesn't matter what your skin color is, brutality is brutality , we dont have to have a skin tone to understand out of control police departments....

Really I think to YOU, it does matter what your skin color is. Want to vent about white privilege? Dude you're all about skin color!

Im so sick and tired of the racial divisiveness coming about over these issues with these black men getting shot by police officers. Out of the ones that have been in the news so far, ive seen ONE that was clearly wrong and that was Eric Garner.

What in the world are you talking about? Where are you seeing real life examples of blacks and whites being more divided than before? Seriously what are you talking about? You are just making stuff up!

Yet day after day we have protest in the streets for these other men.

Really, day after day? What are you talking about??? They would rather cover the protests w/ commentary, than help them.

Day after day some thug goes out and does something stupid to a cop and gets himself killed, and there is another protest.....

This couldn't be a more racist statement and completely ridiculous. Are you promoting that cops go and kill thugs, or is he a non-black thug? This time you didn't label with skin color, but in the context of your thread, I assume you meant black thugs. Where is your proof that day after day, police are getting killed by thugs? Is this maybe a gun problem in the United States? We won't go there because I know you are obviously pro 2nd amendment.

And as I watch these protest on live streams do you know what I hear?

Why don't you stop watching them so much, and being fed propaganda. Yes they would rather film it and let it happen than help the community. The media is commercializing over violence, ignorance, and desperation.

Some of the most racially charged and bigotted things coming out of these black protesters.....

Oh wow are you surprised? And black protesters? You realize nearly all modern protests involve rioting of some sort., and are they all black people? I know for a fact that protests/riots are filled with all colors of the rainbow acting vigilante. No way it's only black protesters. That is insanity that you just said that. So why are you surprised they would be using foul language? And it's only you and other white people that make it racist because you care. You are stirring the pot. It's just words. You want to crucify them for using racial slurs, and then also try to form a conspiracy theory that cops are not targeting black males.

yes the same ones claiming that the cops are the racist ones targeting them.....

I don't know what planet you are on, but if person A is racist to person B, it shouldn't be a surprise to you that person B is racist back to person A. Shocking how you don't understand this verbal exchange.

The real issue isnt color......

The real issue is an out of control police state.......

Huh? Now it's not about color? Your whole OP and title of your thread has been nothing but color. Why did you not make a thread title about police brutality but instead dissing the black lives matter hashtag?

The media and the people playing into this divisiveness are taking the bait hook line and sinker, because as long as we are fighting about color, then we arent addressing the real problem..

Um yeah that being you! But wait are we talking about an out of control police state or divisiveness? Or are they related?

The out of control police departments and the imposing police state.....

Ok so the problem is not divisiveness...but the out of control police state. So why even bring up black people?

If we continue down this path we could end up in a race war here in the US, then you know who wins? The gov who gets to now exercise its heavy handed police force to curb the tide of violence and impose its militaristic rule over its own countrymen.....THATS the end game here if the people of this nation keep up with this rhetoric

Do you feel more hostility to black people or something? Why do you think there will be a race war? Or what do you mean? A war on black people? Perpetrated by the police?

If people really want to see police out of control , if people really want to protest and make a statement and a stand, then stop standing on the principle of race, and start standing on the principle of the PEOPLE, ALL OF THE PEOPLE......

Did you have a few drinks before writing this? What in the world? Yeah you know black people would like to get treated like white people, unless you don't believe that anybody other than a white male is treated differently in America. But honestly what difference would it make if the black lives matter movement was all people matter movement? It's people like you that make it racist because you have a problem with their organization making it black lives matter. Why do they have to be politically correct? That is basically what you are complaining about, the black lives matter is biased towards black people and leaves out many other people. Wow you know what, BIG DEAL.

The videos below are examples of real police brutality , they are videos from people of every creed and color.

So you obviously have a problem with black activist groups, it enrages you that they exist. That's too bad for you. You probably get nervous around a black person thinking they are going to rob or kill you.
edit on 4-1-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Who does Black lives matter to?

www.liveleak.com..

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's funny, don't seem to care or matter about what's happening to their black brothers and sisters.

I guess it discretionary.

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 18-1-2015 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join