It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Year old girl apparently survives plane crash in Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Police in Marshall County, Kentucky are reporting that a seven year old girl rang the doorbell of a house, and told the occupants that she had just survived a plane crash. She was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The wreckage of a Piper PA-34 was found a couple of hours later, and it was confirmed that the pilot and three other passengers were killed in the crash. FAA controllers report that the pilot reported engine trouble before they lost contact.

Piper PA-34

Kentucky State Police say four people have been killed in a small plane crash and a 7-year-old girl apparently survived and walked away from the wreckage.

Sgt. Dean Patterson of the Kentucky State Police says a disoriented 7-year-old girl walked to a home and reported that she had been involved in a plane crash. The resident called 911 and the girl was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

abcnews.go.com...

LYON Co, KY - Kentucky State Police (KSP) say four people were found dead at the scene of a plane crash near the area of KY 810 South in the Suwanee community of Lyon County. They account for the pilot and remaining passengers.

A caller told police that a 7-year-old girl had walked to his home reporting that she had been involved in a plane crash. The girl was taken to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

According to the Mark Garland, Area 1 Regional Manager for Kentucky Emergency Management, the downed aircraft was located deep in a heavily wooded remote area south of the Suwanee community.

The FAA Memphis Center did confirm that there was a distress call from a private aircraft in the area of the reported crash. The last contact was at 1800 feet.

www.wpsdlocal6.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
wow that's wild! Good for her!

Just goes to show: it ain't your time to die 'till it's your time to die.

I wonder how she survived

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
wow that's wild! Good for her!

Just goes to show: it ain't your time to die 'till it's your time to die.

I wonder how she survived

It wasn't her time to die???

I'm teasing. This is great news for her, but having that survivor's guilt is going to be difficult for her to deal with... Especially at such a young age.

I'm glad she survived and agree that if it's not your time... It's just not your time.

edit on 1/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow what is up with all these planes... that little lady is lucky, but she will most likely be scarred from what she seen inside that plane. Hoping she's doing alright, that's a traumatic thing to go through for a 7 year old.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: comatosed

General Aviation has always had a higher accident rate than commercial. They fly lower, in worse weather conditions, have more issues with maintenance, etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

She survived. that's all.

If you have the will to live you can perform miracles under certain circumstances.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

What is even more amazing is that she knew to trust the people she was ringing.

List of sole survivors of air crashes

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yeah, true.. but it just seems lately that these planes are having some seriously bad luck no matter the size or people on board. It's been awhile since we've had 3 big airlines crash in the same year resulting in all casualties. And you're probably right about the smaller ones. It might just be coincidence because they do have a higher crash rate, but lately there's been alot of local airplane crashes that I haven't seen on the news in years. Two of which crashed into houses. Never ever have I seen so many. It's just a really bad year for coincidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: survival

ironic how you're user name fits the story. weird but refreshing in a way.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

wow lucky her although she will need time and help to remove the emotional scars.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: comatosed

They just announced that 2014 is the safest year for air travel among commercial flights. It barely beat out 2012 for safest. The accident rate stands at one fatal accident for every 2.38 million flights.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

lol I fear that I am rather morbidly-inclined

haha

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia
She was probably either kept in the safest place seeing that she's 7 or someone was probably holding/protecting her from the violent impact... Who knows could go a million different ways. But definately not a question i would have though of.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

dang that is how one shakes off death.
i seen a pic on the news she was wearing a shirt that said "you can't stop me"

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A story in the local paper today said the initial investigation is suggesting that the plane ran out of fuel. They were apparently trying to make the airport at Kentucky Dam but crashed about 5 miles short of the air strip. Emergency responders reported that there was no smell of fuel at the crash site. This would explain why the plane didn't catch fire upon crashing.
Sorry I don't have a link for the story, the local paper is subscription only I think.

top topics

join