It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amazing home engineering (model)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Stumbled across this and to be honest it's some of the most amazing home engineering and model building (which I'm not even interested in) that I've ever seen. It's a replica of the motion capture model from RoboCop 2. The attention to detail and effort is staggering and well worth a look if anyone is interested in metalwork etc. He's even got an led screen mounted in the head playing the same sequence that appears in the film. Mods if this is in the wrong forum could you move for me please?

link with pictures

If you like tinkering with tools at home, well worth a look.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

awesome. Wish I had those kind of machining skills!
edit on 2-1-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
a reply to: sg1642

awesome. Wish I had those kind of machining skills!
it's the fact he's sat doing it at home with simple tools and not in a workshop. I'm highly impressed.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think I would rather build a Sauna than build that. It would be a lot less frustrating.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think I would rather build a Sauna than build that. It would be a lot less frustrating.
yeah model building isn't exactly something that floats my boat if I'm honest but if he can do work like that with some simple tools it's pretty impressive.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
airsoft weapons

Some air rifles that he has built. Talented guy.
edit on 0511642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Simply amazing. True piece of art. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to waste a few hours browsing Britmodeller.com. (Sorry ATS!)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That's awesome - just with 3D modelling, you can spend an entire day working on a single piece of geometry and that doesn't even include texture painting. Now to build an entire robot with hundreds of components, each with tens of features like cutouts, bevels and pins, assemble it with all the pieces fitting each other as well as match photographs ...

I hope he can find the time to build a life-size model and have it operated by electric motors.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

yeah model building isn't exactly something that floats my boat if I'm honest but if he can do work like that with some simple tools it's pretty impressive.

Definitely impressive. I don't have the patients to do stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

Definitely impressive. I don't have the patients to do stuff like that.

Me neither not to that degree anyway. Stormcell I hate to imagine what this man could build with the right tools and money. He built that rifle from scratch.

new topics

top topics

join