It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What is/are the Illuminati? I have heard about them, but I don't know where they came from, who they are, or what their agenda is. If you have more info please let me know or point me to a previous post about the subject.

Thanks,
Patrick

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I believe the Illuminati was/is a secret cult consisting of Freemasons that's about two centuries old. The theory of a world conspiracy or "New World Order" suggests that these people influence everything from politics to religion. I believe this alleged group was founded by a German underground 'Hitler' type figure.

www.illuminati.org...
Weird, huh?

Either way I don't know much about the Illuminati, myself. But it does tie in with Satanism and Freemasonry, and was never really proven to have existed.

I'm a retard.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Next time use Google or ATS search engines, they will point you to enormous amount of information so that you can choose whatever you like to read. But now, en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ionic
www.illuminati.org...
Weird, huh?

its a joke site.
This has been covered before, just read through the index thread and the threads in the secret societies section

FSME out

[edit on 14-12-2004 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I love the name. I wonder if they use another language to come up with that name.

I would translate it as: I naughty rude man. That is if I used three different languages to come up with the translation.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Perform a search here on ATS, you will see a 100 threads discussing the illuminati.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you want a detailed explaination on The Illuminati you need to listen to Myron Fagan's lectures. He delves extremly deep into the whole ordeal. www.the7thfire.com...

Read the biography first before you listen to the lectures, it will give you a clear idea about how he knows so much information.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Illuminous]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by npareed
What is/are the Illuminati? I have heard about them, but I don't know where they came from, who they are, or what their agenda is. If you have more info please let me know or point me to a previous post about the subject.

The Illuminati was originally a society of freethinkers and liberals called the Society of Perfectibilis, founded in 1774 at the University of Ingolstadt in Bavaria by Adam Weishaupt, a professor of Natural Philosophy. Both the college and the Bavarian government were under Jesuit control, and, in 1776, Weishaupt was fired for teaching "anti-Christian doctrines", i.e., Deist doctrines, separation of church and state, and secular education.

The Society was re-organized after this incident, and they changed their names to "Illuminati", indicating their allegiance to the "Age of Enlightenment" over what is known as the "dark ages", i.e., the period where all European life was strictly controlled by the Church and its dogma.

Influenced by the American Revolution, Weishaupt re-structured the Illuminati to be similar to Freemasonry and the American secret society called Sons of Liberty who were responsible for launching the Revolution against England (and most probably the Boston Tea Party).

The Jesuit Electorate soon infiltrated the Illuminati with secret agents, and many of their members were arrested for participating in revolutionary activities. Weishaupt fled to Prussia, where he wrote his memoires "In Defense of Illuminism", in exile.

Because the Roman Church wished to completely suppress freethinking societies, they launched a propaganda campaign distorting their agenda. For example, when the Illuminati called for separation of church and state, the Church called this "destruction of Christianity." When the Illuminati called for free, popular democratic elections, the Church called this "anarchy". When the Illuminati called for equal rights between men and women, the Church called this "destruction of the family."

Modern conspiracy theory concerning the Illuminati is a direct descendent of this Jesuit disinformation campaign. In reality, the Illuminati was short-lived, and was always poplulated by government spies who kept tabs on the order's leaders and their agendas.

Famous members of the Illuminati include Weishaupt, Baron Adolph von Knigge, the poet Johannes von Goethe, the alchemist and physician Comte de St. Germaine, and composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Mozart dedicated his final opera, "Die Zauberflote" ("The Magic Flute") to the Illuminati, and to Freemasonry, of which he was also a member.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Was there not also a religous orientated group in Spain/Portugal in the 15th century of the same name also?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Don't forget the Illuminati of Avignon France! Yes, Yes, Germany & Spain & France & England & Switzerland -> the Usual Suspects!

Masonic Light Strikes Again!

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What I understood to be the Illumanti, the Illuminated ones, are the men-god elites at the top of the pyramid of human society. As opposed to the Bavarian or French Illumanti.

As I said in another thread, the higher you go in the pyramid, the more knowledge and power you yeild. At the higher levels of the Illumanti, there are Council of Foreign relations; The trilateral comission; the royal institute of international affairs, the Bilderbergs, the banking families, the skull and bones and the highest order of masons.

Nobody knows who or what is at the top of the pyramid, but what is at the top, is the real Illumanti, and it's very evil.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well, the illuminati cannot be seen or heard. we have theories about them, but we cant really find the evidence we need. i have been trying for months trying to dig up some hardcore information, but i cant seem to find it

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
Was there not also a religous orientated group in Spain/Portugal in the 15th century of the same name also?

There have been several unrelated organizations who have called themselves "illuminati", but the Bavarian order is the favorite child of the conspiracy theorists. The ecclesiastics of that period didn't hold back an inch in trying to demonize Weishaupt and Co.; and since most of the masses at that period were extremely superstitious and uneducated, they bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Illuminati conspiracy theory reached its peak in Nazi Germany, where the official Party line had it that the Illuminati, Jews, and Freemasons were in cahoots to destroy German culture. This Nazi doctrine is practically identical to that of the 17th century opponents of the Illuminati, and they even forged a fake document called "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" to further instill fear in the poplulace. This is the basic premise of mind control: select someone who threatens your personal power and influence, create a "straw man" by demonize them among the superstitious herd, and people begin begging you to "protect" them from the "enemy." The masses are then willing to give up all of their rights in order to be "protected".

Thankfully, conspiracy theory now only exists on the fringes, but we can see the harm done when it is mainstream simply by looking at Hitler's regime.

But I do find it odd that some people on this forum continue to buy into this sort of propaganda. Very few who have a conspiratorial outlook actually know anything about the real history of the Illuminati, and other similiar things, and instead have allowed themselves to become indoctrinated by a handful of bizarre individuals who seem to sit around and invent world conspiracies after their shift at Burger King is over, and post them all over the Internet.

Remember folks: Deny Ignorance!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Masonic Light is making a point. I think we have lost counts on how many threads have appeared about the illuminati and members stating plans on "how to beat them" when we dont know if they exists
to be honest, i have never seen hardcore evidence on the illuminati. Only a so called membership form that was photocopied...looked abit fake to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Extinction of Life on planet Earth!

This would guarantee that they do not succeed, and would furthermore spare aliens of the nasty influence of this paganistic rabble.

Only thing worst than an Illuminati is a Wiccan.

But ok, ill grant that this solution is a bit extreme. But it Works!

If you want to beat the Super-Pragmatist, be Hyper-Pragmatic!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartessian
The Extinction of Life on planet Earth!

This would guarantee that they do not succeed, and would furthermore spare aliens of the nasty influence of this paganistic rabble.

Only thing worst than an Illuminati is a Wiccan.

But ok, ill grant that this solution is a bit extreme. But it Works!

If you want to beat the Super-Pragmatist, be Hyper-Pragmatic!

So the Wiccan religion is worse then the illuminati?

im gonna be nice and let you explain.....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Quote: "The Higher you go in the Pyramid, the more Knowledge and Power you Yeild. At the higher levels of the Illumanti, there are Council of Foreign relations; The trilateral comission; the royal institute of international affairs, the Bilderbergs, the banking families, the skull and bones and the highest order of masons.

Nobody knows who or what is at the top of the pyramid, but what is at the top, is the real Illumanti, and it's very Evil."

I am going to have to Disagree with that last part! OK what we all need to understand is that these are all just names of Organizations! Point to the Location of the "Council on Foreign Relations" in Space/Time! Do they hide? Are they headquartered at the top of some "Mountain of Doom"? No - they have meetings in Conference Halls just like any other Corporation! My point is that all of this stuff is Impermanent! People join & leave Organizations all of the Time! People Die too!

Getting to the other point - it is the KNOWLEDGE that these "Societies/Fraternities/Orders" Hold that is Important! In Life we are supposed to Learn & Grow! The more Knowledge & Wisdom that we Gain the more Power this gives us - "Net Worth" & all that! In my opinion to thwart somebody�s God given Right to Mental/Consciousness Expansion is Evil! Ignorance & Fear of the Unknown - that is Evil! Being Rich & Selfish - Not using your Wealth to ensure the well being of your Community - that is Evil! The Top of the Pyramid - that is not Evil - that is the LIGHT!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Another thing i would like to point out about the illuminati, all the insider stories are too bizzare (Even David Icke thinks that aswell) to believe and hardly have no proof to back up claims.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, we know for sure that they DID exist, we just aren't completely sure if they still do. I'd bet that there's an 85% chance that they do. The world is a messed up place right now, someone has to take the blunt of it all, and I blame the illuminate, despite what others believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by faddinglight
Well, we know for sure that they DID exist, we just aren't completely sure if they still do. I'd bet that there's an 85% chance that they do. The world is a messed up place right now, someone has to take the blunt of it all, and I blame the illuminate, despite what others believe.

there were numerous illuminati groups that have existed, but we dont know which one still exists. Bavarian illuminati is what most conspiracy theories link back to

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join