It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionary Economists.... Need your input.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's the premise:

We've developed cognitive abilities that provided evolutionary advantages over tens of thousands of years. These abilities gave us advantages in the "wild," for lack of a better word.

Now we have technology. Our "wild" is the corporate economy. The same qualities that provided an evolutionary edge hunting tigers don't necessarily provide an edge in an office environment.

Or do they?

Where do you see the vulnerabilities? What "edges" are ripe for exploiting? Where are the opportunities, that, if you are aware of where an edge is no longer an advantage, you could win the modern day survival of the fittest?

From my observations, I can hypothesize that there is a huge edge in non-traditional gender qualities. Females with masculine qualities paired with beta males is the winning combination.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1
The current idea of economics is what I like to think of as a Cliff Edge model. We either find some goats or fall off.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Thoughts?

You seem to have got personal achievement and reproductive success confused. It is true that high-status indivuiduals get better mating opportunities but, as you may have noticed, the poor outbreed the rich. The ability to win at social competition does not guarantee posterity in humans.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
The same qualities that provided an evolutionary edge hunting tigers don't necessarily provide an edge in an office environment.
Or do they?

Not all. I'd propose that Sociopathic behavior is increasing because people are more successful in the current business environment having no concerns for anyone else's feelings or success. I haven't any evidence to support this hypothesis however.

Where do you see the vulnerabilities? What "edges" are ripe for exploiting? Where are the opportunities, that, if you are aware of where an edge is no longer an advantage, you could win the modern day survival of the fittest?

I think one of the most exploited edges lately has been white collar crime like Bernie Madoff. The profits from this type of crime has been astronomical and only recently have criminal penalties even been handed out. Typically it was a slap on the wrist and give back the money you have left.

The next edge of opportunity is possibly in fraudulent hi tech start ups. Millions are being thrown at young entrepreneurs with minimal due diligence based on reputations. I'd be surprised if cons haven't taken place and the large corps and money men simply cover it up so as not to look stupid handing out so much money to a fake.

From my observations, I can hypothesize that there is a huge edge in non-traditional gender qualities. Females with masculine qualities paired with beta males is the winning combination.
Thoughts?

Now if your talking about reproductive evolution and 'winning' I'd suggest that beta males don't provide the aggressive gene's that an alpha female would want her children to have.
I'd suggest an alpha female to reproduce with alpha males, keep the children a secret and continue using different alpha males for more children. After the children are procreated then choose a Beta male to assist in stability and raising them.

new topics

top topics

join