It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that happened to my sister shortly after the death of her husband

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I lost my 59 year old mother 5 months ago due to cancer, and she slipped into a coma for about a week. A few weeks before, I asked her and she promised me that after she's gone, she'll come back down and male her presence known. Nothing has happened yet, but I still hope it will happen.
So reading this thread has made me a bit more hopeful.

I'm very sorry for all your losses.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: porschedrifter

Thank you for sharing. My condolences and prayers go out to you. I hope she will make her presence known soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Its called “After Death Communication” (ADC) and its so common that I actually heard about it from a relative that was a counselor with hospice. I spoke with him after strange things went on for several weeks after my father passed away (TV's, lights, etc). He immediately knew what it was, and admitted to me that he hears this stuff all the time. It should stop after a few weeks, if it continues to go on, then you might have a problem. I'm not sure if it is something that is caused by the person themselves, their grief, the actual deceased, or something else, but like I said it is something that should stop fairly quickly. It's unhealthy for the grieving person to not let go at some point.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I too have had a similar experience -- after reading somewhere "sometimes they don't know what to do to get your attention, so tell them! It also said they find it easier to manipulate electricity, so "suggest something in that area."

So I did tell her. And she did what I asked. I remember crying and saying "thank you, thank you".

Yep.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Another ATS poster had a story told about her late grand-father old radio started to play when she and her husband got married on their honeymoon. The old radio hadn't worked in years. i reminded that even after we past, we might come back to the earthly plane to revisit and look after our love ones.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for your replies. They give me comfort and will also give my sister comfort. My brother in law was a great guy. I really miss him and the world is a little sadder place without him. I have to believe that he is there with my sister and will continue to be around to comfort her as she goes through this terrible time.

I do believe now that sometimes our dearly departed ones will hang around a little or come back just when we need them. I hope all of you who have had visits have been comforted.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The dead are unconscious. They will receive a resurrection in the future, in a paradise earth, in perfect conditions. This should warm everone's heart.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

as everyone else has said already - this is a lovley story, touching and makes me very hopeful - Thank You for sharing.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for your responses.

I have been talking to my sister on the phone at least once a week. She's looking to sell the house she has lived in for several years and relocate closer to me and my parents. She's going on job interviews to be closer to where she wants to live.

In the last few weeks, the lights in her basement have been going on at odd times. She has made it a point to make sure all the lights are turned off throughout the house before she goes to work. She gets home from work, and the lights in the basement are on again. Her husband was a musician, and used to jam and play his instruments in the basement to unwind.

She and I are both convinced that he's continuing to make his presence known. We're not sure what it means at this point. I know he wants her to be happy. I know she wants to move on with her life and move elsewhere. It's just all kind of confusing at this point. I don't know if he doesn't want her to move or what. We're just taking things as they come.

So I'm just doing all I can to support her and hope that she isn't too sad. I cannot imagine losing my spouse, and I don't think it's something one ever gets over.

I greatly appreciate all the kind responses I've had to this thread. I passed on many of your responses to my sister, and I believe it's given her great comfort.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have had many experiences of my own, i suppose Im sensitive or something. One friend called me scarily perceptive to such things but I think it's just more about paying attention.

I am happy for you and your sister, I am glad she got the message she needed. I am also glad it gave you peace even if you aren't a big believer in such things.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join