It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythical Tomb Of Osiris Discovered In Sheikh Abd el-Gourna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I found this to be very interesting, this would be the second one found, the first being under the Sphinx

The Archaeological Mission Canaria-Tuscany, in cooperation with the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, has discovered, in the Necropolis of the Nobles in Luxor, a replica of the tomb dedicated to the god Osiris.

This funerary complex was discovered by the Spanish-Italian mission in the archaeological location marked as number 327 in the area of Sheikh Abd el-Gourna. According to researchers it is a small replica of the design of the “Osireion” built under the command of Egyptian pharaoh Seti I in the city Abydos, Luxor (southern Egypt). On the north wall of this complex an entrance was discovered that leads to stairs to the funerary complex dedicated to one of the most important Ancient Egyptian deities Osiris.

Tomb

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Osiris is supposedly buried in Sais according to Herodotus and not in Sheikh Abd el-Gourna.

There is also at Saïs the burial-place of one whose name I think it impious to mention in speaking of such a matter; it is in the temple of Athena, behind and close to the length of the wall of the shrine. [2] Moreover, great stone obelisks stand in the precinct; and there is a lake nearby, adorned with a stone margin and made in a complete circle; it is, as it seemed to me, the size of the lake at Delos which they call the Round Pond.
-Herodotus, II, 170

-MM
edit on 2-1-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

According to myth, when Set dismembered him, didnt he bury him throughout the world?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Very cool, the number 327 seems to keep popping up everywhere !

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Right. And as Isis found each body part, so the legend goes, she set up a certain memorial site/temple, right where she found it, for that body part. So there should be, at least, 13 (?) “Osireion”.
edit on 2-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Exactly, so 11 more should be found...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You'd think with all of our technology we'd have found all 13 of them by now, if anyone who had the resources was really looking, there could be reasons they're not.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Yea if they prove the existence of Osiris, that he was a real man Nimrod, then Set or the Sethian line, Noah's boy Shem was real, the rest of the story is real. Best just to keep him on the "mythical" list.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Very interesting find and thanks for posting, it's a shame the website had to give it such an exaggerated title though, it's more than cool enough already given it's history.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I betcha we can ask good old Zahi Hawass, I bet he knows the location of each Osiron

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

But doesn't this give us a background of myths coming from all over the place and very different eras. When looking at two major characters - with Nimrod legitimised on clay tablet up in Babylon and around the time of the mysterious and never proved Abraham, then we have Isis born on the first day of creation, is it that likely that they ever met?

Until you can prove the actual existence of an abraham the guy simply is a figment of one group's imagination and the necessary root they attach themselves to to qualify their line of existence. We have no documents apart from the clay ones that seem to be a hot potato and pretty much left in dark corners of museums with some probably still under the sand. But we do get carried away and abraham has not turned up in any of the clay tablets to give him any legitimacy whatsoever. Isis have a line of adoration spread well around with many of the pantheon's goddesses being a portrayal of her and her perceived role - goddess of creation, magic and rebirth. Its probably the rebirth part that keeps her out of the limelight with many current investigations as that alone opens usp a can of worms that don't fit the papacy etc.

Its great though that this has been discovered but HomerinNC's suggestion about contacting that bag of wind Hawass would be a sheer waste of time. I found him exasperating and found something there I can't quite lay my hand on, but its another agenda I think he seemed to aligh with.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I was kidding about Zahi, hes a moron

top topics

join