It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard intercepts Pak 'terror' boat off Indian coast, occupants blow themselves up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

www.ndtv.com...

NTRO's interceptors who first chanced upon a conversation that spoke of "delivering valuable cargo" on the India coast and that "arrangements were made to receive it on the Western sea coast"

The call had originated in Karachi.

Intelligence sources say going by the intercepts and the movement of the boat, it can be concluded that it was carrying deadly explosives and possibly guns meant for delivery on the Western sea board of India to a predetermined spot and a group of people.

The boat was intercepted on the night of 31st December . Wonder if they were planning another 26/11 type massacre . If i remember correctly the terrorists in the terrorists during 26/11 Mumbai terror attack came by boat too ...

www.thehindu.com...

The explosion was triggered by a fire set off by a four-member crew after the Indian Coast Guard intercepted the vessel near the India-Pakistan maritime boundary.

The Coast Guard ships and aircraft spotted a suspicious fishing boat 365 km off Porbandar in the Arabian Sea, following intelligence inputs that one such boat from Keti Bandar near Karachi was planning some illicit transaction.

Surveillance Picture from Dornier Do 228 by Indian coast guard

An intelligence based midnight operation was conducted on night of December 31 and January 1 by the Indian Coast Guard ships and aircraft to intercept a suspicious fishing boat in Arabian Sea near Indo-Pak maritime boundary, approximately 365 km from Porbander

There were earlier reports of terror attacks ahead o the Obama visit to India . I wonder if this was supposed to be it ...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

The explosion was triggered by a fire set off by a four-member crew after the Indian Coast Guard intercepted the vessel

Why would they "starts a fire" to set off all the 'explosives on board'? If they wanted to blow themselves up they could just set them off directly.

Fishy story only the fishes know now.

sinodefenceforum
edit on 2-1-2015 by intrptr because: link

ETA: I see, from the other link…

The hot pursuit continued for nearly one hour and the Coast Guard ship managed to stop the fishing boat after firing warning shots. Four persons were seen on the boat who disregarded all warnings by the Coast Guard ship to stop and cooperate with investigation. Soon thereafter, the crew hid themselves in below deck compartment and set the boat on fire, which resulted in explosion and major fire on the boat.

edit on 2-1-2015 by intrptr because: further

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The explosives were probably not set up with detonators, timers, etc. They usually don't travel with them ready to go. When they saw the authorities coming they only had time to start a conflagration fire which would destroy the explosives and them. It was just a matter of timing.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's crazy how everyone seems to focus on Russia, China and North Korea as the starting point for WWIII but if TSHTF, it's gonna start between Pakistan and India.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: planetyeck
It's crazy how everyone seems to focus on Russia, China and North Korea as the starting point for WWIII but if TSHTF, it's gonna start between Pakistan and India.

Agreed.... I've long thought that the borders of India, contesting with Pakistan and China would be the catalyst for our next overt world war.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The longer I live, the less I understand the mentality of that kind of person who lives only to destroy others it would seem. Congratulations to India. Glad to see vigilance is in place there.

OP, your top link brought me to an error page. Here is the one I found on that site.
edit on 2-1-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

www.ndtv.com...

NTRO's interceptors who first chanced upon a conversation that spoke of "delivering valuable cargo" on the India coast and that "arrangements were made to receive it on the Western sea coast"

What the XYZ is the Americian Coast Guard doing off India?????????????????????? I throught it was the US Coast Guard not the US International Coast Guard???????????

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
What the XYZ is the Americian Coast Guard doing off India?????????????????????? I throught it was the US Coast Guard not the US International Coast Guard???????????

Ever thought of reading the actual story? As if you had read it you would have seen "Indian Coast Guard intercepted a suspicious Pakistani fishing boat, laden with explosives, in the Arabian Sea in the early hours of January 1."

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Intelligence sources say going by the intercepts and the movement of the boat, it can be concluded that it was carrying deadly explosives

Well yes boats carrying TNT are well known for going up and down as waves hit them.

Chances are it was blown out of the sea by gun boats and they are looking for an excuse.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Perhaps the crew didn't start the fire, the article does mention the Coast Guard fired off warning shots. After a certain point, they aren't meant as a warning.

top topics

join