It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something From Nothing? The Origin And Subsequent Inflation Of The Singularity.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Something from nothing? Really? In the middle ages the scientists of the day were avid proponents of "spontaneous generation", the idea that maggots sprung into existence in rotting flesh. And that was a long held assumption. And now in 2015 we have scientists who say the singularity arose out of nothing. And not only that, they also say that even with nothing to act on the singularity, it somehow was moved to change its state and begin to inflate(the big bang). So no need for a cause to lead to the effect, apparently. So did something arise from nothing and eventually lead to us? What say you, ATS?
There is an important part of my opening post that everyone seems to be ignoring.
Newton's first law states an object in motion stays in motion and an object at rest stays at rest and Newton's third law states for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So what action caused a singularity at rest to have this equal and opposite reaction with the reaction being the inflation of the singularity? There seems to be a clue in that the reaction(inflation of the singularity) is the opposite of and equal to whatever the original action was. Let's try and figure that out.
edit on 1/4/2015 by MissSmartypants because: more info

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Though actually Einstein alluded to there being a creator.

Then Einstein was right because DNA is far to complicated to happen by accident as a lightning bolt hit a bubble on a pond that just happen to contain the right molicules to create life.

The creator was a team of developers or a network of super computers and each of us are just a cog in the software that they built to better understand or improve themselves in the same way as us here on plant earth build and use computers.

You cannot argue with the logic because its just what we ourselves are doing today but the big bit i don't get from my theory is why we human avatars need to sleep so long so maybe you would like to help me out here.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Just to clarify ... I am trying to think of an object that is Not in motion ... surely everything is moving to some degree.

Yes perhaps singularity reaches a critical point meaning if this Universe compressed into a point of singularity it would all begin again

But if you look at the way the Universe expands ie stars and galaxies form there are many big bangs within the big bang

Just a few thoughts

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Then Einstein was right because DNA is far to complicated to happen by accident as a lightning bolt hit a bubble on a pond that just happen to contain the right molicules to create life.

The creator was a team of developers or a network of super computers and each of us are just a cog in the software that they built to better understand or improve themselves in the same way as us here on plant earth build and use computers.

You cannot argue with the logic because its just what we ourselves are doing today but the big bit i don't get from my theory is why we human avatars need to sleep so long so maybe you would like to help me out here.

Recently after a night of unusually intense and vivid dreaming I pondered the idea of what if our dreaming selves were our true selves and reality and we only awoke out of necessity to feed and care for our physical bodies before we could go back to our real dreaming lives.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The appearing existence that you are seeing now is nothing more than a vivid dream.
The dreamer is what is real - but does the true dreamer ever appear?

The true dreamer is the thing that is not a thing out of which all of existence appears.
The singularity is dreaming.

edit on 4-1-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

I feel the Creator created us as individuals each with free will so we could continue the creation process with our thoughts and ideas and insights so the Creator will have an ongoing creation to "better understand'.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: elysiumfire

spy66:

The Universal constant did not exist before the Big Bang. The universal constant came into existance at the same time as the Big Bang took Place and formed Our universe.

Oh dear, I give up.

My dear fellow, I am not referring to Einstein's constant of light speed. I am referring to the principle that...

From absolute nothing, you get absolutely nothing.
Apologies if I somehow confused you.

But the absolute nothingness is something. It justs that it have not produced matter yet.

If you dont have any matter and particles you have a absolute neutral infinite space of nothingness. That Space is still something, and it exists. Before the Big Bang there were no particles or matter. All matter and particles were created during the expanding singularity.

It is not easy to provide proof of a absolute empty space. But that has a logical answer. Our universe i very big and we cant see past it.
On all those PBS shows that I watch about quantum physics, they say that space did not exist before the big bang. Space/time began along with everything else.

Space time is refered to the time after the initial singularity was formed. Not before.

That means time and Space as we know it, is only ralated to the properties of the singularity, our "expanding universe" and nothing else.

That is why we say that there was no time or space before the Big Bang.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

spy66:

The Universal constant did not exist before the Big Bang. The universal constant came into existance at the same time as the Big Bang took Place and formed Our universe.

Oh dear, I give up.

My dear fellow, I am not referring to Einstein's constant of light speed. I am referring to the principle that...

But the absolute nothingness is something. It justs that it have not produced matter yet.

If you dont have any matter and particles you have a absolute neutral infinite space of nothingness. That Space is still something, and it exists. Before the Big Bang there were no particles or matter. All matter and particles were created during the expanding singularity.

It is not easy to provide proof of a absolute empty space. But that has a logical answer. Our universe i very big and we cant see past it.
On all those PBS shows that I watch about quantum physics, they say that space did not exist before the big bang. Space/time began along with everything else.

Space time is refered to the time after the initial singularity was formed. Not before.

That means time and Space as we know it, is only ralated to the properties of the singularity, our "expanding universe" and nothing else.

Thank you for putting what I just said in your own words. If you want to add a few of your own thoughts rather than just reformulating mine, they would be most welcome.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

spy66:

Oh dear, I give up.

Thank you for putting what I just said in your own words. If you want to add a few of your own thoughts rather than just reformulating mine, they would be most welcome.

Dont you get it still? Do you really think Our universe is the only physical Space time that exists?

There is at least one other physical Space time present out side Our universe. The one that formed Ours, You know; The singularity.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join