It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live better on Welfare then I ever did working!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kismetpair927
a reply to: PaladinRoden

From your own numbers, you were behind in monthly costs $380 dollars.

Could you have cut day-care to 2 or 3 days a week? If you cut out daycare by itself you'd be UP almost $1,200.
DSHS can pay for daycare too. Are there any stay-at-home-moms in your neighborhood who'd watch the kids? My friend has a tiny home daycare and the rate is $100/wk/kid. There are lots of options, friend, I suppose everyone is having issue not seeing what other alternatives besides government funding that you tried.

I totally get the over qualification thing, I was working as barista along side kids who had just graduated with Masters. Thats why I quit school after a couple years---gunna be flippin' burgers or making coffee anyways.

Most day cares have weekly rates, there is no discount for fewer days, at least around me.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm thinking whomever came up with the idea of providing 'assistance' thought it would be a 'tool' and not the main goal?? It was designed to assist those who needed the assistance and NOT the end result. Being a learned individual what do You think Your (and "ours", the taxpayers...) kids are learning?

I'd be curious as to what "Our kids" will share when it gets to "Bring a parent to school" night? That is unless You don't stick 'our kids' into the Sarbonne or some east coast Prep School, and if You go this route don't forget the "Gap Year" I'd think they 'deserve' or are ENTITLED to a year on the French Riviera...

Do they also have cell phones and $125 pairs of sneakers?

Now let Me ask You this question, in which I've never received an answer:

If Your surroundings are so crappy, why would You bring children into the equation?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Utter nonsense. This thread is a hoax.

Unfortunately this is not nonsense.

This is by far one of the best and most informative threads on ATS in a very long time.

I work in the housing industry these days and can tell you that section 8 pays huge portions of the rent, and to any landlord that is approved and will accept it, if the tenant can't pay the full amount they are responsible for the remainder. For instance if the rent is $1,200.00 section eight may pay for $800.00 of it.

Student loans are only forgivable these days like the OP says, so basically people have to go broke and live off of welfare to get the debt forgiven. Student loans are what is called secured debt, very, very difficult to dodge or get out of, even with bankruptcy, but it seems that there is an Achilles heal and the OP found it.

As for 86 k a year?

Do the math from the OP's monthly costs after everything is said and done plus taxes, they don't have much left over, or like they said negative numbers.

A study was done on stay-at-home moms and found that, in many cases, the amount of money made vs child care was basically a wash, so the family basically suffered for both parents working.

These numbers add up and so does the story.

And like I said I have plenty of experience these days working in the housing industry, and see similar situations like this everyday.

Peace RT

edit on 2-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Grow the F up!

Life sucks and it is hard.

Deal with the facts.

Do you think you are the first couple/family to deal with these issues. NO YOU ARE NOT!

That's part of the GD problem.

Grow a backbone and thick skin buddy.....your gonna need it.

Life is F'n hard for the rest of the 99%.

Sorry if I come across harsh but, I'm just being honest.

What is wrong with you? Take a Midol and try to relax. But for crying out loud stop acting like you have the secrets to a successful life. And especially stop Judging everyone. In other words (following the same line of speech as you) STFU !!!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Apparently a sense of pride so strong that you can NEVER admit when you need help, ALWAYS be able to judge others with impunity, and NEVER abuse a system that constantly abuses you is the key to a successful life.

A touch of implied holier than thou superiority is also a nice touch.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I work in the housing industry these days and can tell you that section 8 pays huge portions of the rent, and to any landlord that is approved and will accept it, if the tenant can't pay the full amount they are responsible for the remainder. For instance if the rent is $1,200.00 section eight may pay for $800.00 of it.

How often is the wait list opened to new listings, if you don't mind my asking? How many years is the wait list for families in your area? Where I live, the wait list has been closed for the past 4 years, and there is an approximate 9 year wait for those who ARE on the list.

Disabled veterans and elderly over the age of 82 get first priority.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Instead of judging from a pedestal and telling us you live in an upscale area why not tell us your story?

The OP actually took the time to inform, but your post is nothing but judgmental and abusive.

Perhaps you could share you story of success with us?

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Boo freaking hoo!

Sorry, not trying to be a Debbie downer but,
YES it is possible.

I've been a stay at home mom for almost 12 years.

We live in one of the most expensive parts of the country. (outskirts of DC)

If there is a damn will...guess what....there is a God Damn Way!

We Are Proof.

It takes SACRIFICE!
That is the key that most spoiled people will NOT accept!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Not much of a wait list here in the Detroit area, because people seem to get approved quickly here.

Where do you live?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Maybe keep her legs closed and the head you are obviously thinking with in your pants until you could afford kids?

Basically you sold out to the lowest common denominator and are making the rest of us suffer.. Kuddos to you and your welfare family... Hope you are proud and your children learn a good lesson about hard work or your lack of it..

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I wonder, what kind of values are you teaching your children? remember, they learn by example.
The system is supposed to be there for those who need a TEMPORARY bit of relief.

At the end of the day, you are the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror and be OK with your choices. Just be glad that some are willing to work and PAY TAXES so you can "spend more time with the kids".

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I'm thinking whomever came up with the idea of providing 'assistance' thought it would be a 'tool' and not the main goal?? It was designed to assist those who needed the assistance and NOT the end result.

Tell that to the corporations milking us for every tax dollar they can in subsidies. IF capitalism works, let the free market decide, instead of propping up these bloated monopolies that make trillions and pay little into a system that they take so much out of.

At least poor folks are spending the money that they get from the system and not putting it in offshore tax dodges and paying China to make products there.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I seriously can't believe the amount of judgmental members on ATS.

Instead of trying to understand the situation, and learn from the information provided by the OP; members are striking out like a bunch of rabid animals.

The OP didn't have to post anything, or say anything, but yet they did.

This country and ATS is in worse shape than I thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I'm not a Grinch. If they were disabled or unable to find work, I would be supportive of his assistance.

Hi "lady"...

I was going through the thread and obviously your comments and the other's extremely polite "lady" that I already replied too, got my attention. In between the lines, I don't understand: what makes you think that the op gives a rat's @ss for your approval or disapproval on his actions?

p.s. Suggestion to the owners of this bulletin board: Please do install a PMS SENSOR. All people who subscribe to this status shouldn't be allowed to write until their system is free of bitchiness. Otherwise ranting is going to be the new style of ATS. End of rant :p

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Nyiah

And finally, you need to learn to shop for your groceries better.

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read that they were spending 800dollars a month on food & drink...

Also 100 dollars a month for 2 phones was a bit wierd... Find a better provider...

My phone bill is £21 a month which is about 32 dollars...
That's unlimited minutes, unlimited 3G & 1000 free texts...

My missus pays about £30 a month which is about 45 dollars...
Good 4G data with unlimited calls & texts...

That's 25 dollars less than the OP a month.

Sorry to rant off on you Nyiah, you just brought it to mind.

$100 a month for two phones is pretty average here.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Southern California. It's not about eligibility here, it's about limited resources and the availability of funds.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The difference here is that before, you were a participating member of our society. You are now a leech on the system when you CAN be supporting yourselves. You can support yourself, you are able to support yourself, but instead...you made a conscious decision to steal from government assistance and in turn, steal from all of us that continue to work.

If you think leech was a tough word...I have quite a bit more for a blood-sucking thief that DECIDED to steal from me and my children by not supporting yourself.

But I'll hold my tongue.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

The OP didn't have to post anything, or say anything, but yet they did.

This country and ATS is in worse shape than I thought.

The math is fine. The thread is informative. I don't doubt the story.

But do you fully comprehend the fact that in order for the welfare system to exist, SOMEONE has to pay taxes in order for there to be money to fund it?

Seeing a person with a disability, or something that makes them not able to survive, is what I think of when I think a person deserves public assistance.

A person who is fully capable of earning a living, yet chooses to do as the OP suggested will not get any respect from me. Cost of living too high? Lower it. Make better choices. Instead of going to college and racking up huge debt, why not go int he military and let the GI bill pay for your school? Or if the cost of your house is too much, move into a smaller house.

If everyone decided to live like the OP, guess what? the welfare system would stop existing. Do the math.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
OK...rant time! I've read through the rest of this thread now and have something to say.

Apparently the liberal asses have already won. Welcome to the system you elected them to install. The government will take everything you make and distribute it back in a "fair" manner to the people. Obviously, they will take their cut...their ever-growing salary and provide you with enough to survive. You may even do well until everyone starts doing the same thing. Then the payouts will dwindle. Yes...this system can't support itself forever and will fail. And the little bit you ever get back will be used against you. Shoot off your mouth...your opinion? Lose a little of that payout. Don't vote they way they want...lose some more. THIS is your slavery! They will teach and control your children, tell you what you can and can't do...and you will have nothing to say about it. AND YOU NOT ONLY MADE IT POSSIBLE...you asked for it.

THAT is where this is going...and everyone knows it. The OP is helping make this possible, the corporations and government win and we all lose. People like that should be hung.
edit on 1/2/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If everyone decided to live like the OP, guess what? the welfare system would stop existing. Do the math.

Isn't this a conundrum. And math has also been my best subject.

People are seeing how politicians and bankers are fleecing the masses, so instead of constructively putting back the system, they are passively-aggressively doing the same their leaders are doing.

The reason the OP is informative and interesting is that is shows what is happening on a mass scale these days.

But hey when you think the money is going to run out, just remember this interesting tidbit.

The only thing valuable in a fiat currency is "Sweat equity", everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Peace,

RT

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
OK...rant time! I've read through the rest of this thread now and have something to say.

Apparently the liberal asses have already won. Welcome to the system you elected them to install. The government will take everything you make and distribute it back in a "fair" manner to the people.

Democrats want to give money to Corporations to help the poor.
Republicans want to give money to the Corporations to help the rich.

You want to blame one side of the coin.

Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join