It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live better on Welfare then I ever did working!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Last thought to those slaves.... err hard workers.

As a boss, nothing pisses me off more than my workers acting like they do such hard work and complaining about how bad people who "work the system are".

Yes, there are good workers but over the course of the last 15 years, work ethic has fallen off the face of the planet. I see harder work for less money when I vacation in Mexico.

When I see that and hear this kind of stuff I want to remind you "good workers" (that aren't actually good at what I'm paying you) you re suckling off my teet more than these people are off your tax money. (Relatively, of course.)

Don't bother responding, looking up my next rental property.

Residual Income. [snip]
edit on 3-1-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManufacturedDissent

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
OP...just wanted to throw this out there. If we were all living in a town a few hundred years ago with many of us farming, building, being doctors, etc, while others that are injured, sick, old, etc. benefited from our work. You would be the one refusing to work and faking an illness just to get the benefits we willingly give to the needy. That to me...assuming any of your story is true...makes you a piece of crap. And if in this town you were discovered to be a fraud, you would likely be kicked out to fare for yourself in the woods...or die. And would completely understand and support that decision by the townspeople.

But it's not a few hundred years ago. It's 2015 and there are programs that people "take advantage of". In my mind you're an idiot for even using this example because a few hundred years ago isn't today. Circumstances today aren't the same.

OP sounds smart(er than you at least) and I'm sure if it's life or death he makes it work in the tribe.

Well...in my mind you are not only an ass to support this vulture, but apparently have no morals, values or self-respect. But that is your choice. My choice by working hard and supporting my family is not only an obligation that I made when I got married and decided to have children, it is also a obligation I made to myself. And just for the record, a slave can't choose whom they work for. A free man can and does. My working for both my own businesses and another, is my choice and I still make time for my family. A slave to the government is a slave for life. And you sir...besides being of no moral caliber, are...well...a prick in your presentation and response. [snip]
edit on 3-1-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As a boss [...] you re suckling off my teet

A teet that is filled with the milk of human kindness, no doubt.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Wait a second...

I'm an educated professional who has no clue what he he is doing...(been with 12 employees the last 15 years).

I'm doing something with cellphone technology right now (don't ask, I have no clue either) and bring home 38.000,- a year. My wife is a stay-at-home-mom and we have 4 kids!!!

Yet I manage to take my lovely wife to diner every month (without the kids!!!) and have a wonderful 3-weeks holiday in Italy every year.

How come the difference is so big between America and Europe??

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Wait a second...

I'm an educated professional who has no clue what he he is doing...(been with 12 employees the last 15 years).

I'm doing something with cellphone technology right now (don't ask, I have no clue either) and bring home 38.000,- a year. My wife is a stay-at-home-mom and we have 4 kids!!!

Yet I manage to take my lovely wife to diner every month (without the kids!!!) and have a wonderful 3-weeks holiday in Italy every year.

Peace

Because America has become a nation of many blood-suckers who would rather sit on their asses watching TV than being a productive, self-sufficient member of a society. Got any room across the pond?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

That's the way insurance works. We all pay into it, and when the need arises, we are able to draw from that fund.

Unemployment an disability insurance are no different.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It is a perfect illustration of the "Me" Generation.

When Momma told them "You're Special"...This Generation believed it.

Now, they can all Get Off My Lawn !!!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Last thought to those slaves.... err hard workers.

As a boss, nothing pisses me off more than my workers acting like they do such hard work and complaining about how bad people who "work the system are".

Yes, there are good workers but over the course of the last 15 years, work ethic has fallen off the face of the planet. I see harder work for less money when I vacation in Mexico.

When I see that and hear this kind of stuff I want to remind you "good workers" (that aren't actually good at what I'm paying you) you re suckling off my teet more than these people are off your tax money. (Relatively, of course.)

Don't bother responding, looking up my next rental property.

Residual Income. Look it up morons.

Ohhhhhh....now I get it. You are the slumlord providing the section 8 housing (ha-ha-ha-ha). A leech supporting a leech. Enjoy your bedfellows

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I never understood how a nation of hard working people (which, in my head, Americans are) could fall to this level of dispair (if I may call it that?).

As a kid growing up and a dad who worked for TexasIntruments, I'm very familiar with the American work-ethic.

How could a nation of hard working people fall so hard??

I get 40 days paid leaf a year, a 13th month salary and a Christmas bonus yet you guys seem to work double shift, make impressive salaries (100K a year) but can hardly pay the mortgage??

Somebody is being screwed and I think it's time you guys stand up for yourselfs!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Wait a second...

Peace

Its quite simple really, in Eurpoe you have great social programs like univeral healthcare, universal free education and government supported childcare. I understand you pay high taxes, however the middle class pay high taxes as well. If you take all the different forms of taxes middle class americans pay its nearly half their gross income which may be similar or more then what you pay in taxes. Yet, the government doesn't invest in higher education, univeral healthcare, nor childcare and as a result healthcare, childcare and student loans takes up the other half of the income leaving nothing to pay bills. What many don't relaize that there are people out there like me who can't rely on grandma or grandpa watch the kids while I work saving me in childcare cost, I don't have family to give me a leg up by paying for my college education, I don't have family financial support who can help with a down payment on a home. So all those who had the help of family and friends make it they turn and scold those who don't and seek help as a result. Its a sad state of affairs that many older generations don't understand and many will never try.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well since we are talking finance here let's break it down for my situation as of this moment...(location: Germany)

I make 3000,- a month before taxes (2135,- on my bank account each month)

State pays me 900,- a month for taking care of 4 children (195,- a child or something...)

my wife has a 12-hours a week tax-free job (government won't tax any job under 450,- euro's)

that's 3435,- euro a months after taxes for my whole family.

I have to pay 800,- on morgage a month and an other 800,- on electricity, water, gas and all the other stuff like garbage etc..

Food takes up an other 125,- a week so that's 500,- a month....I guess (my wife would know the exact figures).

I save 25,- per child per month in their own seperate bank account....and that's basically it.

A few hunderd buck a month is left and that really is enough (at the moment) to keep us happy.

What more could one need?

Sure...I'm good friends with my current employer and he is making big bucks at the moment. Just build a new house, 3 holidays a years in some far of place, new porsche etc....I doubt he is more relaxed/happy than I am right now...

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well since we are talking finance here let's break it down for my situation as of this moment...(location: Germany)

I make 3000,- a month before taxes (2135,- on my bank account each month)

State pays me 900,- a month for taking care of 4 children (195,- a child or something...)

my wife has a 12-hours a week tax-free job (government won't tax any job under 450,- euro's)

that's 3435,- euro a months after taxes for my whole family.

I have to pay 800,- on morgage a month and an other 800,- on electricity, water, gas and all the other stuff like garbage etc..

Food takes up an other 125,- a week so that's 500,- a month....I guess (my wife would know the exact figures).

I save 25,- per child per month in their own seperate bank account....and that's basically it.

A few hunderd buck a month is left and that really is enough (at the moment) to keep us happy.

What more could one need?

Sure...I'm good friends with my current employer and he is making big bucks at the moment. Just build a new house, 3 holidays a years in some far of place, new porsche etc....I doubt he is more relaxed/happy than I am right now...

Peace

Do you have any health insurance cost? What about childcare cost? What about student loans? If I had none of these my wife and I would have more then enough to make it and not have to do what we are doing now.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well the crazy thing is....I just moved from the Netherlands to Germany and in the Netherlands they have recently switched from the old social healthcare to some form of private healthcare which basically meant I had to pay about 150,- a month for my health insurance and an other 300/400,- a month for the rest of the family....

Insane!!!

Over here in Germany they still have some social sense and I pay waaaaaaaaaaay less....have to ask my wife how much but not more than a 30/40,- a month for the whole family.

Childcare cost?? You mean what it costs to take care of your children? Or what it costs to let somebody take care of my children? My wife and I made a very clear agreement that at least one of the parents should always be home/availible for the children while the other works. Otherwise we would not have had children to begin with. So no cost at all on that point...

My children still attend primary school and that doesn't add up to a whole lot a year in contribution. My oldest will start highschool next year but apart from the books that we have to buy (about 300,-) and some contribution....no extra costs.

If he wants extend his education in 4/6 years with a university education than it will probably start to cost me but I'm reserving a little every month in case one of my kids turns out to be an Einstein...lol.

I guess things work differently over here....although they shouldn't!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well the crazy thing is....I just moved from the Netherlands to Germany and in the Netherlands they have recently switched from the old social healthcare to some form of private healthcare which basically meant I had to pay about 150,- a month for my health insurance and an other 300/400,- a month for the rest of the family....

Insane!!!

Over here in Germany they still have some social sense and I pay waaaaaaaaaaay less....have to ask my wife how much but not more than a 30/40,- a month for the whole family.

Childcare cost?? You mean what it costs to take care of your children? Or what it costs to let somebody take care of my children? My wife and I made a very clear agreement that at least one of the parents should always be home/availible for the children while the other works. Otherwise we would not have had children to begin with. So no cost at all on that point...

My children still attend primary school and that doesn't add up to a whole lot a year in contribution. My oldest will start highschool next year but apart from the books that we have to buy (about 300,-) and some contribution....no extra costs.

If he wants extend his education in 4/6 years with a university education than it will probably start to cost me but I'm reserving a little every month in case one of my kids turns out to be an Einstein...lol.

I guess things work differently over here....although they shouldn't!!!

Peace

Childcare I'm refering to is the one where your kids are cared for while both parents work. Here in the US its near impossible to make it without both parents working. It would be even more difficult to stager shifts to where one works and one stays home because most salary jobs require you to put in over 8 hour days and its usually during day light hours. There are some careers that allow for over night work but they are few and far between compared to jobs offered during the day. Also with salary jobs you more then likely bring work home after a long day at work just to keep up with deadlines and demands from administration.

As for higher education cost financial advisors are recommending that you put away around 250 a month per kid from birth till first day of college/university. The rate of inflation outpaces most investment if not investment plans used to save for college. Estimated cost for college tuition in 2030 is over 44,000 a year an about 205,000 total for the degree at a public university. Here is a reference. money.usnews.com...

That means for your four kids you would have to save over 1000 a month and it would only work if you started saving the day they were born.

In 2013 the average family healthcare insurance cost was around 16,000 a year. That is just over 1300 a month for insurance. And the insurance doesn't cover 100% and usually high deductables have to be met before they cover dollar 1. Most Americans can't even aford to use their health insurance because of the high deductable and still having to cover 20% of the cost. A trip to the ER could easily run up to 100,000 and with you covering 20% of that bill would be 20,000. The current system can not last. This generation of Americans has nearly no savings and by the time they reach retirement age they will have nothing. Right now its the older generation fueling what little economy we have left simply because they have so much equity in their homes and generious grandfathered pension plans that the current generation has no access to. America will be a scary place in 20 years.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
In the modern world higher education doesn't guarantee you anything other than a piece of paper and a lot of debt..
Marketable skills on the other hand...

Yup Im salary and yup I sometimes bring work home with me and? On average I work around 45 hours a week ..Some weeks I work 35 and some weeks i work 55 but I also am doing very well professionally and sort of feel like if i expect to get paid well..sometimes I have to bring work home with me...

I do feel bad for people that don't work for companies with good healthcare benefits.. Mine currently cost $240 for my wife and I per month...If I had kids they would be around $400 a month.. I had an ACL reconstruction 3 years ago and it ended up costing me $250..without benefits it would have cost me tens of thousands more.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
To give you a UK perspective with our National insurance that covers our healthcare you would need to earn £350,000 ($560,000) in order to pay the equivalant that you say you were paying.

Tax and Ni calculator UK

Bear in mind you would get exactly the same treatment if you were anempluyed and homeless.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Wow...my mind is actually blown!!

I have a lot of respect for you guys who choose to start a family under those conditions.

That's insane!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Interesting story. I'm curious which state/county this is? Some places make it harder to navigate the system or have limits on what you can apply for. (You're very lucky being able to transfer your existing house payments and stay with same daycare/school and doctors while on public assistance. It's another story all together if housing isn't secured and dealing with slum properties once they find some location, having kids attend poorest public schools, and long waiting times at underserved emergency rooms.) Being married with children already also likely makes it easier, single unmarried men tend to be lowest in this pecking-order of who gets what and short-served having to stay at shelters and such.

It's neat that you've been able to navigate the system, but it would be interesting to know some of the other details not mentioned yet.

Honestly though, with the tax burden for this being mostly localized, and difficulty in securing public aid unless you happen to be in just the right locale or meet certain specific qualifications, this is why I'd rather see a livable minimum wage that meets cost of living expenses than having people resort to doing this.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am calling you out and calling B.S.

You have demonstrated a clear lack of how these programs work. Especially Section 8. Unless you have 10 or more children, I promise that you are not living in a $1200 a month apartment, let alone not having to pay a decent portion of you welfare check for it.

The utility programs are once a year funding if you want the entire bill paid. You are in Texas huh? I think you need to be reported. You are the ones who ruin it for people who truly need help. It makes me sick.

12 years ago I had to go on welfare. It was not a walk in the park like you make it seem.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I always find these financial breakdowns interesting because the difference between Canada and USA should really be pretty small but it never is. I live in an oil rich province so like many 25 year olds I make 80,000 and am single. I went to college on scholarship but stopped going when the $ ran out and dont plan on ever finishing. I wouldn't consider taking a student loan I couldn't afford. I also won't have any kids if I need welfare to feed them. Canadian healthcare will probably always be free in my lifetime but income tax is 30%. I'm glad I pay more tax to get social services because its easier than trying to plan ahead for unknown medical emergencies. I would either have failed miserably or would live a much worse quality of life if I were in your shoes because I'm rubbish at budgeting and always eat up my spare $2000 every month. Absolutely no one here is underemployed as all businesses are desperately understaffed. We laugh at your $15/hour debacle because if you offered less than that at a McDonalds here you couldnt hire a single person. No one would apply. Welfare is inconceivable to anyone living here, everyone is hired on the spot for any job theyre half qualified to do. We shop at the same stores, eat the same food, same music, drive the same cars, do the same jobs, but Canada and USA are still so very different.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join