It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live better on Welfare then I ever did working!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

He specifically said he takes his kids out to eat at restaurants using food stamps. That doesn't work, and it's enough proof for me that he's making up his story.

Although I agree with you, there are other things that don't add up, either - two noticeable ones being the "Obama Phone" and the mysterious $10 rent.

I don't want to call the O.P. a liar, I'd rather call him a story-teller because he did put a bit of research and work into his prose. But I'm pretty sure (positive) it is just a story and I am also pretty sure that the story got a lot of facts wrong about government assistance. It isn't a realistic piece.
edit on 03amSat, 03 Jan 2015 05:27:34 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I don't believe your post O.P.

This is because there are factual errors in your supposed "new situation." For a big example, food stamps cannot be used in restaurants. You mention twice that you get to go out to eat at restaurants on the government's dollar, something that isn't true. In addition, there is no way you would get $900 in food stamps per month. I do get food stamps, and I only get $150. I used to only get $10. I have a friend with twins, and he is married, and they only get around $250.

You can get free health care, but even that is not guaranteed. There is no Obama Phone. Both Sprint and Verizon have no subsidies that I have heard of (and I have asked) to help low-income people pay ridiculously low rates. You would have to buy a cell phone that pays by the minute at this point, and it would not be a smart phone, and it would not be a prime network.

You could get cheap electricity, cheap transit card, and your student loans might be forgiven - these are true statements.

I find it hard to believe that you got subsidized housing, you would have to move to a certain specific location (not your current home) and be on a waiting list before getting section 8 housing and you wouldn't get a house, you would be renting an apartment. Even then, they base it on your income. My income is $800 a month and I still have to pay $200 in rent on an apartment.

-----

Basically, you made up the second part of your story.

On a side note, I live on less money than your family spends on food and other expenses each month. I also have a college education, but that doesn't help me find any work that pays much.

I'm getting some help from the government just until I can get back on my feet because I do believe in supporting myself. There are a lot of strings attached to living on government money, for example, my housing has to be inspected a few times a year by government inspectors and there is a lot of paperwork and oversight involved to keep fraud from happening.

1. You don't believe me about section 8...well in Texas it doesn't work the way your state does. You can live anywhere in Texas as long as you and the land lord agree to a rental agreement and the voucher covers the rent. You have to meet income requirements and we do. Here is a link to how it works in Texas www.tdhca.state.tx.us...

2. SNAP benefits for Texas are given here based on family size and income. www.cbpp.org...

For WIC benefits look here...www.fns.usda.gov...

And yes you can use EBT cards at resturants...here is a reference.

Here is a good rap song that brigns awareness to this issue.

3. For Obamaphone several carriers have a "bring your own phone program" that allow you to use own phone and utilize those features such as 4G access. Aslo you can bring your own number from your previous provider and for us it was Sprint. Just like any other provider that allows to you keep your own number when changing providers.

Sorry but these programs exist and are real. Hoaxing is not necessary. Here is some visual documentaries that prove that I'm not unique.

edit on 3-1-2015 by PaladinRoden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

3. For Obamaphone several carriers have a "bring your own phone program" that allow you to use own phone and utilize those features such as 4G access. Aslo you can bring your own number from your previous provider and for us it was Sprint. Just like any other provider that allows to you keep your own number when changing providers.

These programs exist for the most part. No one is really questioning that. What is in question is the fantastical amounts you seem to be getting. I do not know anyone who gets the massive amounts that you do and my work involves sometimes helping people in very low income situations.

First of all, in your first post you said they allowed you to stay with your current provider, Sprint. Unless I am miss reading the above, now your saying it was a bring your own phone program that allowed you to keep a Sprint number on your new provider.

Instead of giving us Youtube videos can you give us a link to the specific program you used to do this. A Lifeline Assistance Program or a Sprint program that pays for your phone bill and allows you to have 4G access for ten dollars a month. I am sure others want to know this also. Not just people questioning you but people who want to use the program. You could be helping millions who do not know of such a program.

edit on 3-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

These programs exist for the most part. No one is really questioning that. What is in question is the fantastical amounts you seem to be getting. I do not know anyone who gets the massive amounts that you do and my work involves sometimes helping people in very low income situations.

First of all, in your first post you said they allowed you to stay with your current provider, Sprint. Unless I am miss reading the above, now your saying it was a bring your own phone program that allowed you to keep a Sprint number on your new provider.

Instead of giving us Youtube videos can you give us a link to the specific program you used to do this. A Lifeline Assistance Program or a Sprint program that pays for your phone bill and allows you to have 4G access for ten dollars a month. I am sure others want to know this also. Not just people questioning you but people who want to use the program. You could be helping millions who do not know of such a program.

Here is a link for Sprint, can't find the one for Texas but it has it open to several cities in Texas. newsroom.sprint.com... .htm

Several other major providers also offer the same assistance through Obamaphone (Life Line) program. They include Virizon, Virgin Mobil and AT&T.

Here is another good reference so that people can wake up to the issue:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

I am awake about the situation. I just feel you are hurting more than your helping. This is not the way to spread awareness. You are only hurting the viability of these programs. There are people who really, really need them. Even if you are telling the absolute truth, which I still believe you are not. You did not need them. You are only trying to take an easier path. Not a necessary path. But to each his own. I need to get some sleep.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The reason your story doesn't match up with reality is because you are using Fox News as a source, I watched the guest. I can't believe that he said such outright misleading statements on camera.

I get food stamps, and you can't use them for fast food or at a restaurant. Further research on the issue revealed that Taco Bell and KFC were vying to participate in a program to provide EBT services to homeless people only, however they were not granted the ability to.

Here is a break-down from the link you gave me showing how much EBT benefits your family could get, being a family of 4. It is not $900.

Family of 4
Maximum Food Stamps: $649
Estimated Food Stamps: $443

The bottom line is you got your story from watching Fox News, which is why it doesn't match how things work in reality. I am surprised though about what they broadcast on there. I watched the YouTube video.
edit on 03amSat, 03 Jan 2015 05:26:16 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaladinRoden

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Here is a link for Sprint, can't find the one for Texas but it has it open to several cities in Texas. newsroom.sprint.com... .htm

Several other major providers also offer the same assistance through Obamaphone (Life Line) program. They include Virizon, Virgin Mobil and AT&T.

You linked your link wrong. It takes you to the homepage instead of the article. The article you tried to LINK is about Assurance. IF you use Assurance their site says you can not use another phone besides the one they give you. It is in their FAQ. Assurance is just like I have been describing the Lifeline Assistance Program. Not how you have been describing how your program works, a sprint phone a sprint number and 10 dollars for 4G. So again please link the specific program you use please so I can read it when I wake up tomorrow. For the sake of everyone who can be helped by it.

Assurance Wireless
edit on 3-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I wasn't doing a line item audit for each catagory, however we qualify for the maximum food stamps because of our income and family size, and you add WIC coupons for milk and formula and food pantry coupons it comes out to at least 900 a month if not more. As for Fox News being a source most people are not reading the actual links I provide to things I am using, thought a visual reference might work. To each his own I suppose. My goal is to educate regardless of how others feel and weather or not they believe it. Knowledge is power.

As for food stamps being used at resturants it is true, if there is policy that its only for homeless, disabled or elderly then they are not following it because anyone with a card they are more then happy to swipe it, not sure how they can enforce it and that would be the resturant breaking the law not the customer. Here is another source that isn't fox news.

www.wggb.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sigh...

"Obamaphone" is actually "Reaganphone". If memory serves it provides 200 minutes or 400 texts per month and is absolutely NOT Internet inclusive.

Frankly, I personally think you're OP is a work of pure fiction intended to further misconceptions about social services and the poor - the ongoing demonization of the bottom 15% by the top 1%. But, if I am wrong, and you truly do have that level of education - your ploy backfires because you aren't instilling hatred of the poor. You're creating hatred toward opportunistic persons of priviledge who piss on their advantages just to make a mockery of the system.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

For educated people, the op is not thinking long term either. There is a lifetime cap of five years on welfare benefits except food stamps.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Well good for that then! I am all for social programs, but welfare should be a step up for people who have fallen down or behind. SSI and SSDI should take care of those with sincere and devastating issues or problems. I've never collected a cent in welfare but did get food stamps for 2 of the 5 years I fought for my disability. It was that or die.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey, OP, look what I found, and not from MA, AZ, MI, or Cali (the only states that AFAIK, allow EBT to be used at some fast food joints) And it's from your state.

No, Jack in the Box doesn't really accept food stamps

www.mysanantonio.com...

SAN ANTONIO -- Jack in the Box began accepting Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, in the Alamo City this month, but some inaccurate reports from local media, including KENS5, claim that the fast food chain is accepting food stamps.

"Those are incorrect," said Stephanie Goodman, a spokeswoman for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, adding that purchasing prepared food with SNAP, or food stamps, is illegal under federal law.

TANF and SNAP are two completely different programs that use the same EBT Lonestar debit card, which can cause confusion, Goodman said.

I'm in agreement with others now that you're stirring up crap to stir it up, and do not have assistance from these programs, otherwise you'd not mix up food stamps with TANF.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: MOMof3

Well good for that then! I am all for social programs, but welfare should be a step up for people who have fallen down or behind. SSI and SSDI should take care of those with sincere and devastating issues or problems. I've never collected a cent in welfare but did get food stamps for 2 of the 5 years I fought for my disability. It was that or die.

If you get disability, you're on government assistance, aka welfare. Use whatever euphemism you want, but you are still eating on my dime.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Millions of disabled Americans receive disability benefits each month, but where does this money come from? Social Security is funded through a tax on employers, employees, and self-insured individuals. Everyone who works in the United States pays into Social Security, and a portion of these funds are allocated to Social Security’s disability benefit programs, namely, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
www.disability-benefits-help.org...

We pay into Unemployment Insurance and Social Security Disability Insurance, so that it'll be there when WE need it.

Welfare and Food Stamps are ALL taxpayer funded.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OP...just wanted to throw this out there. If we were all living in a town a few hundred years ago with many of us farming, building, being doctors, etc, while others that are injured, sick, old, etc. benefited from our work. You would be the one refusing to work and faking an illness just to get the benefits we willingly give to the needy. That to me...assuming any of your story is true...makes you a piece of crap. And if in this town you were discovered to be a fraud, you would likely be kicked out to fare for yourself in the woods...or die. And would completely understand and support that decision by the townspeople.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
We pay into Unemployment Insurance and Social Security Disability Insurance, so that it'll be there when WE need it.

So, what you're saying is that the government takes money from everyone each month to pay for a program that you take money out of? I'm taxed to pay for you, unless I'm mistaken and you are somehow still paying into the program.

Like I said, use whatever euphemism you want, you're still eating on my dime. If it wasn't a mandated tax, we could opt out of the program.

(Universal you intended, not specific to windword, as I know you were merely replying.)
edit on 3-1-2015 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I get it. I really do. My post was a shot in the dark. Maybe it spurred an idea for a book or an article? That might help you get off of the welfare rolls
Good luck and maybe 2015 has better things to offer!

An observation - you appear to have better than average abilities and drive, which is evidenced by your approach to find an alternative to the situation you were in. It showed a lack of fear and a commitment to a solution. It's clear this is a temporary state. I'm sure there's many firms that need your qualities.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The people who are replying how much a POS the OP is for beating the system should reflect on their own situation, then their towns situation, then the countries situation, then the world's current state.

Go ahead and work 80 hours a week and "show the kids that you work no matter what."

My time is worth more than you can ever afford. My family is worth more than your life. The businesses that you slave for (yes YOU who think they are free) don't care about you or your family. Absent parents make horrible parents. Showing your kid to take a menial job and trade their life for dollars you can't take with you, excellently done. The slave masters have indoctrinated you all to where you can do the training for them.

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Those that say you are slave to the government are no more better off than you.

If the dollar collapses and all your fortunes go, what then? Do you think yourself better because you helped contribute to a (failed) society. Do you defend the people that took your life for their own personal gain? I call you a moron for playing long with the Ponzi scheme that is Capitalism.

Lead those kids of yours into the chains of bondage you defend.

Condemn those who beat the game.

Yes, it is a game. No, I won't play by your stupid rules.

Thanks for giving me my memories, slaves. I sleep well, eat well and travel like a free man.

What do you do with your time (aside from what your master tells you)?

If you aren't building your own dreams you're building another persons.

ETA: I own my own business. My mentality for starting was to free up my time (by employing people with your thinking Majestic). This man has done the same without the headaches. Hats off to you sir, gg.
edit on Janpm1ufpm2015-01-03T16:01:46-06:0031uSat, 03 Jan 2015 16:01:46 -0600 by ManufacturedDissent because: Numerous typos

edit on Janpm1ufpm2015-01-03T16:06:23-06:0031uSat, 03 Jan 2015 16:06:23 -0600 by ManufacturedDissent because: Ah! More typos! Hopefully they don't take away my degree for a spelling mistake on the internet.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
OP...just wanted to throw this out there. If we were all living in a town a few hundred years ago with many of us farming, building, being doctors, etc, while others that are injured, sick, old, etc. benefited from our work. You would be the one refusing to work and faking an illness just to get the benefits we willingly give to the needy. That to me...assuming any of your story is true...makes you a piece of crap. And if in this town you were discovered to be a fraud, you would likely be kicked out to fare for yourself in the woods...or die. And would completely understand and support that decision by the townspeople.

But it's not a few hundred years ago. It's 2015 and there are programs that people "take advantage of". In my mind you're an idiot for even using this example because a few hundred years ago isn't today. Circumstances today aren't the same.

OP sounds smart(er than you at least) and I'm sure if it's life or death he makes it work in the tribe.

edit on Janpm1ufpm2015-01-03T16:13:31-06:0031uSat, 03 Jan 2015 16:13:31 -0600 by ManufacturedDissent because: Typos... Guys they revoked my degree.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: windword

So, what you're saying is that the government takes money from everyone each month to pay for a program that you take money out of? I'm taxed to pay for you, unless I'm mistaken and you are somehow still paying into the program.

Like I said, use whatever euphemism you want, you're still eating on my dime. If it wasn't a mandated tax, we could opt out of the program.

(Universal you intended, not specific to windword, as I know you were merely replying.)

He isn't eating on your dime. It's our dime. If the program wasn't mandated and you could opt out, what a great example you would set by showing "them kids" to screw there fellow man.

Also, if you want to get that mandated tax reformed I suggest doing something other than sitting on a computer and whining about it.

All guilty men shouldn't die, if one innocent should die with them. I would stay in the program if it was optional because, in my experience, you can't keep what you have without giving it away.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join