It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CyberWars: Want To Give The NSA Excedrin Headache #23??? Here Is How!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hello again ATS!

A quick but valuable thread for those who want to be well armed in Cyberspace as the war for the Internet and bandwidth plays out.

Up until now there have been several ways that people suspected would help provide anonymity and some semblance of privacy. Sadly the vast majority of these include gaping loopholes or leaks that simply cannot be controlled or potentially ignored. Just logging into a VPN or TOR does NOT guarantee anything. It's a crap shoot.

But it appears the NSA does have it's limitations ( or they're releasing propaganda to make it appear as though they do - dealers choice, as I said it's always a crap shoot )

Protecting your privacy online is not an easy thing to do, especially when it comes to the prying eyes of the NSA and other spy agencies that have complex tools at their disposal to help them collect massive amounts of personal data. But it turns out there are certain tools that are difficult even for the NSA to hack, a new report from Der Spiegel reveals.

The publication gained access to various NSA documents that explained the kind of programs the NSA had troubles decrypting. Apparently, the agency has a scale for online programs, ranking online services according to how difficult they are to decrypt — from “trivial” all the way up to “catastrophic.”

“Monitoring a document’s path through the Internet is classified as ‘trivial,'” Der Spiegel notes. “Recording Facebook chats is considered a ‘minor’ task, while the level of difficulty involved in decrypting emails sent through Moscow-based Internet service provider ‘mail.ru’ is considered ‘moderate.’ Still, all three of those classifications don’t appear to pose any significant problems for the NSA.”

The agency has identified one anonymity method that’s impossible to crack. By combining several services including Tor, VPNs, CSpace and ZRTP, Internet users would give the NSA a “catastrophic” headache, as their communications would be virtually impossible to intercept.

Source
Related

To be helpful I thought, since I'm posting recipes, I might as well include links to the ingredients.

TOR
A fairly good list of VPN's
Cspace
And the Wiki for ZRTP - as it's a bit more complex

If it's a war, then we have a Second Amendment right to arms. Make no mistake, there is war, and this information is your gun rack in that battle.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think this is good for people to know, I do wonder how long they will remain "headaches" though. The NSA surely must be concentrating on these and the information from Snowden is a few years old now. Then again, not a bad thing to utilize should you want to, with an eye open to the future of course, knowing there will be a need to jump ship at some point. Wonder what the next stages will bring?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I feel like a Kindergartener when it comes to this tech talk. I hate it!

Anyway you can break it down into "dummy" terms?

I'm far from stupid....I just don't get this stuff.

Can you explain it to me in a better way?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice, but I don't want to remain anonymous. I want all those who snoop on me to know my intent. I'm willing to fight and if necessary, to die for my beliefs of freedom and liberty. Start out the new year right and stand up for whatever you believe in , regardless of who is watching.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Heff?

I love your fight! But isn't is redundant for any of us to believe we have freedom when it has come to this?

I am off to search for a link to a tech article of how the NSA has created a virtual world with a node for every human being on this planet!

I'll be back when I find it to do an EDIT!!!

Edit: Okay, I didn't find the tech article I was looking for but this one pretty much mirrors what I searched for. Keep in mind this was from 2007!!!

In an unnerving parody of the 3-D virtual reality world of Second Life, the US Department of Defense (DOD) is developing a parallel mirror of Planet Earth on a massive, global scale, called the Sentient World Simulation. Billions of individual "nodes" virtually reflect every man, woman, and child.

Sentient World Simulation (SWS) will be a continuously running, continually updated mirror model of the real world that can be used to predict and evaluate future events and courses of action. It will react to actual events that occur anywhere in the world and in corporate newly sensed data from the real world. SWS will provides the ability to examine the likely progression of the status-quo as well as explore any "what if" scenarios.

SWS creates synthetic decision situations using technology developed at Purdue University in conjunction with funding from the National Science Foundation, Intel, 21st Century Fund, Office of Naval Research and other agencies.

The technology recreates situations using human and artificial agents. It populates it with real data then allows data mining, decision support, forecasting, scenario planning and strategy planning. Millions of artificial agents represent behaviors (buying behavior of consumers, movement of trucks, contamination after a bio-terror attack, etc.) and hundreds of human players can make decisions all in a real time, web-enabled, interactive virtual world.

Parallel Planet Earth Being Created

How do we fight against rulers who are not only that paranoid but sinister enough to develop something such as this that would treat us all as a food source such as vampires creating an endless supply of blood?

edit on 1-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

If I can figure out a simple analogy, it will not happen tonight. Sleep meds are already on board and kicking in. LOL

Basically speaking 99.9% of what the average person does online doesn't require the level of anonymity we're discussing here. Let's be real - who cares if the NSA watches us argue with our sister-in-law over facebook about who has the better lasagna recipe?

For now things are free enough that I can post this thread and not worry about getting black-bagged or arrrested for sedition or impeding national security.

Should that day ever come however, then these are skills that most people will want to possess, even if it's just for simple chatting or sending racy selfies to others.

Personally I send all my nudes directly to the NSA and nobody else. Saves lawsuits, broken hearts, and probably gets them to ignore me outright.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Make no mistake, there is war, and this information is your gun rack in that battle.

How about just everyone be who they say they are backed by vetted credentials and all of us using a federated logon system for the WWW?

Suddenly no war or need for the 'arsenal' that you posted.

Federated Identity

MIT Consortium for Kerberos and Internet Trust
edit on 1-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Guess we're on the same wavelength tonight, I hope you drop by my thread and comment.

I believe the government walks a fine line. They would like us to think we are anonymous as its easier to take out the trash. How are we to know that these methods are not the NSA's solution to a problem they created. A wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak. I rarely trust anything these days and that includes my savior to internet anonymity. You would have to be fluent in the art or literally take someone's word that you are protected.

The agency has identified one anonymity method that’s impossible to crack. By combining several services including Tor, VPNs, CSpace and ZRTP, Internet users would give the NSA a “catastrophic” headache, as their communications would be virtually impossible to intercept.

I admit, I didn't click on all of your links. Is there a good "how to" for certain noobs in the room?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Just sent you a private message.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Heff, keep up the good fight brother. Star and flag.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
First line of defense : Don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't put on a billboard. IF you had some nefarious intent, keep it to in person communications. Every one wants to go hi tech, when low tech or no tech has been around a lot longer.
Now, just as disclaimer and that the above was just common sense, I have nothing to hide from anyone and have no nefarious intent toward anyone.
Not even the lying, spying, over bloated, over reaching, Freedom killing, piss poor excuse we have for a government.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i get a joke with how many people store to the cloud.

if NSA wants to understand some one they just read there cloud storage files

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The NSA willingly giving up it's weaknesses to some media organization?
Oh, my sides hurt from laughing!
Not a freaking chance.

Great song btw. love the lyrics.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Will the Sentient World Simulation know if a blew a fart in their direction?
I sure hope so.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: seeker1963

Will the Sentient World Simulation know if a blew a fart in their direction?
I sure hope so.

How about I join you?

From what I have been told I am pretty deadly after a night of tossing down some beers!

Add some pickled eggs and we are talking WMD's here!

edit on 1-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thanks .. Always good to have more ways to give the spooks headaches .. not to mention quite entertaining .. time to read up and apply what learn ..

Oh.. and the universal gesture of greeting to the spooks at n(o) s(uch) a(gency) and c(aught) i(n the) a(ct) ...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

These people have taken our Right To Privacy away and for what costs? What benefits? Boston bombings, movie theater killers, school shootings, Mumbai bombings, 9/11, 7/7 London. Did not stop them! We lose liberties in silence.

Your threads have value. Not enogh people are opposed to global surveillance. Tor is a crapshoot BUT if more people use it it gets stronger and faster. my money is on it being illegal for westerners to use in the next couple of years.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: steamiron

These people have taken our Right To Privacy away and for what costs? What benefits? Boston bombings, movie theater killers, school shootings, Mumbai bombings, 9/11, 7/7 London. Did not stop them! We lose liberties in silence.

Your threads have value. Not enogh people are opposed to global surveillance. Tor is a crapshoot BUT if more people use it it gets stronger and faster. my money is on it being illegal for westerners to use in the next couple of years.

From their point of view, we never had a right to privacy. Find the law that says we do.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Proxy through a pre-paid credit/debit card registered under false details. You are now anonymous.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Amen my man

The more 'transparency' they want from us the less we get from them. PRISM and 'unconstitutional' collections of citizens show how they won the war against citizenry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join